Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2007, 12:11 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyLL View Post
Just want to throw this in as well... this is from another group i belong to for parents of children with disabilities. A parent put this on that group's listserve in mid-September: "So my sister was visiting from NY and she suggested we see a Rockies game..." snip... My family and I also went to the Rockies game on Sept. 29, the night they beat Arizona 11-1. We all had a great time... Coors Field is a very nice facility and is easily accesible via the light-rail stop at Union Station.
Moby, we were at that 11-1 game too, and we were at last night's game 3 sweep of the Phillies. WOW, what a ride this has been! We got to LODO about 4:30 PM and man, that place was rockin! The Rockies organization is simply the best, we always have a great time and their attendants are forever helpful & friendly hosts, exhibiting the kindness we find is normal here in Colorado. I guess I'll be one of millions now trying to get more tix.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:12 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
Hi Charles,
The Rockies next game is in Arizona - will they have to play 3 games against Arizona?
I'm not sure of the steps taken to reach the World Series.
Thanks for any information.
Series begins Thursday
Game Matchup Day Date Time ET TV
Gm 1 COL @ ARI Thu Oct. 11 TBD TBS
Gm 2 COL @ ARI Fri Oct. 12 TBD TBS
Gm 3 ARI @ COL Sun Oct. 14 TBD TBS
Gm 4 ARI @ COL Mon Oct. 15 TBD TBS
Gm 5* ARI @ COL Wed Oct. 17 TBD TBS
Gm 6* COL @ ARI Fri Oct. 19 TBD TBS
Gm 7* COL @ ARI Sat Oct. 20 TBD TBS

Old 10-07-2007, 05:23 PM

385 posts, read 1,575,477 times
Thank you!

Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 AM

638 posts, read 2,280,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
<snip> DENVER -- There is another reason to root for the Colorado Rockies. The more they win, the more they share with a minor league coach who died this summer.

The Colorado Rockies have voted to give a full playoff share to the widow of minor league coach Mike Coolbaugh. He was killed by a line drive this season while coaching first base.

Some of the veteran players decided to award a full share to Amanda Coolbaugh. Their two sons, 5-year-old Joseph and 3-year-old Jacob, will throw out the first pitch in Game 3 at Coors Field on Saturday. <snip>

This is the most touching gesture.
The Rockies are truly wonderful.
Wow! I hadn't heard about that!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:48 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,942,261 times
I cried my eyes out when his two little sons threw out the first pitch on Saturday. They did GREAT!

I can't wait for Game 4 ---- got sweat seats! Anyone know when the World Series tixs go on sale??

Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
This five day wait between Saturday's win and Thursday's game makes me nervous. The Rockies are white hot, they have a lot of momentum. Stopping to wait for several days may work against them. I hope they win, but I would have like to have seen game one today or tomorrow.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:00 PM

458 posts, read 2,774,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
This five day wait between Saturday's win and Thursday's game makes me nervous. The Rockies are white hot, they have a lot of momentum. Stopping to wait for several days may work against them. I hope they win, but I would have like to have seen game one today or tomorrow.
The D-Backs have the same wait. It's not like they have an unfair advantage because the Rockies are waiting because they have the same exact deal. I will be happy with whichever one wins because I like both teams but I think Arizona's pitching is going to carry them to the World Series. Any big baseball fan knows that it's all about pitching and defense in the playoffs, and while Colorado is one of the best defensive teams out there, I'm not sure if their pitching will hold up or not. It would definitly be something special if they were to make it though. I can't tell you how many times I heard people say that the Rockies will never ever make it to the World Series due to their ballpark and lack of pitching.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 PM

385 posts, read 1,575,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I cried my eyes out when his two little sons threw out the first pitch on Saturday. They did GREAT!

I can't wait for Game 4 ---- got sweat seats! Anyone know when the World Series tixs go on sale??
I think the World Series tickets go on sale October 22.
I heard on the local news that no camping out (to purchase tickets) will be allowed at Invesco Field

Old 10-11-2007, 10:01 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Talk about putting the cart before the horse. The World Series is for the team that gets to four wins in THIS series.

With talk of World Series already, I'm not feeling it. Whatever happened to the one game at a time attitude.

I hope the Rockies can win this game here tonight. Think small ball. Chop wood. Carry water! Go Rockies!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,942,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Talk about putting the cart before the horse. The World Series is for the team that gets to four wins in THIS series.

With talk of World Series already, I'm not feeling it. Whatever happened to the one game at a time attitude.

I hope the Rockies can win this game here tonight. Think small ball. Chop wood. Carry water! Go Rockies!

Well, you have to think positive and believe anything is possible. What's the hurt in getting tickets? If they don't make it, you get a refund so big deal. Nothing beats the atmosphere of the ball park during playoffs

The way the Rockies have been playing lately, it seems pretty likely they'll be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver