Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:12 PM

564 posts, read 893,306 times

Advertisements

It's for certain this country needs a change
It's for certain McCain will not provide change
It's for certain Obama will not provide change

It's certain Dr. Ron Paul would've, you clapped and cheered when he debated the rest, then when our "free" press didn't give no air time, You forgot.

You all will get what you deserve. (unfortunately I'll have to ride the bus of hell with you) Maybe, hopefully, we can get Mr. Paul to run again in 4 yrs. (if there is any America left) then maybe you'll remember how bad we need change and wont forget again. I have hope. I can't believe you all have hope in these two idiots placed in front of you. Oh well, "All Aboard"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 03:17 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,705,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post

It's certain Dr. Ron Paul would've, you clapped and cheered when he debated the rest, then when our "free" press didn't give no air time, You forgot.

You all will get what you deserve. (unfortunately I'll have to ride the bus of hell with you) Maybe, hopefully, we can get Mr. Paul to run again in 4 yrs. (if there is any America left) then maybe you'll remember how bad we need change and wont forget again. I have hope. I can't believe you all have hope in these two idiots placed in front of you. Oh well, "All Aboard"
I felt lost when Romney dropped out. I am hoping that Obama/McCain will only be 1 term presidents.

But these are our candidates, and there is nothing we can do about it. Vote for one and hope for real change in 4 years.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:25 PM

571 posts, read 853,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post

Leaving Iraq not change?
Taking away oil companies benefits not change?
a 2.4 billion dollar policy on newer cleaner energy not change
A health plan which i disagree with of national healthcare not change
increasing taxes so our dollar will go up not change
stop all the hate the world views on america not change
ending the war on science bush has implimented not change
higher education bill not change

these are a few ideas

i guess none of them are change

Old 07-17-2008, 03:29 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,186,023 times
Yes, it will change. We will be working until August to pay our taxes.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

With the possible exception of the 1856 election, I can't think of a worse time in US history to be president.
The problem is, I truly believe Obama is running for President just to be in history books as the first half-black president. After all, such an accomplishment may even warrant a monument someday, and I'm sure the thought of THAT makes his leg tingle.

Try as I might, I cannot believe he is in this because he particularly "cares" about America - only about grabbing he next big ring in politics, and his constituency be damned (freezing tenants in Southside are exhibit A to this theory).

Old 07-17-2008, 03:31 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I felt lost when Romney dropped out. I am hoping that Obama/McCain will only be 1 term presidents.

But these are our candidates, and there is nothing we can do about it. Vote for one and hope for real change in 4 years.
I agree, and fully believe that whoever gets "it" in 2008 won't be sticking around for round two in 2012 - and thank god for that!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
No question huh? From who?

Im saving this post from you and the others who write simular ones.

In 6 months after the racist pig and his racist ugly wife is in office and people such as yourself begins to make posts on this very forum calling him a liar and a thief, I will repost all these posts.

Im glad some of you are not a betting man. So gullable. Believe anything those clowns say. Im stumped !
Hey, knock yourself out. Save these posts, by all means. In fact, I want you to do me a favor: SAVE THESE POSTS.

That black man is going to win and it's obvious that the bigots are unglued and angry because of it.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Which changes, the changes from last month or this week?
Changes from the last 7 years of Dubya. This is old stuff.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,438,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Changes from the last 7 years of Dubya. This is old stuff.
so what do you think is going to change?4 years from now gas will still be high,likely much higher with obama since he is determined to do nothing to increase energy production[not that mccain is going to do much either].taxes will go up to fund all of obamas 'new programs' but he wont be able to tax enough so the deficit will still go way up.the economy will continue to deteriorate because nothing will be done to lower the cost of energy which will eventually cause unemployment to rise which will decrease revenue to the treasury even more which will nessesitate raising taxes on the employed even further.i think obama will get a healthcare plan through which will force employers to pickup some of the cost of insurance for their employees which will cause many small businesses to cut back on the number of employees,further raising unemployment.i also think having health insurance will become mandatory which will become a 'defacto payroll tax' and lead to people having another weekly 'withholding deduction'coming from their paychecks further adding to many peoples financial burden......feel free to tell me where im wrong

Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 PM

299 posts, read 547,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The problem is, I truly believe Obama is running for President just to be in history books as the first half-black president. After all, such an accomplishment may even warrant a monument someday, and I'm sure the thought of THAT makes his leg tingle.

Try as I might, I cannot believe he is in this because he particularly "cares" about America - only about grabbing he next big ring in politics, and his constituency be damned (freezing tenants in Southside are exhibit A to this theory).
Or to become a martyr. Has anyone ever thought about the fact that it might not bother him if he is shot because of being the history books from then on? I am not saying it will happen but this country can be crazy at times and I would not like to see him hurt. We don't need another assination attempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections