Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 12:35 AM

5 posts, read 17,618 times

Advertisements

Discovered this forum while researching Tulagi to get a few facts straight. Having grown up in Denver and attending C U 61-65 I jumped around the posts and had many memories stirred up. Didn't read everything but didn't some Boulder classics called out.....the Sink (original)....Timber Tavern (TT)....the Wagon Wheel.....the Honey Bucket.....Flagstaff day or night....the Lamp Post....the Italian place in Louisville with the sauce in pitchers at each table.....the Gondolier......Baseline Road. And in Estes Park the Rock, JaxSnax, and the Black Horse (or was it the Dark Horse). In Denver a bunch about Elitch Gardens but nothing about Lakeside that had better rides.....saw nothing about the Exodus--saw great acts there before they were big like Judy Collins and the Smothers Brothers to name two.....the Victory Theater....the Rossonian Bar in Five Points....Friday afternoon at the Coors tasting room.

Think thatvis enough for now...does any of this strike home with others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 07:15 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo65 View Post
the Italian place in Louisville with the sauce in pitchers at each table.....the Gondolier......Baseline Road. And in Estes Park the Rock, JaxSnax, and the Black Horse (or was it the Dark Horse). In Denver a bunch about Elitch Gardens but nothing about Lakeside that had better rides.
Was that the "Blue Parrot,"? There are a couple of spaghetti places in Louisville...(hope they are still there) yum, homemade noodles and great breakfasts, Italian sausage, the works.

Loved Lakeside, as a kid. The "fun house", swimming and they had midget car races at Lakeside, right? Remember the picnics.

Elitchs was so beautiful (flowers and gardens) and the Dance pavilion, is it still there? The "old," Elitchs is a housing community. Have not been to the "new," Elitchs, off of I-25.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:16 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo65 View Post
Discovered this forum while researching Tulagi to get a few facts straight. Having grown up in Denver and attending C U 61-65 I jumped around the posts and had many memories stirred up. Didn't read everything but didn't some Boulder classics called out.....the Sink (original)....Timber Tavern (TT)....the Wagon Wheel.....the Honey Bucket.....Flagstaff day or night....the Lamp Post....the Italian place in Louisville with the sauce in pitchers at each table.....the Gondolier......Baseline Road. And in Estes Park the Rock, JaxSnax, and the Black Horse (or was it the Dark Horse). In Denver a bunch about Elitch Gardens but nothing about Lakeside that had better rides.....saw nothing about the Exodus--saw great acts there before they were big like Judy Collins and the Smothers Brothers to name two.....the Victory Theater....the Rossonian Bar in Five Points....Friday afternoon at the Coors tasting room.

Think thatvis enough for now...does any of this strike home with others?
I think that's the Blue Parrot and our family went there every Sunday....

Old 05-07-2013, 05:42 PM

58 posts, read 309,270 times
"And in Estes Park the Rock, JaxSnax, and the Black Horse (or was it the Dark Horse)."

The Dark Horse I know is still off Baseline in Boulder but according to their website they opened in 1975...

Old 05-08-2013, 06:42 AM

23 posts, read 73,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by park2blake View Post
I remember La Pichet (aka The Pitcher), but I remember it being on West Alameda. Also on West Alameda was The Galaxy.
The La pichet was on Mississippi, across from the Athmar. Were you ther when the Iron horseman hung out there?

Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 AM

I still listen to the starlight ramblers, I've got them on my itunes

Old 05-08-2013, 06:52 AM

How about the Apple Tree Shanty, The Store, Mozarts (just south of Colfax on Krameria), the Zanzabar, the Huddle Inn,Saturdays, Shakeys ?

Old 05-08-2013, 06:56 AM

Default Harveys

Anyone remember Harveys Drive In on Colfax and Quebec, there was a Rockybuilt just south on Quebec also.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 AM

I remember that, I still can't believe they took it down when the hiway was paid for. Remember the stray dog that hung around there, he's burried there.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:07 AM

I forgot The Yucca on Colfax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver