Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 01:09 PM

188 posts, read 477,658 times

Advertisements

I was all for Paul until this morning when he was talking to Soledad Obrien and couldnt answer his twitter question.

It was a pretty harsh dig at huntsman and he just beat around the bush, said he couldnt understand her, and didnt know why it was being brought up.

To me that was just the worst excuse ever and was a total turn off...

I literally have no candidates i would back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 01:12 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,112,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
I believe you're a bit off on your analysis. The EV vote was split:
Probably so, thanks for the link! I read most of the links; getting ALL the news and analysis takes more time than ever.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:15 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,414,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
I was all for Paul until this morning when he was talking to Soledad Obrien and couldnt answer his twitter question.

It was a pretty harsh dig at huntsman and he just beat around the bush, said he couldnt understand her, and didnt know why it was being brought up.

To me that was just the worst excuse ever and was a total turn off...

I literally have no candidates i would back.
That was a stupid question. What did you want him to say "Well, I will find out who did it and scold them well"? Of course the candidates ALL have help with their Twitter and FaceBook posts. Just sounds like someone doing that duty got a little too excited (and rude). RP should definitely relieve that person of that responsibility, but Soledad was trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. She is your typical news person that try to create controversy out of thin air. She threw something on the wall to see if it would stick. I mean really? This would cause you to lose your support for someone?

Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
That was a stupid question. What did you want him to say "Well, I will find out who did it and scold them well"? Of course the candidates ALL have help with their Twitter and FaceBook posts. Just sounds like someone doing that duty got a little too excited (and rude). RP should definitely relieve that person of that responsibility, but Soledad was trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. She is your typical news person that try to create controversy out of thin air. She threw something on the wall to see if it would stick. I mean really? This would cause you to lose your support for someone?
Yep. Man cant answer a question when he gets backed into a corner.

Happened the night before as well, was asked a question about Iran and just danced around the subject.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,294,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Probably so, thanks for the link! I read most of the links; getting ALL the news and analysis takes more time than ever.
For what it's worth, in my precinct the people who are nominated to serve as delegates to the county convention all announce who they support before the vote. Several members of a very conservative evangelical church in the precinct were nominated, and all were supporting Paul.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,737,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Popularity will matter in the election, but his popularity has nothing to do with how effective he has or hasn't been. Popularity is whimsical, and it depends entirely upon how a president is perceived to be doing. Most people in this country have proven to me that they have a very limited knowledge and understanding of history, economics, governmental policy, and foreign affairs, and they generally have only a cursory knowledge of the issues that they're debating. I'm not saying I'm a know it all, either, but I have generally found that people who are the most passionate about economics (the debt, for example) really don't understand what they're talking about.

Take the debt, for example. How many times over the past two years have we heard about how important it is to slash government spending? How many times have we heard about the national credit and the debt ceiling? How many times have we been warned about inflation?

Well the debt has swollen, and yet I don't see prices going up substantially -- do you? Sure, when the price of oil goes up on speculation, the price of everything else goes up with it. But that has nothing to do with Fed policy. There's no Fed inflation right no to speak of. In fact, retailers in the 4th quarter continue price cutting, not price hiking. This is merely one example. There are more examples to show that the people, the average guy who craps on about the national debt and returning to the gold standard really don't have any f*cking clue what they're talking about. But since they heard it from Ron Paul or Fox Business News or CNBC, it must be true.

What we need now are policies that favor the working class and the middle class. That means a freeze in taxes for the middle class and continued benefits for the working poor, and gradually higher taxes for those who have more resources. If Americans are dumb enough to vote for the same people who put us into a subprime mortgage scam bubble, then we deserve whatever misery we get. Hopefully the rest of us who don't vote for such idiocy will be buffered from the consequences.
Interesting. You do know that your economic prescriptions are precisely what have brought the PIIGS in Europe to the brink of economic collapse? Perhaps you don't.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:30 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,294,242 times
I think the question came completely out of left field, as far as Dr. Paul was concerned. More than likely some immature staffer sent the tweet and a more mature staffer caught it and deleted it shortly thereafter. It's highly likely that Paul doesn't really get Twitter (cry "senility" all you want, I don't get Twitter and I'm 30 some years younger than him) so he was probably only informed of the incident in brief if at all.

I consider it a non-issue.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:35 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,414,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
Yep. Man cant answer a question when he gets backed into a corner.

Happened the night before as well, was asked a question about Iran and just danced around the subject.
Again, how was he supposed to answer the question? He didn't know she was going to ask the question and apparently didn't even know what she was talking about. Soledad just made an ass of herself on TV.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Again, how was he supposed to answer the question? He didn't know she was going to ask the question and apparently didn't even know what she was talking about. Soledad just made an ass of herself on TV.
So everything needs to be underhanded to these politicians for them to answer?

The questions out of "left field" show what the person can do on their own, when they arent being spoon-fed by someone or a teleprompter.

He couldnt even acknowledge the fact that he went under the handle of @RonPaul.

Someone that hopes to be president should at least have a grasp on what his own election team is doing, or the outlets they are using.

Otherwise, how can we expect them to run the USA?

edit: he could of answered it and said my bad looks like we were out of place

Old 01-04-2012, 01:46 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,529,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is a matter of opinion and I don't think many share yours. If they did he would be a heck of a lot more popular than he is.

Nita
If Obama thought like a Republican, he'd bomb Iran and watch his "popularity" soar (see Bush, George W). But then again, Obama isn't a moron, so he will not do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections