Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 05:03 AM

46,324 posts, read 27,157,406 times

Advertisements

Whats funny, is that if you just put a repub (any no name repub) they beat obama....

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - President Obama vs. Republican Candidate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 05:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Its so hard to take the OP seriously when just yesterday he was claiming he was a Republican

Old 01-04-2012, 05:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Obama's haul at the Caucus in 08 was three times that of Romney's in this year's Caucus. In fact Obama got more votes in the Democratic Caucus of 08 than the top 3 Republican candidates combined in the 2012 Republican Caucus. This is very good news for America, the Democratic Party, and Obama.
2008 is SO over. What would he get now I wonder. He's underwater in Iowa today.

If you continue to measure obama's chances by 2008 numbers, you're going to be very upset.

Obama addressed some dem caucus members last night...no cheering, clapping, or chanting and he seemed to almost be begging for more time.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,593,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Well, there you go folks. People wonder why the American educational system is faltering - it's because of posts like this. People hold it against someone who actually attended a prestigious educational institution.
Exactly! It is the jealous 'you have more than me so you are bad mentality of the left that is ruining this country. Pathetic! I guess they want to ignore the fact that obummer also attended an ivy school.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:43 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,586,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Please, his birth certificate has already been displayed, Georgia will be over and birthers will have to move on again.

At any rate, I find it fascinating that Romney won Iowa by 10 votes less then he lower by in the 08 election.

Seriously, our government is broken, and none of the men running seem able to fix anything.
They don't know how to fix it because they don't know what the problem is. Well one guy does anyway. Lets ignore the guy who predicted the entire mess we're in today...

Old 01-04-2012, 05:45 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Duh, yeah. 8 horrific years of GOP crap under Bush, followed by 3 years of GOP obstructionist crap and a tea party downgrade. Or the great President Obama. Easy choice. GOP campaign nonsense just a mere formality and doesn't deserve my time.
Oh, you really think that will fly? What about obama's first two years in office, where he touts all those great legislative victories.....that also happen to be the most unpopular piles of steaming crap in history. That's his REAL problem...what he has done is SO unpopular with the American people...not to mention the FAILURE of his policies.

Can't blame that on the GOP.

We were downgraded because of the debt, you know, the DEBT, which obama has increased by $4 TRILLION?

Old 01-04-2012, 05:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
I would like to comment on the CNN vs Fox News coverage. CNN wins hands down. I switched channels early on. Unlike biased Fox news, CNN had no dog in the hunt (really, they could care less who won the Iowa Republican caucus, apparently), had very impressive graphics and had a better variety of coverage on the ground.

Never ventured up the dial to see what MSNBC was doing. I should have checked out The Fox Business Channel.

As far as the results go, I'm disappointed.

I'm also disappointed that as small as the number of Iowa caucus goers are, I believe I heard that only 77 percent of those that actually voted were Republicans (23% were independents or almost one-quarter) going in to the caucus rooms. So GOP Machine, since you are hellbent on winning the election with Independents and a candidate who can attract Independents, I suggest you solicit Independents for donations, not me.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
I'm just happy to see that whackjob Bachmann ground into the dirt

Did she REALLY think that conservative christians would vote for a woman? A mere woman?? The submissive half of a marriage for President?...LOL!

Old 01-04-2012, 06:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, you really think that will fly? What about obama's first two years in office, where he touts all those great legislative victories.....that also happen to be the most unpopular piles of steaming crap in history. That's his REAL problem...what he has done is SO unpopular with the American people...not to mention the FAILURE of his policies.

Can't blame that on the GOP.

We were downgraded because of the debt, you know, the DEBT, which obama has increased by $4 TRILLION?
OBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMA

You're off topic....he's about as relevent in this thread as PALIN!! (Remember her? LOL!)

Please stick to the topic of the Great White Men of the Republican Party Who will Save America...LOL!!!

Do, please tell me their Plans To Save America.....I haven't heard any.....

Old 01-04-2012, 06:14 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
My prediction:

1 - Romney
2 - Santorum
3 - Paul

below 3 doesn't matter
Told ya so..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections