Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 03:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,486,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
The real action continues to take place on the international stage — as the Harper government tries to strike new trade deals to compensate for declining export volumes and enacts its “muscular pragmatism” foreign policy.

On the trade front, we will see the early fruits of the Canada-U.S. border security deal, as pilot projects are implemented by mid-year.

The Canada-European Union free trade agreement is scheduled to be concluded this summer, if both sides can water down their Chianti over issues like local procurement, supply management, rules of origin and intellectual property. Rules of origin worry the Europeans, who fear a flood of U.S. autos arriving under cover of being partly made in Canada. But diplomats in Ottawa say the Eurozone crisis is increasing their resolve to seal the deal.

The surprise announcement by President Barack Obama in Hawaii that he would like Canada to join the nascent Trans-Pacific Partnership opens another potential avenue for trade diversity.

This is Canada 2012 plans and as you see Canada is betting that Obama get Re-Elected since the SPP to increase Can/US border secutiry and but also cut the wait times and costs of cross border trade..since I buy tons of stuff online from the US but the cost of shipping is stupid when a I buy something off E-bay or amazon where most stuff I buy is 3 hours away in Seattle and to ship up to Vancouver it costs more than next day express shipping to florida..

the SPP is good for both our countries because we will have the same food, building, automotive standards and things lke bolts, screws, tolls will all be have the same specs and have to meet the sam regulations we will share all police records and allow US and Canadian police to make come and arrests in either country so if a RCMP or state trooper are chasing a bank robber they can chase him acoss the bporder and arrest him and you can't run to the US or Canada to try and hide since both law enforcment agancies will be working together.

also all of Canada ports and airports will have the same security as the US and have both US and Canadian customs agents working toghether and using the same Database and all have the same training and both our militaries are allowed to cross the border in case of a emergency like 9/11 or disater like a massive quakes or hurrican to help provide a quick response to diasters.

I mean we are putting all our resouces and all going to follow a whole new set of joint porcedured and guidlines to all possible events and we are pretty much going to be the sam country in terms of security how we build things and our saftey codes and will follow the same guidlines that will be laid out.

The SPP is huge since we have to all sit down from law enforcement, military, Construction workers, the auto industry, big oil and gas, big pharma, the food industry and write out a whole new set of guidelines and rule and Re-train and re-tool to meet them.

Kniow we have been asked to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership means that the US and Canada will decide how to increase trade with asia together but have some major things left that favor our countries since Japan and Australia did not want Canada in because they fear that they will have to get onboard with our standards and do it our way or not be able to sell their product here which means that everything from cars to bolts to how the test their products now have to change or they lose their market in north america. it means we have gone protectionist

So our all our cars, homes pipelines, power grids, saftey codes and how we build and what standards we follow and the tools we use to test and work on them will be them same.

Hey my guy is Mike Holmes, love the guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 03:47 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I really don't care who has bought and pid for his services. What i most care about was all the hype about Hope n' Change, which for whatever reason, is nothing but Great change that he has brought to us.

On the contrary, i don't think he has the fainest idea of how to get this economy going, because he has no business sense.

You know what we will all see, lets see how many people in this N.Y. are going to find and be put back to work.
Check it out for youself, read that 50 businessess we all know and have heard, may very well be closing their doors, not only Sears, and k-marts.
They're not closing their doors because Obama has "no business sense". They're closing doors because Sears and K-Mart has poor business sense! I mean really, I haven't been to either store in years. K-mart feels like a third world garage sale and Sears just hasn't kept up with the times. They've both tried to basically keep the same business model they've had for 40 years when new competition has trounced them.

Would you even know what good business sense was if you saw it?

Old 01-04-2012, 04:08 PM

11,157 posts, read 29,398,170 times
Canada’s three westernmost provinces will lobby Ottawa hard early in the new year to devise a national strategy that will showcase this country as an “energy powerhouse.”

A joint mission to Ottawa was announced by Alberta Premier Alison Redford, who was hosting a “New West Partnership” meeting Tuesday, with B.C. Premier Christy Clark and Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall.

The trio of provinces, rich with energy resources such as oil, gas, coal and hydro, plan to wield their economic clout with Prime Minister Stephen Harper to harness Canada’s energy prowess.
“The Western provinces have a real chance to step up in Confederation,” Ms. Clark said.

A national strategy would remind Canadians that being an energy-producing country is a good thing and that steps are being taken to address environmental concerns about resource production, she said.
“We need to be proud of the fact that our country is an energy powerhouse,” Ms. Clark added.
Ms. Redford has been the champion of a national strategy since she was selected as Progressive Conservative Party leader in October.

Energy executives, including powerful chief executives like Suncor Energy Inc.’s Rick George and Enbridge Inc.’s leader Pat Daniel, have been pushing the federal government to do the same. A slate of proposals have been suggested by industry and some politicians including regulatory reform, a cap-and-trade system, and incentives for renewable energy projects. However, a formal plan with concrete details has yet to emerge.

Mr. Wall said a starting point would simply be to proclaim Canada’s confidence in its position as an energy-producing country, while at the same time addressing critics who have slammed this country for producing “dirty oil.” He said the country can – and is – doing more to protect the environment.
“What other nation in the world that’s an energy power can claim what this country can in terms of its environmentally responsible approach to the development of energy and its commitment to do better in the future?” Mr. Wall asked.

Ok if you notice Canada is trying to get Obama and his green friends on board because words like Energy powerhouse but we will also build a few solar and wind turbines and invest in other green sources says that Canada is saying green alternative power is good but hey we got 1 2 trillion barrles of oil right here and make most hydro power in the world and well we both are flush in coal, one of the Canada also hgas the largest Uranium deposits with the highest natural grade that can run with very little enrichment and we both have so much Natural Gas that we have a glut and need to get it to asia and europe because Natural gas prices are at a all time record low in north america.

Canada is getting ready to build some massive projects and we want a energy independant north america and lets do this sure we will have the most extensive carbon casature and co2 emission standards and even build solar and wind farm and invest in new Green tech for the future ain the meantime we build a modren road and power infastructre to handle our needs for the next 50-60 years

Old 01-04-2012, 04:19 PM

11,157 posts, read 29,398,170 times
Quote:
Hey my guy is Mike Holmes, love the guy!
the show really shows how bad some contractors screw over home owners to make a few extra bucks but it is cool that mike comes in and pays for the material and labour to do it right.

He knows his stuff and has no problem gutting a whole floor or room of a house and starting fresh to do it right.

he is not bob villa where bob goes around and talks to everyone on site and he makes me fall asleep while mike is a 8 cups of 7-11 coffee fulled lets get this done no time for chit chat type of guy.

Never knew you guys got Holmes on Holmes down there that is one of our Better shows

Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,009,819 times
No Walmart is kicking Kmart and Sears butts because they shipped jobs over to China to make their products cheaply,T.V.'s especially killed the plant in Circleville.Ohio.What's ironic is a former employee noted that they built a Superstore right next to where the old plant set talk about insult to injury.

Besides its hard to upgrade when your business is down,the government will force you to provide HC to all,they change the rules and regulations yearly,uncertainty in the tax codes.

In otherwords our government is our own worst enemy hamstring US while China is free to pollute kills our pets,sickening people with their toxic products.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:40 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,009,819 times
Quote:
And your point is what exactly. None of that impacts my life, infact i own 3 other homes, so what.
2 in the I.E. and one rental in O.C.

What does any of that have to do with those i know who lost a home or a job, who do not live in so called O.C. has you put it.

I have friends who are in all walks of life, because i do not judge them for where they live or work, once they are friends and good people.

What does any of that have to do with the people i know who lost jobs and homes starting more then a year and half ago, what exactly.

So what are you saing that these things only go on in O.C. because i know some pretty higher ups there in N.Y. and can tell you plenty of stories, but i rather not.

None of that nonesene good deflector, has anything to do with those fine hard working people who live thruout the U.S. not only in Calif who have been impacted by the loss of a job or home.

The stuff you put in, happens not only in O.C. But in S.F. and other areas in the I.E. but has nothing to do still what the people who have been on a job for over 20 years and then boom boom boom. one at a time let go. There are crooks in every State, that do bad, and a lot of good people doing the good..

Since Obama has been into office, and i have no reason in the world to lie, i say things as i see them, and from friends and family expereinces, and the things that they have been thru, such as the lost of a home or a job, or both, i have seen with my eyes happen, do not make this stuff up out of the blue, no reason too.
You do not have to like my reasoning, but none of this would impact me, if those i truly cared and love, did not go thru the lost of a job or a home or both, it does affect you. And when we were promised this Great Hope n' Change, my friends did not count on the lost of a job or a home or both.

By the way no offense, but i have very thick skin!
Jewel instead of them taking their frustrations out on you they really need to give Barney Frank and Chris Dodd [NAFTA and Fannie Mae] that attention along with the rest of Congress that are getting rich off of their law making insider trading.

Most current family are Democratic and none are voting for Obama this time around due to the fact things are worse,they want to work not more unemployment.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:49 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,978,390 times
Barack Obama will get re-elected in 2012.

If this happens then we deserve the screwing we are going to get. Obama has to go.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Jewel instead of them taking their frustrations out on you they really need to give Barney Frank and Chris Dodd [NAFTA and Fannie Mae] that attention along with the rest of Congress that are getting rich off of their law making insider trading.

Most current family are Democratic and none are voting for Obama this time around due to the fact things are worse,they want to work not more unemployment.

Thank you DDD, i knew you could understand what is really going on. I agree with you so much, take frustrations out on those who don't care about us little guys.
I too know democrats who voted for Obama the first time around, that told me this time, they would not be seen in their right mind voting for him again. And yes thank you DDD things are much worse in most of the Country. Even economists said this today on tv, do not expect 2102 to bring happiness to those who have lost homes or a job.

Last edited by california-jewel; 01-04-2012 at 06:31 PM..

Old 01-04-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
They're not closing their doors because Obama has "no business sense". They're closing doors because Sears and K-Mart has poor business sense! I mean really, I haven't been to either store in years. K-mart feels like a third world garage sale and Sears just hasn't kept up with the times. They've both tried to basically keep the same business model they've had for 40 years when new competition has trounced them.

Would you even know what good business sense was if you saw it?
And the past businesses that have shut their doors, and the 50 that many soon be close to doing the same is what! because they all do not have business sense, sorry do not buy it.

When you have a bad economy as the one we are all experiencing, business does not profit, and people are not comfortable buying.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Barack Obama will get re-elected in 2012.

If this happens then we deserve the screwing we are going to get. Obama has to go.

I agree with your opinion, which on this forum, we are all entitled to the opinion we have, others liking it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections