Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 06:16 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times

Advertisements

The sooner that Scientology mess is exposed, the better.

Their practices are totally unacceptable.

Why hasn't someone sued them yet?

HOW did they get that big? Or is it all lights and mirrors?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...ions-australia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 06:18 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Details aside, there is zero difference to say, the Catholic Church.[snip]
The Catholic church doesn't require family members still practicing Catholicism to shun completely family members who leave the church, harass those who leave the church at their homes, or release hate filled press releases on fallen away famous members.

Scientology has been accused by many high profile former members of all these things. If true, I find those practices by the church of Scientology abhorrent and cruel.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Just watched the whole thing on YouTube... good interview, but a lot of that was already out there.
That's true, but the more often it is put out there the better, some people who didn't know before may know now.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:15 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,215,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Ridiculous comment. Katie Holmes signed a contract to marry Cruise thinking it would make her big star as it did Kidman before her. Didn't work out so well for her.
Nicole also had a contract. I've said it before here, years back, and it's 100% true; verified by hollywood insiders, one of whom is a friend of a friend of mine. Old news. Tom Cruise is gay as well. Also old news and well-known among Hollywood upper echelon.

Last edited by Idlewile; 11-01-2015 at 07:24 PM..

Old 11-01-2015, 07:21 PM

620 posts, read 638,651 times
Quote:
Why is discussing other religions on a Scientology thread, off limits? Or just One other Religion, Christianity?
I guess you don't understand the idea of staying on topic, do you? The topic is Leah Remini's interview about Scientology. So no, bashing other religions is not on topic.

I'm not going to start discussing Big Bang Theory and justify it by saying that Leah was on King of Queens, and it's all TV.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:26 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Haha someone just pm'd me and told me Jesus went to the States.

So where is he now guys?

Whats he doing while yáll are shooting up campuses?

Wandering through Nevada talking to cacti?

Erm, pardon me Jesus, but there's a situation or 6 out here in the Real World...perhaps you could you know, comment?
You must have been messaged by a Mormon.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Nicole also had a contract. I've said it before here, years back, and it's 100% true; verified by hollywood insiders, one of whom is a friend of a friend of mine. Old news. Tom Cruise is gay as well. Also old news and well-known among Hollywood upper echelon.
What kind of contracts are you talking about? Non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements?

I am willing to bet those are pretty common among the rich and famous.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:39 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The Catholic church doesn't require family members still practicing Catholicism to shun completely family members who leave the church, harass those who leave the church at their homes, or release hate filled press releases on fallen away famous members.

Scientology has been accused by many high profile former members of all these things. If true, I find those practices by the church of Scientology abhorrent and cruel.

Exactly.

I live in LA and their Sunset Blvd. headquarters is in the East Hollywood area, their workers who stand in the same area all the time (they look like servers wearing black pants, white shirts, and black vests) are picked up around 11pm and by and old bus and all housed in the same building a few blocks south of Sunset, I saw them one night, it was like watching robots they walk in a single file off the bus.

I was driving with a friend who lives in the area and said "what is that old bus doing there"(kind of looks like a bus from the 50s) he said "oh that is the Scientologists getting dropped off, they stay in that building"(looked run down)....creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
You're absolutely correct. Nicole benefited in regards to becoming a star, but suffered in other ways. Katie Holmes thought by doing the same thing she would also come out a big star, didn't work out so well for her.

They were both married to Cruise for exactly 5 years.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:42 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly.

I live in LA and their Sunset Blvd. headquarters is in the East Hollywood area, their workers who stand in the same area all the time (they look like servers wearing black pants, white shirts, and black vests) are picked up around 11pm and by and old bus and all housed in the same building a few blocks south of Sunset, I saw them one night, it was like watching robots they walk in a single file off the bus.

I was driving with a friend who lives in the area and said "what is that old bus doing there"(kind of looks like a bus from the 50s) he said "oh that is the Scientologists getting dropped off, they stay in that building"(looked run down)....creepy.

You're absolutely correct. Nicole benefited in regards to becoming a star, but suffered in other ways. Katie Holmes thought by doing the same thing she would also come out a big star, didn't work out so well for her.

They were both married to Cruise for exactly 5 years.
Tom and Nicole were married for 10 years.

Tom and Katie were married for almost 6 years.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:06 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
I believe it was Ron Hubbard who said:
"The fastest way to make a million is start a religion" or something along those lines.
Nah...just a church.

Here's how Hubbard came up with the idea....2 min youtube ...with a 'Skip Ad'...

How Ayn Rand and L. Ron Hubbard Came Up With Their Big Ideas | Cracked.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events