Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why? YOU posted about Obama....

Just can't face the rest of my post, can ya...
You mean the race card part of your post?

See, thanks to its overuse, liberals playing the race card will have little impact.

Saving America = getting obama out of office.

Oh, once again you are wrong, the poster mentioned obama, I was just setting him straight with the FACTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 06:55 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,567,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I don't believe you need to state your religious affiliation on your voter card, so I'm not sure where you came up with this lie.
The CNN exit polls did show that a lot of the voters identified as Evangelicals and a majority of them said that one of their top issues is that the candidate they are voting for should share their values.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:56 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,683,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think Santorum does stand a chance despite his "so called" skeletons.

There isn't one single politician anywhere that doesn't have them.

Romney strikes me as someone who is constantly riding the rail, trying to please all sides of the fence.

I'd rather see someone in there who is consistent like Santorum than a flake like Romney.
You realize Santorum was voted one of the top 3 most corrupt members of the senate in 2006 and 2007?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
The CNN exit polls did show that a lot of the voters identified as Evangelicals and a majority of them said that one of their top issues is that the candidate they are voting for should share their values.
A "lot" is very different from "only".

Old 01-04-2012, 07:00 AM

24,021 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, cause I would rather pay $7000 in property taxes.....have rude people, pay $300,000 for a 1000sqft apt......

SO yea, my standard of living here in alabama, in my $180,000 2400sqft all brick house (6 years old), 3/4 acre, 28x38 2 story detached gagare (also has the attached garage), $456 property tax ass will be just fine....and living just fine....
Well, I'm paying 8000 in property taxes in Rick Perry's low taxes Texas, on a place in a bad school district and 30 miles from town. The school is not any better than any in Mississippi.

The POTUS does not determine property taxes.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:02 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,214,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
You can look at the vote and figure out the demographics pretty easily. The evangelicals went for Santorum, and the rest went for Romney. The party leadership in Iowa really is dominated by evangelicals, but they don't control who turns out to caucus.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
It says absolutely nothing about the state of the GOP in Iowa or anywhere. What it says is that Barack Obama was the Anti-Bush Candidate in a country that was tired of Republicans. The better comparison would be Bush/Kerry 2004, not 2008.

Can we say FAIL?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And Iowa is a Democratic state, with over 100,000 more Democrats than Republicans.
Iowa Democrats have 100,000 more registered voters than Republicans | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

Were you expecting more GOP votes than Democratic ones, or do you not understand how the party with 100,000 more members, should get more voters to the poll?

Must have failed 4th grade math..
Given all the hype and the endless GOP debates you'd certainly expect a bigger turnout than that. Your excuse about the Democrats having more registered voters in Iowa doesn't fly. The GOP fell short of its own predicted turnout of 140-150, 000 voters in the Hawkeye state. In 2008, the Democrats had a bigger turnout than the Republicans in almost every state... even deeply red states. The Republicans have no excuse for a lackluster showing at the polls. The enthusiasm just isn't there.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It says absolutely nothing about the state of the GOP in Iowa or anywhere. What it says is that Barack Obama was the Anti-Bush Candidate in a country that was tired of Republicans. The better comparison would be Bush/Kerry 2004, not 2008.

Can we say FAIL?
Well if the comparison is Bush/Kerry 2004, it seems like Obama is in for a second term.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You mean the race card part of your post?

See, thanks to its overuse, liberals playing the race card will have little impact. ""

No. I wasn't "playing the race card" (How original )...I was pointing out how Republican candidates are all white males...

Aren't they???

""""Saving America = getting obama out of office.

Oh, once again you are wrong, the poster mentioned obama, I was just setting him straight with the FACTS.
""""Saving America = getting obama out of office. """""

Yes, the Repugs have made that plain....that their ONLY concern is "getting Obama"....NOT creating jobs or improving the economy or ending the wars, improvong education, cleaning the air and water, fixing the illegal immigrant problem....
NOPE, Their ONLY concern is to "Get Obama"....

that's only playing well with whacko extremists who hate Obama more than they love their country....

Do, please tell me Romney's or Santorum's Plans To Save America.....I haven't heard any.....

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 01-04-2012 at 08:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections