Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:37 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,873,917 times

Advertisements

I really don't trust McCain. I think he would be another George Bush he was president. But, would anything in the United States change if Obama becomes president.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 01:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I really don't trust McCain. I think he would be another George Bush he was president. But, would anything in the United States change if Obama becomes president.?

Lordy! Let's hope so !

Old 07-17-2008, 01:29 AM

365 posts, read 526,204 times
Quote:
I believe it would. We definitely need a change. I don't think we can afford for things to remain as they are. Where would we be in another four years if a change doesn't come? I dread to think about it. Just the thought of McCain becoming anything more than a senator fears me, moreless the President. If by chance McCain wins, this nation can pray to God for an earlier rapture because we are ruined. I know that the only hope we have now is for Obama to become the President.

Bush-McCain-all the same-what's in your wallet !!! With McCain, we want need a wallet or a pocket

Old 07-17-2008, 01:33 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,202,765 times
Quote:
Like what? You think the Russians are going to come to the US, kow-tow to Obama, then get on national television and beg Americans for forgiveness for having dumped 100% of their US$ reserves an for refusing to sell commodities in US$ which caused the US$ to drop 10 1/2 points against the Euro and 1500 points against the Ruble?

Fat chance.

You think the rest of the world will start trading in US$ again? Fat chance.

You think the US will abandon its current geo-strategy and give up trying to take over Iran and Central Europe?

Not no, but hell no, even more so since it is the bureaucrats, not the presidents, who formulate geo-strategy.

You think the economy will get better? It won't. Obama can wave the Magic Obama Stick around all he wants, it won't change the fact that certain commodities are in short supply and prices will continue to rise.

The next president will not be re-elected. No president in the history of the US has ever survived a bad economy, and typically neither do political parties.

If you want a preemptive strategy, I'd elect McCain, then you can have a Democrat for the next 16 years after that. If you elect Obama, you'll end up with Republicans for 16 years after that.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:36 AM

Well, I'm not voting. I'm just waiting to see whats going to happen if either candidate becomes president.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Like what? You think the Russians are going to come to the US, kow-tow to Obama, then get on national television and beg Americans for forgiveness for having dumped 100% of their US$ reserves an for refusing to sell commodities in US$ which caused the US$ to drop 10 1/2 points against the Euro and 1500 points against the Ruble?

Fat chance.

You think the rest of the world will start trading in US$ again? Fat chance.

You think the US will abandon its current geo-strategy and give up trying to take over Iran and Central Europe?

Not no, but hell no, even more so since it is the bureaucrats, not the presidents, who formulate geo-strategy.

You think the economy will get better? It won't. Obama can wave the Magic Obama Stick around all he wants, it won't change the fact that certain commodities are in short supply and prices will continue to rise.

The next president will not be re-elected. No president in the history of the US has ever survived a bad economy, and typically neither do political parties.

If you want a preemptive strategy, I'd elect McCain, then you can have a Democrat for the next 16 years after that. If you elect Obama, you'll end up with Republicans for 16 years after that.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
I believe it would. We definitely need a change. I don't think we can afford for things to remain as they are. Where would we be in another four years if a change doesn't come? I dread to think about it. Just the thought of McCain becoming anything more than a senator fears me, moreless the President. If by chance McCain wins, this nation can pray to God for an earlier rapture because we are ruined. I know that the only hope we have now is for Obama to become the President.

Bush-McCain-all the same-what's in your wallet !!! With McCain, we want need a wallet or a pocket
I would like to know if the gas prices would go down. I'm not going to take McCain word on lowering gas prices and all this other BS.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:03 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,037,150 times
Oh it would change all right...change for the worst.

Obama and his croonies love to throw that word out quite a bit..."change". I have no reason to believe in the power of change at this point.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 AM

Man, this has to be the worst decade for change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Oh it would change all right...change for the worst.

Obama and his croonies love to throw that word out quite a bit..."change". I have no reason to believe in the power of change at this point.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:20 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,437,223 times
No, America will not change. There'll be a short honeymoon period, followed by continued decline in the economy, rise in oil prices, etc.

We'll have the same tired excuses from Obama when nothing gets done, followed by a lack of any work his last two years as he tries to get re-elected. (Being a rock star is "hard work," ya know.... only the second time around I doubt he'll have the rock star following and adoration since his newness will wear off and his true typical boring middle aged dweebie self since exposed during his Presidency)

Old 07-17-2008, 05:24 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,413,570 times
Quote:
Absolutely....and for the better. No question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections