Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 06:27 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because that was the deal the Federal Government made, in order to push drilling further out..

You do believe people should fufill their agreements right?
citation? where is this "agreement" that the US government is responsible for cleaning up the oil companies' blunders??? enlighten us...

I am always amused when the "we want smaller government and LESS government regulation" crowd complains that the government didn't work magic, didn't take the lead, didn't prevent, didn't act fast enough, didn't fix the mess each and every time big business, that you think we should regulate less, blunders....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
boy this was an easy one, Obama campaigned on increasing troop levels in Afghanistan and he changed Bush's "timeline" as soon as he got in office.

Troops in Afghanistan Need Help, Obama Says - NYTimes.com

Obama calls situation in Afghanistan 'urgent' - CNN

Obama rejects Bush Iraq withdrawal plan - Politics - Decision '08 - msnbc.com

Obama approves Afghanistan troop increase - CNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, Obama followed the Bush timeline already set prior to Obamas election. All he did was promise to do what everyone knew was going to happen..

Old 04-11-2011, 06:52 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,553,359 times
I think John Q. Citizen has a much better chance of getting elected than Barack. People are tired of lies. Libya needs a new leader, it is a perfect fit for him.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:42 PM

3 posts, read 3,393 times
I am a 63 yr.old female, I have been Democrat all my life because they have always been for the poor, Cant you people see that obam is not for the poor or rich he is for how ever many Terrorist , Communist , Muslim , he can get to America, when elected he removed the U.S Flag he didnot want to be associated with it then or now, he is for the people who can bring HIM more Power, why cant You see that ,Maybe he will get relected but if he does its because he is evil & the bible says the anti-christ will come ,I believe that Obam is not the anti-christ but I believe he works for him & that he is opening the way for him, I am not a fanatic on Religion but I simply believe in God, & when Obam hits you in your pocket book you will turn on him when you loose your job you will turn on him & when he takes away you God given rights you WILL turn on him, I can see the evil in him, Get Ready it IS coming your way , & then you will understand why he should not be president of the United States or president of the Dog Pound, All I can say is God Have Mercy On Us If He Gets Re- elected

Old 04-12-2011, 02:51 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldstarr View Post
I am a 63 yr.old female, I have been Democrat all my life because they have always been for the poor, Cant you people see that obam is not for the poor or rich he is for how ever many Terrorist , Communist , Muslim , he can get to America, when elected he removed the U.S Flag he didnot want to be associated with it then or now, he is for the people who can bring HIM more Power, why cant You see that ,Maybe he will get relected but if he does its because he is evil & the bible says the anti-christ will come ,I believe that Obam is not the anti-christ but I believe he works for him & that he is opening the way for him, I am not a fanatic on Religion but I simply believe in God, & when Obam hits you in your pocket book you will turn on him when you loose your job you will turn on him & when he takes away you God given rights you WILL turn on him, I can see the evil in him, Get Ready it IS coming your way , & then you will understand why he should not be president of the United States or president of the Dog Pound, All I can say is God Have Mercy On Us If He Gets Re- elected
His Character and his Policies have dictated his fate

Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way you can understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out. We have a lot of work to do.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Old 04-12-2011, 03:00 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Barack Obama will undoubtedly get re-elected. The economy didn't recover overnight when he came into office, but he's already accomplished more in two years than Bush did in two terms. The Republicans haven't offered any solutions to fix the economy, either. Keep in mind Barack Obama will be the incumbent meaning he'll be harder to defeat than 2008. Don't be surprised if he wins by a landslide. I'm 80-percent sure this next election will be a runaway victory for the Democrats.

Also, the conservatives can't find anyone who measures up. Mike Huckabee already stated he probably won't run. That man has too many skeletons in his closet, furthermore. The guy is an right-wing evangelical Christian for one thing. Plus, he pardoned a guy who killed several people in Arkansas, and he has a son who was ousted as a Boy Scout leader for torturing puppies. Those alone are wild cards that will disqualify him from the race. Sarah Palin will be lucky if she even makes it to the primary. I'm sure she'll run to massage her Alaska-sized ego, too. Not even John McCain stood a chance playing his veteran card, so I'm positive the same is true about the other Republicans.

Barack Obama's ratings are now higher than that of either Clinton or Reagan around this time frame during their first terms. What you're also forgetting is there are more black voters than ever before. They'll probably pour into the polls more so than they did in 2008. Myriad Hispanic voters are disenchanted with the Republican Party as well. Not to mention recent college graduates like yours truly are disgusted over the way Republicans haven't done a damn thing about unemployment and even wanted to slash benefits for the 99ers. They're the ones that gave tax cuts to big businesses.

I'm hoping when Scott Walker gets recalled which I'm sure he will, our friends in Wisconsin will spark the catalyst towards something big. His being ousted will leave a bad headline for the Republicans and cost many of them their seats. I'm half-expecting the Democrats will regain control of both houses again after this whole debacle Bush got us into. Unless something terrible happens, I see no way he WILL NOT get re-elected end of story.
I guess the Obama political machine is already starting its propaganda.

Guess what sweetie, even the far left is bailing on this phantom president:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/11/op...rssnyt&emc=rss

"The President Is Missing
By PAUL KRUGMAN

Published: April 10, 2011

What have they done with President Obama? What happened to the inspirational figure his supporters thought they elected? Who is this bland, timid guy who doesn’t seem to stand for anything in particular?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Barack Obama will get re-elected in 2012

The GOP field of challengers is exceptionally weak. However, it's 19 months until the election and a lot can happen in that amount of time. Obama looks safe now, but the election isn't now. If things take a turn for the worse with the economy or Afghanistan, he could become vulnerable. Of course, an improving economy and more stable Afghanistan would make him balletproof.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:57 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldstarr View Post
No powerful meds can help this one.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:02 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Obama will get re-elected if the choice is between him -vs- Palin, Trump, or the Mormon.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 PM

758 posts, read 591,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
I guess the Obama political machine is already starting its propaganda.

Guess what sweetie, even the far left is bailing on this phantom president:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/11/op...rssnyt&emc=rss

"The President Is Missing
By PAUL KRUGMAN

Published: April 10, 2011

What have they done with President Obama? What happened to the inspirational figure his supporters thought they elected? Who is this bland, timid guy who doesn’t seem to stand for anything in particular?
Guess what Sweetie! This is just an impasse. His polls are already coming back, so that's not quite kosher. Plus, his approval rating is even higher than that of either Clinton or Reagan during their first terms around this time as I articulated beforehand. Wait until election season next year, and we'll see who's confident that he gets voted out of office then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections