Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 AM

973 posts, read 1,454,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed. The state in which the poster to whom you responded lives allows "cross-over" voting in the primaries. In fact, her state does not require party registration.
True. I am in that same Open Primary State. You can vote in either Parties Primary but only in one, not both. It allows me to make my choice as a Indy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 AM

6,162 posts, read 7,240,118 times
It funny how so many people can be blinded. The mindset of republicans is get rid of Obama at all cost and they don't care which republicans wins as long as its a republican. But how do they know if any of the republicans will be better than Obama? In fact they could be worse. Just because a president share your political views, that doesn't make him a good president or leader. But thats the way they think. They would rather for this country to go to hell in a hand basket than to see Obama re-elected. The current candidates have serious flaws in my opinion. How can a republican who is against Obamacare support a GOP candidate who's healthcare plan was the model template for Obamacare? Of course Romney tries to backpedal and say his plan was not meant for the entire country, but his past statements say otherwise. Gingrich was a supporter of universal healthcare too. For republicans who are tired of us fighting these wars in the middle east, understand that if a republican is elected president this year, the first thing on his foreign policy agenda is to attack Iran. We'll be stuck there for 8 years after removing their government heads.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:18 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,355,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I can understand why Katzpur as gone more toward the Democratic Party. The Repugs have their ranks filled with religious bigotry. They try their very best to put a good face on things, but you will notice that at no time were the GOP voters even considering Jon Huntsman as their next "not Mitt Romney" candidate. Huntsman will never be that guy an it's because he's Mormon too. They already tried to sell Rick Perry -- a man whose convictions switch the instant that it stands to gain him more political power -- as a "true conservative" and nobody argued with it. There couldn't have been a bigger load of BS. They'll be willing to support anyone. Newt, Santorum or Bachmann. But I guarantee "that other Mormon" won't ever be the next "not Romney" fad, and it's because he's a Mormon.

If the Mormons start leaving the Republican Party in droves, it's no more than the GOP deserves.

What, you're a Mormon? Thought they didn't drink coffee.
Huntman an alternate for Romney? huh? One RINO for another? How's that an alternative? Ironic to have this in a thread where so many are talking about closed-mindedness. Open your mind and you'd see they are not really alternatives to each other and it has ZERO to do with their religion.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You can look at the vote and figure out the demographics pretty easily. The evangelicals went for Santorum, and the rest went for Romney. The party leadership in Iowa really is dominated by evangelicals, but they don't control who turns out to caucus.
The "rest"? He got only 25% of the vote and less than he got 4 years ago even though turnout was somewhat better. Romney will try to make the most of this, but it shows he is a weak candidate with only tepid support among conservatives. I think he will get the nomination but I see a "Bob Dole" outcome in the end.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:31 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,743 times
Default Rick Santorum, really???

I'm really questioning the GOP base. This idiot really almost won the Iowa caucus?

Rick Santorum: Top-tier on Most Corrupt Member of Congress list 2 years running

Santorum's Racist Welfare Rant: 'I Don't Want To Make Black People's Lives Better' With Taxpayer Money | ThinkProgress

Never Go Against the Family: Rick Santorum Nephew Supports Ron Paul

Jay Michaelson: Santorum's Homophobia Problem

The guy is an uber-douche. You want him, he's all yours.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,196,697 times
I just googled santorum and eww, I don't think I can paste the answer here.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,414,209 times
Santorum is this election cycle's Huckabee.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:37 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,814,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
so it appears all you have to say is GOD GOD GOD and win IOWA.
They come in drones like pod people and vote which every way the church tells them too.

Huckabee and Santorium so maybe he story is true IOWA doesnt matter!!!
This is what discredits the Iowa caucuses, and not a Ron Paul win, like what the media talking heads wanted everyone to think. Iowa is pushing out religious ethnophobic, war mongering, gay bashing, bigots in a row. The bible-thumpers absolutely disgusts me. Grand Bigoted Party, indeed.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Ron Paul is the prime example of a Christian.
Coming from an atheist, BTW.
and what is that supposed to mean, what is the prime example of a Christian? I have never known we have certain criteria that makes us Christiams?

Nita

Old 01-04-2012, 09:42 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,355,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and what is that supposed to mean, what is the prime example of a Christian? I have never known we have certain criteria that makes us Christiams?

Nita
ahh...I'm pretty sure one of the criteria is to believe in Jesus Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections