Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 10:36 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,326,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yeah, because he's not in charge of the military or anything like that.
To Obama's credit, he didn't stick to his original intent to stop the war on terror yet and we got this bad guy. Heck he even started another war!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 PM

758 posts, read 594,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you mean congratulations to the military...obamy had nothing to do with it
You wouldn't be saying that if it was Bush who was in the White House. Obama even said in his speech tonight he made the capture or killing of Osama bin Laden top priority to the CIA. Yes, he did have something to do with it.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,078,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Obama is getting re-elected only because the GOP doesn't have a strong candidate on offer. Obama has accomplished ZERO. Please take the blindfolds off. I did in 2010
HE COMMANDED THE TROOPS TO KILL OSAMA BIN LADEN SWEETHEART....BUSH WISHED HE HAD THE INTELLIGENCE FOR THAT....THAT ALONE MARKS PRESIDENTIAL SEAL FOR SECOND TERM....SO AMERICA BRACE YOURSELF ON ELECTION NIGHT NOVEMBER 4,2012 WHEN IT IS ANNOUNCED PRESIDENT BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA HAS WON A 2ND TERM!!!!! OBAMA 2012-2016 Don't you birthers love it!!! Then you will be asking to see proof of his DNA to justify if he is even human!!! LOL

Old 05-01-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yeah, because he's not in charge of the military or anything like that.
Actually he is, genius! He's the Commander in Chief of the military. How do I know? Because I'm ex-military myself, and the President is the Commander in Chief of the military. All the generals and commandants like Stanley McChrystal answer to him. Have you ever heard the term, "Executive decision?" I guess not!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
To Obama's credit, he didn't stick to his original intent to stop the war on terror yet and we got this bad guy. Heck he even started another war!
What other war did he start? The situation in Libya is a UN deal, and those are NATO strikes. I don't recall anyone (not even FAUX News) announcing he sent ground troops into Libya.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 PM

956 posts, read 1,119,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
NATO and UN military operations are composed of a coalition of forces from various countries. Any military action by the UN has to be agreed upon by the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, so Russia, China, etc are just as responsible for the action in Libya as the US is. Aside from that, President Obama has already put out the deadlines concerning withdrawals from the region and combat missions in Iraq have officially ended. Your attempt to diminish this accomplishment with your dumbfounded rhetoric would be laughable, but there are far too many fools who think like you do. Try that one again...

Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 PM

Tonight is a night to celebrate a huge victory for America.

YouTube - God Bless the U.S.A. by Lee Greenwood

Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 PM

33,079 posts, read 19,718,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
You wouldn't be saying that if it was Bush who was in the White House. Obama even said in his speech tonight he made the capture or killing of Osama bin Laden top priority to the CIA. Yes, he did have something to do with it.
yes I would

I served through 4 POTUS's (from 1982 to 2005)retired after my second tour in the mideast 02-03 and 04-05 (medically retired) ...sorry the guy in the whitehouse (no matter what his party) is not the end all

I dont give credit or blame to either bush or obama

why would you give 'credit' to obama, for the military finally finding this guy?????...was obama THERE?????

Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes I would

I served through 4 POTUS's (from 1982 to 2005)retired after my second tour in the mideast 02-03 and 04-05 (medically retired) ...sorry the guy in the whitehouse (no matter what his party) is not the end all

I dont give credit or blame to either bush or obama

why would you give 'credit' to obama, for the military finally finding this guy?????...was obama THERE?????
No, Obama was in the White House giving out the orders trying to take care of the worst recession since the Great Depression thanks to his incompetent predecessor. Barack Obama was having to show everyone his long term birth certificate because some ******* with a horrible combover has a problem with our first black President. Barack Obama was in Washington working diligently to do the right thing while that dipstick Paul Ryan was trying to cut Medicaid and Medicare. Barack Obama was doing everything he promised while getting little to no cooperation from Boehner and the Republicans even after there wasn't a government shutdown. That's what he was doing.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:11 PM

Yes we can! Yes we did! Yes we will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections