Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 11:52 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,976,875 times

Advertisements

I see we have some gloating from the Boston fans coming our way. I guess they have the right to gloat, given the outstanding play of their team last night. But, one game does not a series make.

Tonight's game is crucial for the Rockies. Jimenez is a great pitcher, so if he can get going against the Sox, this game could certainly swing the Rox' way. No way our guys can keep up with Boston if it's going to be a double-digit score-fest, so solid pitching is the key for us. Last night we didn't have it, but today is a new day.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
The Rocks beat up on the Diamondbacks with a line-up consisting of Eric Byrnes, Conor Jackson, and Mark Reynolds batting 3-4-5. None would've cracked the Red Sox line-up. Sorry Rocks fans but it is going to be a short series. I'll be willing to buy your game 4 tickets when it's 3-0...

Jimenez had a good season but he's a rookie playing in his 1st WS game against the best line-up in baseball. Oh, and on the other side is one of the best play-off pitchers of all time (10-2, 2.25 ERA).

Charles, whoever wins game 2 wins the series? I think I heard some Indians fans professing that as well!

And it is never to early to talk smack!!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:35 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,289,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
I see we have some gloating from the Boston fans coming our way. I guess they have the right to gloat, given the outstanding play of their team last night. But, one game does not a series make.

Tonight's game is crucial for the Rockies. Jimenez is a great pitcher, so if he can get going against the Sox, this game could certainly swing the Rox' way. No way our guys can keep up with Boston if it's going to be a double-digit score-fest, so solid pitching is the key for us. Last night we didn't have it, but today is a new day.
not to take away from the red sox - they're solid for sure - but was it great play on their part, or anomalously sloppy play by the rockies? a bit of both? from what i could tell for the first few innings i watched, the rockies were practically tripping over themselves with attempted barehanded grabs/wiffs etc.. i mean, the team that swept the sox, yanks, mets, diamond backs, phillies, etc. and won 21 of their last 22 games before this series and the team last night LOOKED like very different teams.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmoney View Post
FYI-it was 2 of 3 games at Fenway last June. no sweep. They DID however win against Beckett.
you're right. i must have been too caught up in the fact they they won against beckett 12-2 and 7-1 (!!), and barely lost the first game 1-2. maybe with a little bit of a read and settling into the series is all it takes?

just having fun with the slinging here while fighting the bigger battles re global warming and ill conceived suburban sprawl on other threads. anybody's series at this point.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:44 PM

456 posts, read 1,576,972 times
I'm trying to think positively here, I WANT the Rockies to win. Such a great amazing baseball story. But-they are playing against the Red Sox. I don't think they stand a chance.

I'm hoping to take these words back next week though

Old 10-25-2007, 12:46 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
Sloppy play by the Rockies?? They actually made some nice plays early in the game. When you start by saying "not to take away from the Red Sox," that is exactly what you are doing. Let the excuses start flowing...

The Rockies were out-played in every facet of the game.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmoney View Post
I'm trying to think positively here, I WANT the Rockies to win. Such a great amazing baseball story. But-they are playing against the Red Sox. I don't think they stand a chance.

I'm hoping to take these words back next week though
katmoney. the rocks might as well have SWEPT the sox in june (and they CRUSHED them in 2 of 3 games), and they've cleaned the clocks of teams nearly as strong since. just wait and see...

lol

Old 10-25-2007, 12:48 PM

This did not look like the same team we've been seeing. So many errors and small mistakes.
I hope they get their act together. Tonight's a very important game for them.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
katmoney. the rocks might as well have SWEPT the sox in june (and they CRUSHED them in 2 of 3 games), and they've cleaned the clocks of teams nearly as strong since. just wait and see...

lol

I am keeping my hopes up!

In all honesty my baseball season "ended" when my white sox had their dismal season this year. However-I've adopted the Rockies as my second favorite MLB team!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Sloppy play by the Rockies?? They actually made some nice plays early in the game. When you start by saying "not to take away from the Red Sox," that is exactly what you are doing. Let the excuses start flowing...

The Rockies were out-played in every facet of the game.
no excuses. they were clearly outplayed in every facet. were they when they darn near SWEPT the sox last time and CRUSHED them in 2 of 3? just calling it as it was. they made some strong plays, and they made some blunders, while usually anymore the strong plays are all you see. let's just see what the sox got in the next few...

!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver