Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 04:39 PM

46,614 posts, read 27,474,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Outside Guantanamo, can you give us a couple of examples?

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 05:47 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,888,450 times
Anyone here got any sensible reasons why America should vote for the GOP next year?
They know their budget will never be passed or work so are there any other policies that the GOP have said they will impliment that will make trhem electable?
I don't want Obama bashing just real constructive reasons to vote GOP.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:07 PM

37,629 posts, read 19,578,989 times
135 kept, 42 broken, 220 in the works.

Not a bad scorecard. Especially for two years.

The results show that Obama doesn't go on frequent vacations like W did.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:09 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,466,453 times
The GOP hasn't had a decent Presidential candidate since McCain in 1998, and they were too dumb to nominate him.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Anyone here got any sensible reasons why America should vote for the GOP next year?
They know their budget will never be passed or work so are there any other policies that the GOP have said they will impliment that will make trhem electable?
I don't want Obama bashing just real constructive reasons to vote GOP.
The CBO disagrees with you...

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/121xx/doc...yan_Letter.pdf

How did that go for obama....

Old 05-15-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
135 kept, 42 broken, 220 in the works.

Not a bad scorecard. Especially for two years.

The results show that Obama doesn't go on frequent vacations like W did.

Yes, you are correct.......

However, what you have to think about is what those promises were and did the American people agree with them?

Their-in is the question....

Old 05-15-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, you are correct.......

However, what you have to think about is what those promises were and did the American people agree with them?

Their-in is the question....
The American people elected Obama, by a LARGE majority, to keep his promises.

I personally voted for him becase of the promise of UHC. I am pissed that he didn't keep the public option and ride roughshod over the republican obstructionists.

I am hopeful that in his second term he will rediscover his cojones and finish the job he was elected to do.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:

I personally voted for him becase of the promise of UHC. I am pissed that he didn't keep the public option and ride roughshod over the republican obstructionists.

I am hopeful that in his second term he will rediscover his cojones and finish the job he was elected to do.
I'm sorry you voted for him.....

Now tell me this, how many people that you know who did NOT vote for obama and they are now saying....oh hell yes I'm voting for him...

I can tell you MANY MANY people who DID vote for obama and they will NOT do it again....His hope and change he promised was not accurate..during the election year...

Old 05-15-2011, 06:34 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,888,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue bald View Post

I personally voted for him because of the promise of UHC. I am pissed that he didn't keep the public option and ride roughshod over the republican obstructionists.

So many Americans agree with you. I remember during the election campaign how many were for a UHC in the United States. Obama still wants a UHC but, just like Clinton, once it was being formulated the Fear tactics started worrying many that a UHC was bad. The Govt would tell us what treatments we could or couldn't have. A UHC would bankrupt us. I sat in London with my wife and watched complete and utter falsehoods being spouted by Fox news about the UK UHC and how awful it was with "death panels" etc etc etc. I remember the American People starting to object to a UHC and indeed any real change in the Nations Health System.
Obama had to water his approach so that he could get some kind of reform. This current bill is NOT what is needed but is a start.
I am like you and wish Obama had stood up to the objections and gone ahead with his UHC. It is badly needed and would return every cent spent on it 10 fold.
Maybe if the supporters of a UHC had put their strong feelings forward as relentlessly as the right wing anti UHC brigade...America might now be well on the way to implementing the finest health care system in the World for ALL Americans.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
So many Americans agree with you. I remember during the election campaign how many were for a UHC in the United States. Obama still wants a UHC but, just like Clinton, once it was being formulated the Fear tactics started worrying many that a UHC was bad. The Govt would tell us what treatments we could or couldn't have. A UHC would bankrupt us. I sat in London with my wife and watched complete and utter falsehoods being spouted by Fox news about the UK UHC and how awful it was with "death panels" etc etc etc. I remember the American People starting to object to a UHC and indeed any real change in the Nations Health System.
Obama had to water his approach so that he could get some kind of reform. This current bill is NOT what is needed but is a start.
I am like you and wish Obama had stood up to the objections and gone ahead with his UHC. It is badly needed and would return every cent spent on it 10 fold.
Maybe if the supporters of a UHC had put their strong feelings forward as relentlessly as the right wing anti UHC brigade...America might now be well on the way to implementing the finest health care system in the World for ALL Americans.
If we do not get UHC undiluted and complete, you will be witness to a two-class society consisting of the wealthy overlords and the economic (read: insurance) slaves.

If it occurs, a lot of people who would aspire to the wealthy class are going to be very unpleasantly surprised too late to do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections