Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 10:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The problem is look at the Republican presidential candidates. You have Michelle Bachman and the seven dwarves. They have nothing to offer the American people but lower taxes for the rich while screwing over middle class and poor people.
and as much as I was ready to let this thread die (there will be 20 more like it in the next few months) I think you need to see who is the seriously candidates and not voice you views on who has announced. I will add, Bachmann may surprise a lot of people.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 12:16 PM

758 posts, read 592,297 times
There may be many candidates like Ron Paul that'll run to massage their egos, but they don't stand a chance. Ron Paul has run many times, and he never won the ticket. The same is true about Donald Trump and many others. Trump has been laying low since Obama put him in his place. Ron Paul doesn't make any sense, either. He sounds like you're typical Republican in that all he wants is to lower taxes and cut services but then complain about deficit spending. It doesn't work that way.

This is the paradox we face in our society. Everyone wants better services, more programs, and the debt to disappear, yet nobody wants to pitch in and pay the taxes for them. They all want something for nothing, and it doesn't work that way. There's no such thing as spontaneous existence.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:27 PM

855 posts, read 1,174,617 times
to all who are so adamant about Obama not winning re-election, who do you suspect WILL win the presidency in 2012...

contrary to misinformed beliefs, Obama has gotten quite a bit accomplished. Considering that he still has a bit of term left, it's only a matter of time before he accomplishes even more. I know you wish it wasn't so.....

Old 05-15-2011, 01:18 PM

758 posts, read 592,297 times
Here is the reason why Ron Paul is unelectable though most people probably don't know this.

YouTube - "Ron Paul Believes Businesses Should Be Allowed To Put Up A 'NO BLACKS' Sign!" Rachel Maddow

I'm telling you, folks. This next election is pretty much locked on. Obama now has the Republicans snowed in this time around. He's already accomplished more in just two years than Bush did in two terms. Imagine what he can do in two terms. I'd like to say it'll be a runaway election, but there are several folks out there who won't vote for him just because he's black. All things considered, I'm certain there are more white folks that WILL go with Obama, and more minorities as well. I want everyone to remember this statement I just made.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:24 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,513,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
to all who are so adamant about Obama not winning re-election, who do you suspect WILL win the presidency in 2012...

contrary to misinformed beliefs, Obama has gotten quite a bit accomplished. Considering that he still has a bit of term left, it's only a matter of time before he accomplishes even more. I know you wish it wasn't so.....
Well he raised to cost of gasoline. As he promised he would.

He made everyone get health insurance after spending 2 years telling us health insurance people are crooks.

He raised the cost of used cars which hurts the poor.

He got us involved in a Libyian Civil War.

He got bin Laden.

He's done one good thing at least.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:26 PM

855 posts, read 1,174,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Well he raised to cost of gasoline. As he promised he would.

He made everyone get health insurance after spending 2 years telling us health insurance people are crooks.

He raised the cost of used cars which hurts the poor.

He got us involved in a Libyian Civil War.

He got bin Laden.

He's done one good thing at least.

and this answers my question how? if not Obama, then who?

focus.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,470,091 times
If you want this Country to continue to fail, to continue with the high gas prices, food prices, economy, bad housing market, unemployment, busineeses shutting doors, poor policies, a bully, vote for him. This Country will go down faster then you think, if he is voted in again. He is only testing the water, just wait and see what the Shark does. You ain't seen nothing yet, take a good long hard look around, things are not going to get better with a President who does not understand the concept, of how to make things better. Hope and Change my a--, the hell it is, under Obama we are going down fast.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:54 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,857,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
If you want this Country to continue to fail, to continue with the high gas prices, food prices, economy, bad housing market, unemployment, busineeses shutting doors, poor policies, a bully, vote for him. This Country will go down faster then you think, if he is voted in again. He is only testing the water, just wait and see what the Shark does. You ain't seen nothing yet, take a good long hard look around, things are not going to get better with a President who does not understand the concept, of how to make things better. Hope and Change my a--, the hell it is, under Obama we are going down fast.
Memory really short????????????
What administration was in when the worst financial crisis EVER hit America.
Who felt it was necessary and introduced the bail out plan?
Who completely ignored the illegal immigration problem etc etc etc.
What party was overwhelmingly voted out because of BAD ppolicies?
What party got into huge debt then sacked their "token black" chairmen?
All of the above and more are reasons to be very careful about voting for the GOP..... Nothing has changed in their agenda...they have absolutely NO new ideas and haven't bothered to reconstruct the Republican party after their implosion. They are being led by the nose by the tea party and have nothing to bring to the table except more of the same misery and war that they fed to America in the 8 years of Republican administration.
Obama is far from perfect but he IS turning the Country around and getting the USA out of the Disaster that he inherited. To rebuild from destruction costs money...lots of money but he is getting America back together...yet he hasn't even completed one term.
The Republicans are hoping that Obama makes a big mistake to get elected instead of getting elected on their own merits, which are pretty thin at the moment,

Old 05-15-2011, 04:25 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,271,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Obama has little chance of being re-elected. He did not live up to any of his campaign promises. People won't forgive that.
Outside Guantanamo, can you give us a couple of examples?

Old 05-15-2011, 04:35 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,987,165 times
Obama will have a 2nd term. Trust me!!

Osama is in Hell right now with his 24 Whores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections