Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 02:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,936,311 times

Advertisements

I think Obama will win because people will not want Republicans in power as they will CUT, CUT, CUT.
No one wants to give up their piece of the pie.
More are dependent on the government for one benefit or another and will NOT give it up.
Our dollar is worth about $.15 now with the funny money being printed up in the billions each month.

We are living on borrowed time. Too bad the majority don't see that.

Historical Value of U.S. Dollar (Estimated)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 PM

6,204 posts, read 7,508,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Barack Obama will undoubtedly get re-elected.
1) There is nothing "undoubted" in politics.
2) It depends much on what happens between now and Nov 2012 (about 18 months)
3) The situation is extremely fluid: who would have thought a couple of months ago about Libya or the nuclear disaster in Japan? And who knows what may happen next...

Old 04-10-2011, 03:18 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,777,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"W" squeaked through with a 52% approval rating at the time of the election. I know of no other sitting president who won a second term with an approval rating below that. So when the Obama sheep say victory is in the bag, I say he'll lose if he cannot get his approval rating up to at least 52%. You heard it here first.
A lot of presidents had lower approval ratings at this time in their tenure and got re-elected, so I'm not sure you're right.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,469,359 times
Doesn't Obama hold the record for the most promises broken? Gitmo is still open, troops are still in
Afghanistan, the federal government has exempted companies from having to comply with health care reform....... I could go on and on.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Where is my hope and change?

Old 04-10-2011, 03:32 PM

415 posts, read 452,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Doesn't Obama hold the record for the most promises broken? Gitmo is still open, troops are still in
Afghanistan, the federal government has exempted companies from having to comply with health care reform....... I could go on and on.
Sp pretty much everything you wanted him to do. Don't act like you wanted Guantanamo closed, not exempt the companies etc.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:13 PM

What I think does't matter. What matters is that this POTUS failed to deliver on his promises. As far as hope and change...........? He didn't even come close.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:19 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,372,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Actually, he's doing pretty well at keeping promises if you actually bother to check the numbers. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ameter/browse/

Old 04-10-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Actually, he's doing pretty well at keeping promises if you actually bother to check the numbers. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ameter/browse/
Your link is biased and has no credibility with me. Obama promised to bring troops home from Afghanistan emphatically. What is up with the troops still being in Afghanistan? Is Obama a liar?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:29 PM

27,224 posts, read 47,008,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
Sp pretty much everything you wanted him to do. Don't act like you wanted Guantanamo closed, not exempt the companies etc.
That is not what it is about...it is about that he is saying things he doesn't do and flip flops.

There is already proof that Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling under Bush..., so does he really want to go there...

The man should be out sooner than later. I never saw a person who is campaigning for years and years and never behaved as the President of the USA. He is really winning one award; Worst president ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections