Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 05:28 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
Can't we all just get along?

That "Flame Warrior Index" is really funny - everyone should look through them all.
I think maybe we're all ornery due to the heat and humidity. That's a good excuse anyway, much better than some I've heard lately.

I haven't read it yet, but I plan to do so in due course. Right now, I must take my canines on a walk. They need me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I understand perfectley kooter Urban Dictionary: Kooter

I guess the AARAP and Medicare boards got boring for you.
You know, I've heard a lot of derogatory names for this, that, and the other in all my years, but I've never heard of that one. Goodness, where have I been?

Old 08-02-2009, 05:40 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,118 times
I thought Kooter was the scruffy mechanic guy on Dukes of Hazzard

Old 08-02-2009, 06:01 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,164 times
Couldn't find a youtube clip of this only google.
Cooter Fest

The Cooter Festival

Old 08-02-2009, 06:08 PM

78 posts, read 193,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
You mentioned education and intelligence and when I see one boasting about such and his or her grammar is the pits, I usually do comment. It's not a waste of time for me.

Ahh, but you had a reason, actually two. If you have little ones, you really shouldn't be wasting your time on city-data. They need you and that is probably why they were acting out. Patience is a virtue especially when you're a parent and tending to their needs is top priority rather than responding to anyone as unintelligent as I or making "funnies" about breeding.

The comment was not funny, but I can see some narrow-minded people getting a chuckle out of it. I'm actually surprised a Texan, redneck, or whatever you call them hadn't commented before I. As far as a sense of humor goes, I have one. The difference is I laugh at things that are funny, not ridiculing.

We can look at it two ways. Either I'm intelligent for not thinking something narrow-minded and ridiculing isn't funny or you're a brain for being narrow-minded and thinking it is. Obviously, our opinions differ.

I hope you're not reading this and are taking care of the little ones instead of wasting your time trying to convince anyone who will read your post that lacking in a warped (my word) sense of humor means one is not intelligent. It kind of reminds me of the garbage one hears on late night TV.
It's the pits? What are you a wordsmith? You got me with that one!

Please spare me from your parenting skills. Based on the posts I have read from you, there is nothing you can offer of any consequence. If I want my kids to learn the proper usage of "yall" or "all y'all" I will let you know.

My comment was not funny because you did not get it. I can't help you if the only comedy you understand or find amusing is Jeff Foxworthy or Dukes of Hazzard reruns. I will try and dumb it up for you next time but no guarantees.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarPlayr View Post
It's the pits? What are you a wordsmith? You got me with that one!

Please spare me from your parenting skills. Based on the posts I have read from you, there is nothing you can offer of any consequence. If I want my kids to learn the proper usage of "yall" or "all y'all" I will let you know.

My comment was not funny because you did not get it. I can't help you if the only comedy you understand or find amusing is Jeff Foxworthy or Dukes of Hazzard reruns. I will try and dumb it up for you next time but no guarantees.
I'm sorry, but I'm not a Texan or a southerner and don't use the word "y'all" unless it just happens to slip and occasionally, it does just that.

I also do not watch Jeff or did I ever watch Dukes. I did get your comment and really don't care to elaborate anymore on it. Please don't "dumb it up" any time soon ..... whatever that means.

Thank you! I would hope my posts don't offer any consequence to anyone. You've made my day!

Old 08-02-2009, 06:41 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
1 way Greyhound ticket from Houston to Raleigh is $120. You could be there by Wednesday and that's just one option. You could also carpool, hitch, ride a bike, walk - I'm not even kidding about these options. When I moved from Michigan to Texas I had to pay 900 bucks for Mayflower to move my car - I drove my wife's car down. I would have paid someone to drive my car down for some negotiated price (less than 900) - these days with craigslist there are lots of possibilities - who knows you could actually end up in NC with more money than you left Houston with

I'm not trying to pick on you or be in your face - just pointing out that if someone is truly motivated, they make things happen. This is still a free country - mostly.
Ok, I guess when I get there I can live under a bridge

Old 08-02-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Ok, I guess when I get there I can live under a bridge
People are so picky! You're the one that said you hate Texas that much

(I hear NC has very nice bridges)

Last edited by tyanger; 08-02-2009 at 06:53 PM..

Old 08-02-2009, 06:58 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
People are so picky! You're the one that said you hate Texas that much

(I hear NC has very nice bridges)
Well of course the bridges are nice, everything there is great!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Well of course the bridges are nice, everything there is great!
Glad to see you can take a little joking and we're not degrading into a flame-fest here. Good luck to you wherever you end up. Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas