Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 09:22 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
One thing that stuck out to me was the letters from the Scientologists, there responses to her coming out were like a pissed off, immature teen ager, saying that she was stupid, and they are glad she's gone.
I thought so too. I bet many of them were either dedicated by people in charge to church members or by members who were told to write letters one their own but where told basically what to write.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 09:32 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I wanted to through something at the TV screen when they showed the picture of Krsite Alley and put up the quote that Remni was her "enemy" for speaking out against Scientology. I don't think that put Alley in a very favorable light. Isn't her career washed up anyway?

It would be interesting if Nicole Kidman would come forward. I think now we know why she left Tom Cruise. But she was probably afraid for her children to speak out at the time and maybe still is.

Religion by intimidation, that's just what Scientology is.
And Katie Holmes.

The way she left Tom was carried out like a top secret military mission. He didn't know what hit him.

I think Katie drew the line at Tom indoctrinating their daughter into the "religion".

I think Katie has a lot on Tom and that is why he didn't put up a fight to get any kind of control over their daughter. I am willing to bet that Tom has been forbidden from even discussing Scientology with their daughter............or else.

Good for you Katie!

Old 10-31-2015, 09:35 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
I wanted to through something at the TV screen when they showed the picture of Krsite Alley and put up the quote that Remni was her "enemy" for speaking out against Scientology. I don't think that put Alley in a very favorable light. Isn't her career washed up anyway?

It would be interesting if Nicole Kidman would come forward. I think now we know why she left Tom Cruise. But she was probably afraid for her children to speak out at the time and maybe still is.

Apparently her children (with Cruise, the two they adopted) don't talk to her because you don't associate with anyone who's left Scientology, even your own parents or children. Their daughter Bella just got married in London or something, and Tom was invited but Nicole was not. She's completely cut off from them. It's really sad when you think about it, because she raised them and I've read she was a very good mother to them while she and Tom were still married. And they just abandon her like she's nothing because they've been brainwashed by this cult. Shame on all of them.

I'm happy Nicole got remarried and had two of her own kids. I'm sure her heart hurts for Bella and Connor Cruise, and she misses them dearly, but perhaps it's better she's away from them, as well, since Scientology is so damn crazy.

I doubt Nicole and Katie will come forward. I do wonder if they talk privately. They probably do.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:27 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Details aside, there is zero difference to say, the Catholic Church.

Organised Religion of any sort, by definition contains a core of brainwashing.
Horse****. There are parallels, but there are differences.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:52 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
I started to watch it and then I thought better and I do hope nothing happens to Leah Remini .She seems like she is okay with leaving that cult and that is exactly what it is , a cult nothing more and you have to have a strong mind to not get tied up in things like that . It is not a religion folks .

Old 11-01-2015, 06:51 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,607,659 times
Quote:

Apparently he fully brainwashed and kept her two oldest children from her. I cannot imagine how painful that was/is for her, and I can understand why she'd keep her mouth shut on even the vaguest possibility that her kids will have contact with her.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:20 AM

17,618 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Quote:

Really? I was raised Catholic. Hadn't been to a Catholic mass in more than a decade. Even went to churches of other Christianity denominations. No one has stalked me, my friends and family haven't broken off all contact with me. Also, the foundation book of the Catholic church is the Bible. Any one who wishes to read it is welcomed to do so. The foundation book for the Scientology is a story about ancient aliens. Prior to the internet, only those who went through years of brainwashing was allowed to read the document. Anyone who tried to publish it was attacked through teams of lawyers by copywriters laws until the person who tried to publish is completely broke and emotionally broken. In the early years of the internet people tried to publish the document. Scientology got help from the court judges and police to confiscate all electronic devices and paper documents to recover all forms of their document. The information they gained from the seizure was used to personally attack the person and his family for years both in and out of court. Finally a country was found that had laws permitting the distribution of such documents. Ex members went there to publish the information. Some people couldn't believe this was really the basis for scientology until the Scientology lawyers arrived to shut it down because they owned the copywrite to this writing. Scientology lost and South Park made their very funny episode. Their membership numbers have been steadily dropping ever since the release of those documents.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:27 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
A "religion" started by a science fiction writer. That actress went against all that is Hollywood, including the anointed one, Tom Cruise. I will be surprised if she ever works again. Very brave she is.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:32 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:

Ridiculous comment. Catholics are not "shunned" if they leave the church or get death threats.

And when people in need in this country need help and are running out of options it's Catholic Charities who help, and they don't care if you're Catholic or not.

Catholic church certainly has had it's issues, but who is there in Africa dealing with AIDS and Ebola? Catholic nuns risking their own safety.

Your comments were out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And Katie Holmes.

The way she left Tom was carried out like a top secret military mission. He didn't know what hit him.

I think Katie drew the line at Tom indoctrinating their daughter into the "religion".

I think Katie has a lot on Tom and that is why he didn't put up a fight to get any kind of control over their daughter. I am willing to bet that Tom has been forbidden from even discussing Scientology with their daughter............or else.

Good for you Katie!
Please....LOL. Katie Holmes signed a contract to marry Cruise thinking it would make her big star as it did Kidman before her. Didn't work out so well for her.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:39 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
I love Leah Remini and really love her now. She is taking a beating from Kirsty alley and tom Cruise and the like, but she seems to rise above it, I am glad she got out while she could, hope nothing "happens" to her though.
me too i forgot about the interview, will have to see if i can get it on demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events