Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,037,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Are you going to behave? I have been. I've been pretty darn open and honest. Don't feel the need to go onto other states forums and put down their state, people, way of life or accents. .Yet for some reason you feel the need to bash all of the south and Texas thinking we all belong on Jerry Springer and shop at SuperWalmart. Remember those posts of yours? I also don't feel the need to complain non stop about where I live Or have you forgotten all of that?

I did answer your questions. Your the one that misread what I posted.

Oh well, enjoy yourself and complain away. I'm off to run some errands and play in the pool later w/ the kids

I give up, you need help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 AM

14,860 posts, read 43,029,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I give up, you need help.
No, I don't need help. I'm just fine

However,
Quote:
Hate it, I'm Miserable.
Quote:
I was born and raised in Colorado, left 9 years ago to live in the armpit of the US. Trying to get back home, near impossible now. Colorado has gotten so over populated by people who decided one day.... geeee wouldn't it be nice to live in Colorado. I have no job there but I will move there anyway.

Last time I was there over the holidays visiting family, I couldnt believe the sea of houses and I heard how it grew so much. this is SE Denver I am talking about. I felt like turning off the music, grabbing my shotgun and telling everyone to get the &^%% out! but I couldnt. lol

WOW! You'd pull a gun on people because they moved to a state you lived in. Don't think I'm the one needing help here.

Quote:
I moved from the UK. I lived in Colorado first and now Dallas.

But, you just said you were "born and raised in Colorado". When did Colorado become part of the UK????

Quote:
When I moved to Colorado a few years ago, I had a company sponser me.
When you were 16, like you have said before. LOL, were you born at the age of 16

Re: Arkansas
Quote:
Exactly, it's the people that live there. lol That state may be pretty I don't know because I am just afraid to go there. But Arkansas is too 'southern'. I can't think of anyone who wants to move there.

I came over from the UK years ago... I can't figure out why you would want to move to Arkansas? I suggest you visit a few states before making a decision.

WOW, like to stereotype much. Again, that pesky UK thing again.

Quote:
Without the southern states I don't think Jerry Springer would have any guests on his show..

I've never watched Jerry Springer. Nor have I known anyone that appeared on it.

Quote:
Just hate southern states, along with hundreads of thousands of people. As much as I don't like Texas. You really can't compare Texas with states like Arkansas or Alabama. lol

Texas is growing for a reason.. like the state or not. It has a lot to offer.
You hate states you have never been to? What happened to being open minded and such?

Quote:
I don't have the time to learn a second language to visit there. Visually it might be a nice state, but I couldn't understand anyone from there to comunicate. I have talked to people from Arkansas and Alabama. I can't understand them and they can't understand me.

They speak ENGLISH in Arkansas.

Don't think I'm the one that needs help. I know where exactly I was born and raised and never claimed otherwise.

Oh well. Your too easy to mess with. Kind of feel bad about it. Now, off to the store. And NOT Walmart. I don't shop there nor harken their doors

Last edited by momof2dfw; 08-10-2009 at 10:21 AM..

Old 08-10-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
No, I don't need help. I'm just fine

However,

WOW! You'd pull a gun on people because they moved to a state you lived in. Don't think I'm the one needing help here.

But, you just said you were "born and raised in Colorado". When did Colorado become part of the UK????

When you were 16, like you have said before. LOL, were you born at the age of 16

Re: Arkansas

WOW, like to stereotype much. Again, that pesky UK thing again.

I've never watched Jerry Springer. Nor have I known anyone that appeared on it.

You hate states you have never been to? What happened to being open minded and such?

They speak ENGLISH in Arkansas.

Don't think I'm the one that needs help. I know where exactly I was born and raised and never claimed otherwise.

Oh well. Your too easy to mess with. Kind of feel bad about it. Now, off to the store. And NOT Walmart. I don't shop there nor harken their doors

There is nothing wrong with what I said, I am lost as to what you are trying to prove.

You have too much time. What do you do all day? let me guess, just a simple frustrated middle aged menopausal housewife who is going through a mid life crisis so she spends the day posting on message boards talking about stripping off her clothes, key west makes you wet and I have no tan lines 'wink wink' oh and and you pole dance. Honesty, I should follow you all day and make a video called Grannies gone wild ( nobody steal my idea.. it's mine!) . Then you spend the rest of the day being like this.

You're over 40. What do you do in your life? For the next generation it would be helpful to know what not to do so we don't end up old and bitter.

What do you do all day? WHAT DO YOU DO?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Now, off to the store. And NOT Walmart. I don't shop there nor harken their doors

You got caught shoplifting?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:56 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,327,375 times
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with what I said, I am lost as to what you are trying to prove.

You have too much time. What do you do all day? let me guess, just a simple frustrated middle aged menopausal housewife who is going through a mid life crisis so she spends the day posting on message boards talking about stripping off her clothes, key west makes you wet and I have no tan lines 'wink wink' oh and and you pole dance. Honesty, I should follow you all day and make a video called Grannies gone wild ( nobody steal my idea.. it's mine!) . Then you spend the rest of the day being like this.

You're over 40. What do you do in your life? For the next generation it would be helpful to know what not to do so we don't end up old and bitter.

Cupcake,

I'm not sure how old you are, but I believe you are a young adult - maybe in your 20s. What is it that YOU do? Are you employed? Are you college educated? Do you have a graduate degree? Are you married? Have any children? Do you live with relatives? Do you support yourself...or depend on others? What is it that you do to be productive and improve your life, or the lives of others you care about?

From what I understand it sounds like you have [somehow] found your way from the United Kingdom to live in a rather remote area on the outskirts of the greater DFW Metroplex. A place you are not very happy to call home! It sounds like you spend your time mostly hanging out with members of a local wannabe rock band and cooking up hot sauce recipes in hopes of making a buck. Something tells me the way you spend your time isn't very rewarding, and most people wouldn't consider it the best way for a young woman to improve her life. I can't imagine any reasonable and educated person that hangs out with a bunch of gun-wielding, tattooed musicians will produce any meaningful long-term satisfaction and a rewarding life.

Maybe I'm mistaken... Maybe you: are happily married, possibly have children, have a rewarding job, have a wide social makeup of friends to participate with and enjoy life, partake in rewarding adventures, and achieve a better and more meaningful life.

What do YOU do Cupcake?

Old 08-10-2009, 01:10 PM

548 posts, read 1,484,306 times
It's pretty hot outside, isn't it?

Old 08-10-2009, 02:14 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,567,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
yup!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:45 PM

469 posts, read 1,455,867 times
I think it is currently hotter on this thread than it is outside.
I also think hot weather can put people in a bad mood, I know it does me sometimes.
Stay cool, everyone!

Old 08-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:

let me guess, just a simple frustrated middle aged menopausal housewife who is going through a mid life crisis so she spends the day posting on message boards talking about stripping off her clothes, key west makes you wet and I have no tan lines 'wink wink' oh and and you pole dance. Honesty, I should follow you all day and make a video called Grannies gone wild ( nobody steal my idea.. it's mine!) . Then you spend the rest of the day being like this.

OH MY!!! Your gonna have one VERY frustrated husband on your hands if you think life as a married couple in the bedroom ends at 40. Meanwhile, I'm in MY PRIME and living it up and having a ball doing it. So is my husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Cupcake,

I'm not sure how old you are, but I believe you are a young adult

From what I understand it sounds like you have [somehow] found your way from the United Kingdom to live in a rather remote area on the outskirts of the greater DFW Metroplex. A place you are not very happy to call home!
Maybe I'm mistaken... Maybe you: are happily married, possibly have children, have a rewarding job, have a wide social makeup of friends to participate with and enjoy life, partake in rewarding adventures, and achieve a better and more meaningful life.

I know..... in some posts she goes on and gushes about how wonderful the people here are and how they held open doors for her while pregnant and that would never happen in Colorado. Then the next second we all live in a hellhole

I know that I am happily married, have great children and a wide social makeup of friends and happy as a clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
Nah, just jump in the pool. The water is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie P View Post
I think it is currently hotter on this thread than it is outside.
I also think hot weather can put people in a bad mood, I know it does me sometimes.
Stay cool, everyone!

It is fun though Some people are just way too easy to pick on when they can't keep their stories straight. Especially when they get on their high horse that everyone is below them because of what state they live in or such.

I'm not one that hot weather puts one in a bad mood. I don't like overcast days for days on end. Yuck. Might not put me in a "bad mood" but it just isn't fun. I need the SUNSHINE

Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM

You know, she is reminding me of this lady at a pool party we were at last week. She is 37 and has a nice body but she is SEVERLY insecure about herself. She kept trying to compare herself to our friends daughters friends that are in their mid-20's, never been married and no kids. It was almost painful to watch. My friend and I were just standing there saying to each other that she is going to have one heck of a meltdown when she turns 40 if she doesn't get over it. One thing she did that cracked us up, she switched bikini tops with one of the younger girls and was SOOOOOO PROUD that she "still fit into it". Uh, it has to do with SIZE not age . Of course the younger girl had much larger ta-ta's so this older one is going to fit into her top. I mean when she first got there the guys all made eyes that she was nice to look at but as the night wore on and they saw how insecure she was they totally backed off and thought she was just plain lost. She was desperately trying to get the 20-something guys to notice her and it was painful and just plain sad.

Meanwhile, us 40-somethings that are secure with ourselves are having a ball and don't really care what the younger crowd thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas