Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,884 times

Advertisements

In the 70's there was an ice cream parlor on Colorado Blvd. and Alameda similar to Farrell's in Cinderella City, but I think it had a different name. Anybody remember it? I think it eventually became The Harvest restaurant, which has since been torn down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 AM

6 posts, read 18,373 times
Try MARKUS or MARCUS motors. The elder SAM ( I think) bought and opened Los Verdes Golf Course near Parker and Yosemite after he retired from the dealership It was a members and guests only private course.I worked as a grounds Maintenance guy then a supervisor for 2 or 3 years back in the early / mid 1970's. His sons Bill and ? and a grandson worked as BILL> golf shop/restaurant/ business mgr and the other son as course operations mgr. I BELIEVE it was a Chrysler/Dodge/ Plymouth dealership

Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 PM

3 posts, read 8,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Does anyone remember a car dealership on South Broadway, not far from the University of Denver, that only sold muscle and classic cars....a small place but they had a bunch of cars anytime you went by there....Had a glass showroom..Looked like it was on old gas station...
Yes it was called Richard's Performance Center and I worked there as the business manager from 1977-1979 and then later moved to south Broadway but is not in business anymore.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM

Default hopeless romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshark View Post
And furthermore...anyone know what became of Freddi Henchi? Danced my arse off to that band in the late 70's mostly at Pandora's Box.
Freddi is stil alive but Henchi passed away recently

Old 03-31-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdun View Post
Buster Snyder and what a jerk. Gave anyone and everyone a ticket for just jaywalking or spitting on the sidewalk.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:03 PM

6 posts, read 18,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in1ear View Post
Try MARKUS or MARCUS motors. The elder SAM ( I think) bought and opened Los Verdes Golf Course near Parker and Yosemite after he retired from the dealership It was a members and guests only private course.I worked as a grounds Maintenance guy then a supervisor for 2 or 3 years back in the early / mid 1970's. His sons Bill and ? and a grandson worked as BILL> golf shop/restaurant/ business mgr and the other son as course operations mgr. I BELIEVE it was a Chrysler/Dodge/ Plymouth dealership
the other man mentioned as "?" was DON MARCUS can't recall the kid's name.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:51 PM

302 posts, read 474,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshark View Post
Let's see...I went to Sun Day #1 and #2 in 1977 at least. Here's a link to a nice site with more details...

Colorado Sun Day Concerts History
I remember a couple of others that weren't on the list. Had to be between '74-'77:

Beach Boys, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Steve Miller Band, Peter Frampton

I remember Tommy Bolin playing at one of these, and there were other bands with them that I can't recall. I just remember I was madly in love with Peter Frampton and when he finally came on the stage I just stood there and cried....

Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 PM

58 posts, read 309,139 times
Also, there was the Chicago/Beach Boys concert at Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins on July 6, 1975 followed by the Rolling Stones at Hughes on July 20th...

Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 PM

Just back from a trip to Denver area to see my son and I stopped by the Denver Public Library at 14th & Broadway...on the 5th floor one can indeed ask for and look through Denver Yellow Pages. I was a little short of time but did take a quick look through the 1973 book and copied 9 different pages of nightclubs and restaurants. Looked like the library has quite a collection between the actual books themselves and microfilm.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:06 PM

We also went up to Red Rocks and in their visitors center is a nice room with all the dates of every concert ever played there plus some nice pictures and posters...brought back a lot of memories. Wish I had attended more of those concerts back then...what a great venue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver