Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about the APBT
All 'pitbull' type dogs should be banned/euthanized. 19 21.84%
Each dog should be judged by their own behavior, not by breed. It's bad owners that make bad dogs. 65 74.71%
I'm not sure, but would like to learn more. 2 2.30%
None of the above, I will explain in my post. 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:52 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,175,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
PitbullMommie, Destiny is getting so big. Even in the short time I have been in this websit forum, I have watched her grow since you first shown us pictures. Gorgeous
Aww! Thanks! She has grown sooo fast! I want my little 3.5 pound puppy back! lol! She is such a hand full now, but we love her and I agree that she is gorgeous! Thanks again!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:58 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,417,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
I am surprised to see 25% think "pit bull" type dogs should be euthanized and only 3.13% would like to learn more...hmmm, I can almost bet that a large percentage of the 25% group needs to learn more.
The need and the want are unfortunately, two different things. People who need to learn dont want to learn.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
We had two Staffs, also known as Pitts they were the sweatest dogs on earth. I am so sad that a great breed as the Staff, is now basicaly vilafied because of the "pitt Bull" stereo type. They are the same dog, just different owners and breeders that raise them wrong. I have seem more vicious poodles!!!

I agree on that i have a rednose pitt bull and he is the sweetest boy in the world i have been attacked by more little dogs with a big ego than a pitt bull. Its all how you choose to raise them, His best friends are my 2 year old son And my other dog who is 1/2 Pitt 1/2 Weiner dog.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:24 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,847,871 times
It's sad what people think about pit bulls. They are lovable and adorable. YOU'RE NOT A MINORITY.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 AM

128 posts, read 272,130 times
Dear Reader,
I used to Believe Pitt bulls were dangerous. I was Raised to continue Believing this. about 3 months ago i met a Dog named Dozer. I was scared to even look at him until my boyfriend told me to just give him a chance. i told him no and i would explain later. i told him everything i was ever told about them. and more than half wasnt true he sat down and proved it to me. he showed me a video of a dog he had when he was younger. it was adorable. the dog (sally) slept next to his crib guarding him. the dog let him lay down on him, ever roll on him. it was amazing, it was a pitt. he also had a cat and they got along great. the dog actually acted like a momma to it! when my boyfriend was 6 the naghbor posioned Sally. they said the dog bit theres. yet the other dog had not a mark on it. and there was a fence between the two. pitt bulls may be mean, but they are mean because the way you as the OWNER raised it. anyways back to the story.
so i gave Dozer a chance the dog licked me and was sooooo lovable. he was always next to me. he even got to the point were he would lay on my lap gaurding me. i felt so special. lol we have an amazing bond. my friend the owner was moving and said he had no place for him to go, exept the pound. he cried for me to take him, and i happaly did. he chased all the wild bore off my land and watches over my horses. he plays with my goats. and is the sweetest dog i have ever seen. he hasnt growled once. i love this dog tooo death and if anyone told me to my face that all pitt bulls need to die i would probably shoot them. i love my dog. my beagle is meaner than dozer.
i learned you cant judge a breed just because something tragic happens doent mean the whole breed is bad. thats like trying to pass a law that if one white person murdered someone kill all white people? or if a black person murderd some one we should kill all black people? its racest. its exactly what america is suposed to be against. i just dont get why this breed? rottys can be just as mean. officers have german shepards. they are suposed to attack on camand right???? i watched my ex boyfriend sit in a bed for a month because the officers dog got off the lesh and went straight on him with out a single command. tore meat off his thigh and back. any dog can snap. its not just dozers breed.

MY LIFE HAS CHANGED AS OF: 7-friday the 13 2007.
I LOVE MY PUPPY!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:07 AM

Thats a scary date to change your mind about anything! lol

But I sure am glad that you took to time to see the truth as opposed to the bs people say.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Thats a scary date to change your mind about anything! lol

But I sure am glad that you took to time to see the truth as opposed to the bs people say.
most deff. me too! i know its a scarry date. but now i call him my lucky 13
hes my baby.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 AM

Great! .

Old 07-16-2007, 10:25 AM

Old 08-31-2007, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,633 times
Default Buster 96

I own a staffordshire terrier, best dog I've ever had. I also own a daycare business. The kids absolutely love her, she has never even growled at them.
I think the problem stems from these people who get the dogs to prove that they are some sort of "tough guy". Obviously compensating for some sort of shortcoming (if you know what I mean). These idiots along with the media idiots know next to nothing about these animals, if they did they would not treat them like they do. The media reports news for shock value and ratings, the more shocking or gorey, the better for them, not anyone else though. So be carefull what you read or hear from the media morons, they are as stupid as these people who say "just kill them all off" if they owned one they would realize just how sweet and gentle these dogs can actually be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs