Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about the APBT
All 'pitbull' type dogs should be banned/euthanized. 19 21.84%
Each dog should be judged by their own behavior, not by breed. It's bad owners that make bad dogs. 65 74.71%
I'm not sure, but would like to learn more. 2 2.30%
None of the above, I will explain in my post. 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:31 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,712,494 times

Advertisements

PMB I have that list, but those are mostly large dogs. The other poster said something about the lil ones. Which I find odd. I know it will happen one day, but already WOW. PETA wants all dogs gone, all animals "liberated" good reason they disposed of them in dumpsters, morons!!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:29 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,175,635 times
Oh, don't even get me started on PETA! They must have messed up when they said People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, I think what they meant was People against the Ethical Treatment of Animals! I HATE PETA with a passion!

I have never heard of the smaller dogs being considered "dangerous" either. Like you said, if things keep going like this it's only a matter of time until the smaller dogs are being banned as well.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:34 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,910,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Oh, don't even get me started on PETA! They must have messed up when they said People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, I think what they meant was People against the Ethical Treatment of Animals! I HATE PETA with a passion!

I have never heard of the smaller dogs being considered "dangerous" either. Like you said, if things keep going like this it's only a matter of time until the smaller dogs are being banned as well.

PETA...Probably one of the most hypocritical organizations of all time.
I guarantee...many in it, and many that support it....have no problem eating a chicken salad...or a steak.
They are their own worst enemy!!...

Old 09-25-2007, 11:20 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,417,165 times
IMO, the more people become afraid of their own shadows like is happening now, its only a matter of time before a small dog becomes dangerous.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
IMO, the more people become afraid of their own shadows like is happening now, its only a matter of time before a small dog becomes dangerous.
I agree 100%! Little dogs have killed babies and severely injured people, it's not like little dogs are not a threat at all. They are still dogs and they still have teeth. If things keep up like this, it's only a matter of time until all of the medium and large breeds are gone and the "dangerous" breed lists will include breed like Pomeranians, Chihuahuas, Yorkies, Shi Tzus, etc.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,701 times
I love pitbulls in my old neighborhood people would throw rocks at mt pitbull, he never did anything to them,people would run away from him because of the bad rep people give these loving creatures. i grew up with people that loved the breed and also people that hated the breed. if people get their pitbull or anyother type of animal they should look at the background info about the dog itself and also the breed it is too. Because if the dog has parents with a bad temper then that could be pased to the pup. its not just pitbulls that attack people its just what the media tells us i do not think people should eliminate one breed of dog just because of stories in the media. because then they would start eliminating other "scary" breeds of dongs then whats left?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel530 View Post
I love pitbulls in my old neighborhood people would throw rocks at mt pitbull, he never did anything to them,people would run away from him because of the bad rep people give these loving creatures. i grew up with people that loved the breed and also people that hated the breed. if people get their pitbull or anyother type of animal they should look at the background info about the dog itself and also the breed it is too. Because if the dog has parents with a bad temper then that could be pased to the pup. its not just pitbulls that attack people its just what the media tells us i do not think people should eliminate one breed of dog just because of stories in the media. because then they would start eliminating other "scary" breeds of dongs then whats left?
I agree with you 100%! But I have to say that "pit bull" isn't just one breed. "Pit bull" is a term used to group three breeds, American Pit Bull Terriers (APBT), American Staffordshire Terriers (AmStaff) and Staffordshire Bull Terriers (Staffie). My husband and I own three APBTs and because the breed we own actually has "pit bull" in it, we will call our dogs "pit bulls" sometimes, just because it's easier to say than American Pit Bull Terriers. BUT we only call them "pit bulls" if we are talking to someone that knows that our dogs are actually APBTs and knows what "pit bulls" are.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:37 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,417,165 times
Dont forget the IStaff now PBM lol!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:30 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,194,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I agree 100%! Little dogs have killed babies and severely injured people, it's not like little dogs are not a threat at all. They are still dogs and they still have teeth. If things keep up like this, it's only a matter of time until all of the medium and large breeds are gone and the "dangerous" breed lists will include breed like Pomeranians, Chihuahuas, Yorkies, Shi Tzus, etc.
But a little dog can easily be grabbed and removed from the situation. It's much harder to diffuse a situation with a larger and heavier attacking dog. If my terrier mix (short legged half Schnauzer-Scotty) gets into it with the mailman, a child or another dog, I can just bend over, pick her up and walk or run away with her. My lab mix is about 45 pounds and still manageable for me to pull him out of the fray by myself. If I have to, I can still pick him up. I couldn't do that with a AmStaff terrier or a Norwegian Elkhound (speaking from personal experience with friends' dogs) if they were really going at it.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:56 PM

768 posts, read 2,101,415 times
My pittie is only 40 lbs. She is pure muscle, but not a big girl. She's a little big to me to be a lapbaby, but don't tell her that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs