Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 07:55 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,950,969 times

Advertisements

Bring your broom to the game tomorrow.....'cause Rockies are going to SWEEP the Phillies!!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:42 AM

18,061 posts, read 27,513,871 times
Ummm. I hope the Rockies win tomorrow and can match their next possible foe that would be the Diamondbacks if they sweep.

But we don't need no brooms out there. We bring a bunch of brooms out there and the next thing you know, the Rockies get shelled and the Phillies are sitting at 1-2. Then we drop the game Sunday. Then we have to go back to Philadelphia at 2-2. Then the Phillies take that game and the Rockies go down as the chokers of the league, invoke a Curse of the Straw, and totally disrespect the Baseball Gods.

Don't mess with fate. Just go out there and hope they can win their next game. It's WAY too early to get a big head. I hope they don't do that.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:53 PM

385 posts, read 1,576,847 times
Okay Rockies Fans...todays the big day!!! W00-H00!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 10:53 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,845,526 times
OK, Let's go.

It's over.

Sweep.

Seventeen of their last 18.

These guys are incredible.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:38 PM

271 posts, read 1,381,764 times
I have to say, as someone that doesn't like baseball, it's pretty awesome how far this team has come. When I went to the season opener a few months ago, nobody gave a second thought to them. Now they're one series away from the world series. Congrats!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
OK, Let's go.

It's over.

Sweep.

Seventeen of their last 18.

These guys are incredible.
Hi Charles,
The Rockies next game is in Arizona - will they have to play 3 games against Arizona?
I'm not sure of the steps taken to reach the World Series.
Thanks for any information.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:35 AM

<snip> DENVER -- There is another reason to root for the Colorado Rockies. The more they win, the more they share with a minor league coach who died this summer.

The Colorado Rockies have voted to give a full playoff share to the widow of minor league coach Mike Coolbaugh. He was killed by a line drive this season while coaching first base.

Some of the veteran players decided to award a full share to Amanda Coolbaugh. Their two sons, 5-year-old Joseph and 3-year-old Jacob, will throw out the first pitch in Game 3 at Coors Field on Saturday. <snip>

This is the most touching gesture.
The Rockies are truly wonderful.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:43 AM

127 posts, read 434,430 times
Congratulations Rockies. It should be a great series against Arizona. Of course I have to pull for my hometown D-Backs but it is so awesome to see two teams with young talent silencing all the baseball experts and critics.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:02 AM

355 posts, read 1,405,478 times
rockies redsox world series

Old 10-07-2007, 10:17 AM

275 posts, read 1,472,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
The Colorado Rockies have voted to give a full playoff share to the widow of minor league coach Mike Coolbaugh. He was killed by a line drive this season while coaching first base.

Some of the veteran players decided to award a full share to Amanda Coolbaugh. Their two sons, 5-year-old Joseph and 3-year-old Jacob, will throw out the first pitch in Game 3 at Coors Field on Saturday. <snip>
Just want to throw this in as well... this is from another group i belong to for parents of children with disabilities. A parent put this on that group's listserve in mid-September:

Quote:
So my sister was visiting from NY and she suggested we see a Rockies game
this past Friday night (Sept. 14). My husband was working so it would just be my sister,
myself and my son Robert. I was a little reluctant for one my son is only 14
months old and second he uses a Kid Cart because he cannot sit up by himself
yet. He usually gets uncomfortable if you hold him for too long. So I called
the 1800 # and I spoke to a guy named Matthew and I cannot say enough about how
wonderful he was. I told him Robert had special needs and I would like him
to watch the game from his Kid Cart. Those of you who know what a Kid Cart is,
know that kids see a whole new world from it at there level. Anyway he got
us the best seats in the house and they comp 'd Robert's ticket. We sat right
behind home plate. We could see everything. Robert loved it he laughed,
smiled and stayed awake for the whole game. The man Herb that showed us to our
seats was so caring he even got Robert a baseball that they played with in that
game. Everyone was beyond wonderful to us. The Disabled parking lot was huge
and very close to the stadium. It was so great to see my son so happy. They
truly are a caring organization. They have Rockies fans for life. I told my
husband since Robert likes baseball so much we have to get season tickets. I
write letters to organizations when I am unhappy with them so I am definitely
sending a letter to the Rockies telling them how happy I am. I am sure
everyone has a great story like this.
My family and I also went to the Rockies game on Sept. 29... the night they beat Arizona 11 - 1. We all had a great time... Coors Field is a very nice facility and is easily accesible via the light-rail stop at Union Station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver