Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:26 AM

45 posts, read 78,003 times

Advertisements

I think it is all in fun. You are lucky to have tickets. Enjoy the game.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:27 AM

18,039 posts, read 27,494,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
that doesn't help the fact that dolphins are getting caught in fishing nets as i type.
I personally believe US Americans are unable to be so because...

It should help the Iraq, and such as like.

Aren't the Dolphins 0-7? London's calling to the far away town, now war is declared...

Old 10-26-2007, 12:42 PM

275 posts, read 1,472,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin'Pawleys View Post
I think it is all in fun. You are lucky to have tickets. Enjoy the game.
Yeah, I agree, it's fine to talk a little smack now and then and goad fans of another team/city. But, also let's keep this in perspective, not only for the global issues that we are confronted with, but also the personal challenges that many people face. There is a great article in the Boston Globe regarding Clint Hurdle and his daughter & family:

Boston Red Sox - Daughter's illness gives Rockies' Hurdle perspective - The Boston Globe

I hope the Rockies come back and win the series, but if not, Boston is a great city and has very knowledgable, loyal fans that really follow the game.

Also, just as a side note, making too much of the greatness of the players is a risky thing (not that anyone is doing that on here). They are human just like everyone else and if you scratch the surface a little bit, often times you will find out things you don't like. Enjoy the World Series for what it is, a great civic unifier in a fragmented society; a beautiful, complex game with great athletes playing it. But, great athletes do not necessarily make great people no matter what team they are on.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:16 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,290,544 times
Quote:
Oh by lopsided, you must mean like 13 to what was it ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad the rockies have a fan like you out there, they will need that type dedication to get through this series. I guess at this rate the SOX will have swept the Rockies after the next game (win OR lose) since you seem to be under the impression that a sweep means the best 2 out of three. Let's just call it quits right now then and name the SOX the winner!

You keep your chin up though, maybe they will win at least one and you can really rub that in. LOL

Can you see well with your head there????????? Just wondering....you seem to be a little disillusioned, that is the only thing you are "spelling out loud and clear".
PLEASE. you just sit back and enjoy the next four games for the real show. disillusioned? play with that one a bit... illusionsdied the illusion that the red sox are dominating that's cast it's spell on you, my friend, will die. lol

Old 10-26-2007, 01:17 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,430,560 times
This thread got nasty-by two Red Sox fans-go figure!! I don't care who wins. The Rockies showed their Moxie last night and it aint over till the fat lady (or man) sings. [didn't want to be gender specific there!!] Life is good and baseball is the greatest sport on earth!!!!
I'm about to throw a couple posters outta' the game!
May the best team win and I shall be sad when the season ends!!
God Bless All!!

Old 10-26-2007, 01:19 PM

Having fun and supporting your team is good for the soul. One of the reason why I have been a Red Sox fan for so long and am so passionate about the team is all the good the organization does for many charities. They have an outstanding record for doing good within the community and contributing to charity. I have attending many of these events for children with dissabilities. I can't think of a bad thing to say about the players or the club as a whole. It is not a team that you read about in the tabliods or on the news for bad behavior. I hope it remains that way. I am tired of watching these thugs that children are looking up to in the sports world on the news for drug use and weapon charges.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
This thread got nasty-by two Red Sox fans-go figure!! I don't care who wins. The Rockies showed their Moxie last night and it aint over till the fat lady (or man) sings. [didn't want to be gender specific there!!] Life is good and baseball is the greatest sport on earth!!!!
I'm about to throw a couple posters outta' the game!
May the best team win and I shall be sad when the season ends!!
God Bless All!!

It got nasty a few pages back actually by a Rocks fan and a Red Sox fan (not me there)....check it out........post 217. That seems to be the point where this went down hill....all in good fun I think.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
PLEASE. you just sit back and enjoy the next four games for the real show. disillusioned? play with that one a bit... illusionsdied the illusion that the red sox are dominating that's cast it's spell on you, my friend, will die. lol

I will watch........and for my sake, I hope they don't blow it because I doubt you would ever let me live that down on here! ALL IN GOOD FUN Good Luck.........we may both go through "Baseball Withdrawl" tonight with no game on. LOL

Old 10-26-2007, 02:16 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,290,544 times
Quote:
I will watch........and for my sake, I hope they don't blow it because I doubt you would ever let me live that down on here! ALL IN GOOD FUN Good Luck.........we may both go through "Baseball Withdrawl" tonight with no game on. LOL
i'm thinking some people on here are not seeing that these posts are totally in good fun and jest. maybe there needs to be a "tongue in cheek" icon...

Old 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM

275 posts, read 1,472,130 times
Quote:
i'm thinking some people on here are not seeing that these posts are totally in good fun and jest. maybe there needs to be a "tongue in cheek" icon...
I am disillusioned by your allusion that the illustration that LovinPawleys provided that alludes to your unfortunate delusion that the Red Sox being ahead 2-0 is just an illusion.

Oh wait, reverse that... I'm on your side. My bad.

Go Rockies!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver