Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 07:00 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,431,049 times

Advertisements

There is nothing to be ashamed of Rockies' fans. You proved that being the underdog in any situation doesn't mean you can't win.
You had a great run and we shall see you next year.
Chris

Old 10-29-2007, 08:16 AM

1,038 posts, read 4,000,610 times
I usually post on my home-state thread but wanted to stop by to congratulate the Rockies and their fans on a great season. Wow! You are definitely "on the radar" now and with a very young and now experienced team, as well. It's always fun to watch the upstart underdog do well.
I'm sure we'll be seeing you next year! Great job.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:01 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,290,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Must have been those eight days off.
kidding or not, likely part of it. and maybe some of the inexperience in the bright lights. you have to admit, though, the rockies have a ton of talent - you don't do what they did this season without talent, though experience can count for a lot on the big stage when playing against talent AND experience (with momentum after winning 3 straight rather than that 8 day layoff). the loss in this series is a gain overall for the team and their fan base. the sox are a big team for these things, lately, and played well. congrats!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 AM

275 posts, read 1,472,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
...the loss in this series is a gain overall for the team and their fan base. the sox are a big team for these things, lately, and played well. congrats!
Dude, what are you saying... i'm just getting back home from the all-night celebration in LoDo. The Rockies crushed the Sox in 4 just like you said. Pawleys must have you all screwed up in the head -- maybe thinking Hawpe struck out 8 times, instead of hitting those 8 home runs, Fuentes giving up big home runs right after the Rockies had gotten back into games, etc. --delusional illusions all. Get on down to the stadium -- the party is still goin' on!!!!!!!

What??? Oh sorry about that. Anyway, congratulations to the Sox and RSN. And to the city of Boston -- what a time. Sox win the world series, Patriots blowing through everyone, BC -- #2 right now ithink, and the Celtics are going to have a real shot at the NBA title. Congrats to Boston!!!

See everyone opening day at Coors Field next year.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:36 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,816,470 times
In 2007

Were the Rockies a World Series caliber team with an average first 6/7ths of the season,

Or

Were they a .500 team who got hot at the end and (with the help of an eight day layoff) reverted to their .500 playing level for the World Series?

Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 AM

385 posts, read 1,576,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodcathy View Post
I usually post on my home-state thread but wanted to stop by to congratulate the Rockies and their fans on a great season. Wow! You are definitely "on the radar" now and with a very young and now experienced team, as well. It's always fun to watch the upstart underdog do well.
I'm sure we'll be seeing you next year! Great job.
Thanks for the nice well wishes!
I look forward to next years season!!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:08 AM

127 posts, read 434,336 times
Valiant efffort Rockies - you have definitely made others aware of the young talent that will be around for some time in the national league.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
In 2007

Were the Rockies a World Series caliber team with an average first 6/7ths of the season,

Or

Were they a .500 team who got hot at the end and (with the help of an eight day layoff) reverted to their .500 playing level for the World Series?
they did most of what they could do wrong in the world series and looked very much like neophytes out there, i'll admit. but a "hot streak" might be 10 games. they were interestingly very strong each time they faced another very strong team (including the red sox and the yanks - outside of the NL) throughout the season, and were practically unbeatable for 2 full months leading up to the world series. tough to call that a fluke or a simple "hot streak". it looked a lot like deer in the headlights several times during (throughout?) the world series with whiffs, bad decisions, a couple unbelievable fielding errors that looked like nothing but emotion irregulation, shakey pitching (from an otherwise pretty strong bullpen, right?), unfortunately. but, the sox also played well, have a seasoned and high rolling team, and so with that comes a bit of what we just saw? that's what it would seem to a renewed fan like me! at least the rocks now have some of those renewed fans, a young team that just got a taste of what it can be like to be excellent...and then to be under the spotlight in the big game. let's see what that does for next season. it was fun - thanks rocks!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:37 PM

45 posts, read 78,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyLL View Post
Dude, what are you saying... i'm just getting back home from the all-night celebration in LoDo. The Rockies crushed the Sox in 4 just like you said. Pawleys must have you all screwed up in the head -- maybe thinking Hawpe struck out 8 times, instead of hitting those 8 home runs, Fuentes giving up big home runs right after the Rockies had gotten back into games, etc. --delusional illusions all. Get on down to the stadium -- the party is still goin' on!!!!!!!

What??? Oh sorry about that. Anyway, congratulations to the Sox and RSN. And to the city of Boston -- what a time. Sox win the world series, Patriots blowing through everyone, BC -- #2 right now ithink, and the Celtics are going to have a real shot at the NBA title. Congrats to Boston!!!

See everyone opening day at Coors Field next year.

Did this guy watch the same game I did??????????????LOL

Old 10-29-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin'Pawleys View Post
Did this guy watch the same game I did??????????????LOL
seems clear he was kidding. but then, i guess you got that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver