Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:29 AM

1,533 posts, read 7,262,603 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to post a message Kimberland left on my profile. Yet another oh so classy comment from her:

Mary-
I do not appreciate your anti-Jew attitude or comments. If I am going to burn in hell, well I will have a lot of company with WT ignorant people like yourself. I understand why you are so upset regarding the panhandler rights. I would not like it if someone talked about my relatives that way either. Leave me alone, mean old Mary.

Again shes proves money does not buy class, because she certainly lacks it. I'm a bit puzzled because I never once said anything bad about Southlake, and up until yesterday I never came across her on these forums. I may stay away from the forums for a while simply because i am tired of petty name calling drama. This thread had been resolved, amends had been made and she felt the need to stir the pot. I'll go back to sitting on my corner in South Garland and dream of living in Southlake. :P

Last edited by MaryS80; 08-23-2008 at 09:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 10:53 AM

6,843 posts, read 14,108,873 times
I thought this thread was winding down but clearly it is no. Those folks with the "I have money so I am superior to you" folks have let themselves be known. There is nothing wrong with working hard and enjoying the fruits of your labor but that does not give you the right to turn your nose down to hard working folks in middle class neighborhoods. I have a job that requires me to speak to affluent folks on a daily basis. Sadly the subject revolves around possible foreclosure and many of the folks have no idea how to cope with losing it all. I have always tried to be a well grounded person and I would suggest everybody tries to do the same. If your life boils down to having a large house and driving a luxury car your life certainly cannot be complete.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:41 AM

625 posts, read 1,962,913 times
someone close this thread. desperately.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:56 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,326,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
someone close this thread. desperately.
Why do you want it closed?

Old 08-23-2008, 12:10 PM

I think it should be closed, it has gotten out of hand. I will admit initally I was part of the problem, but things were resolved until Kimber came in here and reignited everything.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:59 PM

625 posts, read 1,962,913 times
I want it closed b/c we've gone about talking about pan-handlers in West Plano to talking about how snobby West Plano is to talking about Panhandler rights to talking about the mentally ill and the homeless to talking about Southlake to talking about holding a pep rally in Southlake to rants about some non-existent anti-Semitic remarks .

Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
I want it closed b/c we've gone about talking about pan-handlers in West Plano to talking about how snobby West Plano is to talking about Panhandler rights to talking about the mentally ill and the homeless to talking about Southlake to talking about holding a pep rally in Southlake to rants about some non-existent anti-Semitic remarks .

But why does that mean that the thread should be closed? Maybe others want it to be left active.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
But why does that mean that the thread should be closed?
It's off topic and more or less a flame war at this point.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
It's off topic and more or less a flame war at this point.
I don't think the original topic has drifted very far off-topic. For the most part, what is being discussed is similar in that [some] people have a problem with strangers asking (begging) for money for whatever the reasons may be. And whether such people are non-residents of the neighborhood or actually live in the neighborhood.

As for a flame war, I personally don't think it's even close to being a flame war...plus such minor diatribes are very common anyway.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
I don't think the original topic has drifted very far off-topic. For the most part, what is being discussed is similar in that [some] people have a problem with strangers asking (begging) for money for whatever the reasons may be. And whether such people are non-residents of the neighborhood or actually live in the neighborhood.

As for a flame war, I personally don't think it's even close to being a flame war...plus such minor diatribes are very common anyway.
True, I have seen threads get shut down on here for far less that whats in this one. It certainly is a nice little dichotomy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas