Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 06:07 AM

23 posts, read 73,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargetom View Post
I was stationed at Lowry in the mid 1970s and used to go regularly to a county music nightclub on East Colfax east of where I-225 is now. They had a house band named Cahoots and I saw several national performers including Ray Charles but, for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the club
sargetom
Are you thinking of The 4 Seasons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 AM

18,209 posts, read 25,843,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al T View Post
Are you thinking of The 4 Seasons?
I was thinking the same thing. Also the Zanzibar.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:59 PM

7 posts, read 51,757 times
[quote=Colo65;29455225]Discovered this forum while researching Tulagi to get a few facts straight. Having grown up in Denver and attending C U 61-65 I jumped around the posts and had many memories stirred up. Didn't read everything but didn't some Boulder classics called out.....the Sink (original)....Timber Tavern (TT)....the Wagon Wheel.....the Honey Bucket.....Flagstaff day or night....the Lamp Post....the Italian place in Louisville with the sauce in pitchers at each table.....the Gondolier......Baseline Road. And in Estes Park the Rock, JaxSnax, and the Black Horse (or was it the Dark Horse). In Denver a bunch about Elitch Gardens but nothing about Lakeside that had better rides.....saw nothing about the Exodus--saw great acts there before they were big like Judy Collins and the Smothers Brothers to name two.....the Victory Theater....the Rossonian Bar in Five Points....Friday afternoon at the Coors tasting room.

Where are you from? I'm from the same era - Boulder 61 - 65. I had forgotten about TT (Timber Tavern). Wasn't it out on 44th? Everything else I remember very well. Went up to Estes Park a few years ago and The Rock is still there. The Dark House was where my parents met in the early 40's. I remember seeing the Smothers Brothers at the Denver Auditorium Theater on 14th and Curtis. I think there were two Italian restaurants in Louisville: The Blue Parrot and Patsy's. There was another really popular Italian in north Denver called Paliachi's or Pagliachi's.

Last edited by park2blake; 06-10-2013 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Duplicate quotes - erased one

Old 06-10-2013, 03:09 PM

7 posts, read 51,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al T View Post
How about the Apple Tree Shanty, The Store, Mozarts (just south of Colfax on Krameria), the Zanzabar, the Huddle Inn,Saturdays, Shakeys ?
Oh My Gosh! I've been trying to think of the name of that place: THE STORE! Thank you! I remember Saturdays, but it was Friday's and Saturday's -- two different places in one big building. One was a (I think) a disco/dance area and Friday's was entertainment. On west Hampden there was a place called Turn of the Century where they had big entertainment, i.e., The Kingston Trio, etc. I wonder if anyone remembers the Builder's Showcase on West 6th Avenue.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:06 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,968 times
[quote=park2blake;29959945]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo65 View Post
Discovered this forum while researching Tulagi to get a few facts straight. Having grown up in Denver and attending C U 61-65 I jumped around the posts and had many memories stirred up. Didn't read everything but didn't some Boulder classics called out.....the Sink (original)....Timber Tavern (TT)....the Wagon Wheel.....the Honey Bucket.....Flagstaff day or night....the Lamp Post....the Italian place in Louisville with the sauce in pitchers at each table.....the Gondolier......Baseline Road. And in Estes Park the Rock, JaxSnax, and the Black Horse (or was it the Dark Horse). In Denver a bunch about Elitch Gardens but nothing about Lakeside that had better rides.....saw nothing about the Exodus--saw great acts there before they were big like Judy Collins and the Smothers Brothers to name two.....the Victory Theater....the Rossonian Bar in Five Points....Friday afternoon at the Coors tasting room.

Where are you from? I'm from the same era - Boulder 61 - 65. I had forgotten about TT (Timber Tavern). Wasn't it out on 44th? Everything else I remember very well. Went up to Estes Park a few years ago and The Rock is still there. The Dark House was where my parents met in the early 40's. I remember seeing the Smothers Brothers at the Denver Auditorium Theater on 14th and Curtis. I think there were two Italian restaurants in Louisville: The Blue Parrot and Patsy's. There was another really popular Italian in north Denver called Paliachi's or Pagliachi's.
In the early 70's the Timber Tavern was just west of Folsom on Arapahoe.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:10 AM

20 posts, read 86,101 times
Quote:

There was another really popular Italian in north Denver called Paliachi's or Pagliachi's.
Unfortunately...Pagliacci's closed last August.

Pagliacci's, Denver's oldest single-family-owned Italian restaurant, will close on August 19 - Denver - Restaurants and Dining - Cafe Society

Pagliacci's Italian Restaurant Denver, 80211 - Reviews at Voice Places

Old 06-17-2013, 08:17 AM

20 posts, read 86,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by park2blake View Post

On west Hampden there was a place called Turn of the Century where they had big entertainment, i.e., The Kingston Trio, etc.
East Hampden, actually. In Tiffany Plaza, Turn of the Century shared a parking lot with Knicks and Proof of the Pudding.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 AM

5 posts, read 17,595 times
Quote:
Discovered this forum while researching Tulagi to get a few facts straight. Having grown up in Denver and attending C U 61-65 I jumped around the posts and had many memories stirred up. Didn't read everything but didn't some Boulder classics called out.....the Sink (original)....Timber Tavern (TT)....the Wagon Wheel.....the Honey Bucket.....Flagstaff day or night....the Lamp Post....the Italian place in Louisville with the sauce in pitchers at each table.....the Gondolier......Baseline Road. And in Estes Park the Rock, JaxSnax, and the Black Horse (or was it the Dark Horse). In Denver a bunch about Elitch Gardens but nothing about Lakeside that had better rides.....saw nothing about the Exodus--saw great acts there before they were big like Judy Collins and the Smothers Brothers to name two.....the Victory Theater....the Rossonian Bar in Five Points....Friday afternoon at the Coors tasting room.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,309 times
Does anybody from the southern area of Denver remember a place called The South Door? In the old GEM parking lot across from the AMF and Dairy Queen on South Broadway? A great band called "KYTE" used to play there...loved those guys and still have a button!

Old 06-23-2013, 09:12 AM

18,209 posts, read 25,843,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalongz View Post
Does anybody from the southern area of Denver remember a place called The South Door? In the old GEM parking lot across from the AMF and Dairy Queen on South Broadway? A great band called "KYTE" used to play there...loved those guys and still have a button!

I do! I was only in there twice, during it's time in the Englewood/Littleton area (kinda splits the two cities) I worked some out of town jobs so my friends got in there a lot more than I got to! There weren't very many clubs in that part of the Denver metro area so it did fill a void.

Am very familiar with that area, lived in the Littleton area for a couple decades before relocating to the western slope. That AMF you're talking about was Broadway Bowl. I bowled in a couple of leagues there. It's been renamed, not sure what it's now called.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver