Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 07:26 AM

23 posts, read 73,872 times

Advertisements

Wasn't that called Victoria Station?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 AM

Default Bobs, a bearcat for service

Quote:
Originally Posted by park2blake View Post
Are you thinking of Victoria Station as the other big disco place? There was also a place on Pennsylvania (?) called the Carriage Inn. May D&F became Foley's and now Macy's. The Denver Dry, Neusters, McDonalds, Fashion Bar, The Stage, Montaldo's, Mr. C, House of 9, Joslin's and all gone now.
The part of Bobs sign "Howdy Folks" is at Gary Lees Grub and Pub at Cedar and Broadway

Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 AM

Default 3.2 in Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Part of the reason I had to move away from my parents' house while going to college was because Denver was just too wild in the late 80's early 90s. Every apt complex was a drug/alcohol laboratory 24/7! I kid you not. Everywhere was a party place; be it the college campus, work, home, streets!

Thank goodness Nancy came along and said, "Just say no." That sort of cleaned away the hee-haws!

Add:

Uh, wasn't no 3.2 bar when I lived there in 97-98. It be a biker bar!
The old 3.2 bar in Evergreen was the Newgate

Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 AM

Default Hungry Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Barracho View Post
Hungry Farmer was on the northwest corner of Wadsworth and Alameda - it is now an Olive Garden
That was the Talley Ho. The hungry Farmer was west of Pierce on Alameda.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:29 AM

20 posts, read 33,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Hum, I don't really remember a giant statue of Cinderella, but there was the 40 foot fountain there.
I remember the fountain. 40 feet is hard to forget.

I'm sure there was a statue, but probably not in the center court. If I knew if the ex-girlfriend was here, I could ask her.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:22 AM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times
Not being from here originally, I have limited memories of Denver 'way back when' (though the changes I've seen in the past fifteen years amaze me).

But I've two friends who are those rare native types that you hear about (). One is four years older than me, one is three years younger, and listening to them talk about what *they* remember, and *how* they remember it from two different perspectives (due to the seven-year-age difference between them) is interesting.

My neighborhood was something that they had been talking about recently. My older friend remembers when Peoria (in Aurora) was a dirt road (now it's a four-lane paved road). She remembers the Buckingham Square Mall (in Aurora) being built. She remembers there didn't used to be an Overland High School. And she remembers that where my house now stands used to be a huge empty field with some trees, and it was the party place and makeout spot for the high schoolers. (She likes to joke with me that maybe where my house stands is the same spot she lost her virginity. I'm pretty sure she's just joking about that.)

The younger friend remembers when Buckingham Square Mall used to be the place to hang out in junior high. She remembers going by where my house is now and watching them being built (1985/86). She's pretty sure she remembers a lot of work being done on Peoria, but she's no longer sure what it was for.

I moved to Colorado in 1998 and into this neighborhood in 2000, and for me, Peoria's always been a four-lane road, and the Buckingham Square Mall was torn down a few years back (my friends both came by to watch that when it happened, brought back a lot of memories for both of them), and my house was fifteen years old when I bought it. Perspective fascinates me.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:20 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
I used to live at 11th and Moline and even waaaay back then (I was in kindergarten - early 60's) Peoria was paved....

Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 AM

302 posts, read 474,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al T View Post
The old 3.2 bar in Evergreen was the Newgate
Wow, I didn't think anyone else remembered that place. The band I was in played there a few times in 1978. Actually, that's about the only place we ever played 'cuz we really sucked

Old 05-27-2013, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,576 times
This site is bringing back great memories! My sister, brother and I all worked at the Havana Inn - home of the tacobrito.
The cop on 16th street was Buster Schneider? Does that sound right?
Then of course there was the Pub, the Baby Doll, the Four Seasons and the Zanza Bar.....how about the bar on Lookout Mountain?
I remember when Cinderella City was all the rage - and the head shops in Cinder Alley.
Was it Chambers Road where you had to do the little jog over at Quincy?
How about parking on Cherry Creek Dam?
And lastly....when heading down Parker Road meant going out to the country.....

Old 05-27-2013, 01:07 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,746 times
Went to Gust school in 1970, remember the fuel lines, went to the gymnasium at Gust in 1969 to watch the moon landing on a small television viewed by a lot of people.,,,Bout all I remember from then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver