Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM

49 posts, read 223,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I'd rather get blown out than lose a close game.

The team that wins game 2 wins the series.
I agree and the though I am a huge Red Sox fan I also admire and have aton of respect for the Rockies especially Helton/Holiday and what they all have accomplished in the last month. This series is FAR from over any jackass Boston fans that think otherwise are sadly mistaken I fear. I can still see this series goin to AT LEAST game 6 with the Rockies taking 2 out 3 in Denver if Boston is lucky. After Schilling tomorrow we don't have anyone that can be counted on past 4-5 innings except for Beckett again in game 5. If this goes 7 we are screwed unless Beckett can pitch on 3 days rest. I sure he can but how effective I don't know. And I agree, the key game often is game 2though, not always (see last series Sox vs Indians). Anyways, since I will be moving out to the Evergreen area next year with the family we are already getting ready to root for the ROX at least until the World Series if the Sox ever get in it again against the Rockies. Anyways, keep the faith Rockies fans and good luck.

Dan G.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:29 PM

18,116 posts, read 27,632,476 times
That was a rough game to watch, but I watched it.

Hopefully the Rockies can go back to getting some hits and not getting behind so early. I'd like to see some competitive games.

It's only one game and tomorrow is another day.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 AM

676 posts, read 2,805,002 times
True hopefully they somehow warmed up and we see them play like they did over the past few weeks. Tonight will be interesting for sure

Old 10-25-2007, 09:02 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,296,688 times
the rockies swept the red sox AT fenway earlier in the season. then swept the yanks. then swept the mets. then did what they did in sept and oct.

do you think they might have just been a bit nervous on the big stage with the bit expectations after sept and Rocktober, and a lot rusty after the 8 days off?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:11 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,461,060 times
I know,I know-it was only one game and there are more to come.
Having said that I was fortunate to have witnessed the Rockies inaugural season in '93. I worked at DIA and knew a gentleman who had season passes.
Watching games at Mile High Stadium-what a treat and what a season!!!
Players like Girardi,Galarraga,(I believe they called him "Big Cat"),Bichette,Reynosa and the rest of the team.
I'll never forget being there during night games and of course the lighting was for football and how that made it difficult to pick up fly balls!
Of course I rooted for the Rockies-It was a magical time and Denver fans are a great bunch to sit and watch a game with.
I so much wanted to see Colorado win the National League Title and was much afraid that Cleveland was going to smoke my Red Sox.
Now we are engaged in the greatest test of skill and management in the greatest sport in the world!!!
How sweet it is!!!
Good luck to your team and may the best win!!

Last edited by 7th generation; 10-25-2007 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: P.S FYI-I'm from Maine:)

Old 10-25-2007, 09:45 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,241,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I'm rooting for the Rockies because I want to move to Colorado, the Angels are out of it, and BOSTON SUCKS!
And Boston sucks why? 1-13??

Old 10-25-2007, 10:50 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,296,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
And Boston sucks why? 1-13??
it's a little early for the smack, isn't it? i mean, let's not forget what that sweep in june - AT boston - (not to mention the last 2 months of epic play) might suggest in terms of what the rockies are capable of against the sox if they can just get back in that mode.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:25 AM

456 posts, read 1,581,466 times
FYI-it was 2 of 3 games at Fenway last June. no sweep. They DID however win against Beckett.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:28 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,241,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
it's a little early for the smack, isn't it? i mean, let's not forget what that sweep in june - AT boston - (not to mention the last 2 months of epic play) might suggest in terms of what the rockies are capable of against the sox if they can just get back in that mode.
Here, here, I totally agree with you.
I was on the Los Angeles site saying good-bye since we will be moving to Boston soon which someone from Colorado decided to use as an opportunity to make fun of Bosontians and cheer the Rockies. Go figure.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 AM

45 posts, read 78,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katmoney View Post
FYI-it was 2 of 3 games at Fenway last June. no sweep. They DID however win against Beckett.
Finally someone who knows the truth here..........NOT a sweep in June! I am a HUGE SOX FAN but even I know it is too early to tell, BUT, IF last night was a clue I'd say THIS may be a sweep!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver