Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 12:06 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,523,674 times

Advertisements

Not sure which forum this should be posted in.

I was just wondering if anyone has seen Shelly Miscavige other than that cop who claimed he saw her after Remini filed the missing persons report?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 02:31 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,931,066 times
I watched the 20/20 story on this and was amazed. How can they call themselves a religious church for tax benefits with the IRS? These people at the top of the organization are not religious leaders but mind controlling nutjobs.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:01 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,302,909 times
They stared out as a dare at a party at a science fiction convention. All the guests were writers and wanted to see if they could make up a convincing religion. No doubt my friends mom is gone now, but she was highly amused by all the believers. But she had decided that some people are willing to believe anything if it makes them feel good and safe and assured. She said all of them were surprised when LR Hubberd took their fantasy religion and started apparently believinging in it.

People are so deeply in need of some assurance that they flock to all sorts of religions which demand absolute obedience and exercise said control. A near husband of mine had some experience with scientology. His dad was sampling it and of course brought in the family. He went along with it until they did the emeters, which he refused. For that his family was tossed out of the church. I'd say he did them a favor.

The mystery of where this woman went is indeed something that needs solving.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:34 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,503,325 times
I was never a fan of Leah Remni before but after watching the 20/20 episode I am now. It took courage for her to speak out. I know first hand from a woman with whom I used to work and became friends how horrible this evil cult is. It almost destroyed her marriage and her life. If members are not famous celebrities, they are treated terribly.

My friend and her husband made the innocent mistake of being new in town looking for friends. They thought they found friends in Scientology along with a spiritual leaning. All they got was brainwashing, the demand for their savings and earnings, belittlement and soul crushing derision they were never good enough and had to work harder for the "church" to be worthy.

When they tried to leave the cult, they were hounded and threatened. Finally they actually had to report them to the police for harassment to make them stay away. Even then there were stares at the supermarket and other public places for awhile. They were certain they were being watched. The police said they had complaints like theirs before from others who had tried to or had broken away from the cult.

I wouldn't doubt that Shelly Miscavige was made to disappear. I wouldn't rule out foul play until she actually made herself known in full view of the Public.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,305,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I was never a fan of Leah Remni before but after watching the 20/20 episode I am now. It took courage for her to speak out. I know first hand from a woman with whom I used to work and became friends how horrible this evil cult is. It almost destroyed her marriage and her life. If members are not famous celebrities, they are treated terribly.

My friend and her husband made the innocent mistake of being new in town looking for friends. They thought they found friends in Scientology along with a spiritual leaning. All they got was brainwashing, the demand for their savings and earnings, belittlement and soul crushing derision they were never good enough and had to work harder for the "church" to be worthy.

When they tried to leave the cult, they were hounded and threatened. Finally they actually had to report them to the police for harassment to make them stay away. Even then there were stares at the supermarket and other public places for awhile. They were certain they were being watched. The police said they had complaints like theirs before from others who had tried to or had broken away from the cult.

I wouldn't doubt that Shelly Miscavige was made to disappear. I wouldn't rule out foul play until she actually made herself known in full view of the Public.
Courageous not just to leave the cult--that is probably difficult for many, but also because she is an actress and has to deal with heavy hitters in her industry (like Cruise) putting her down as well.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:59 PM
bjh

60,149 posts, read 30,476,106 times
Leah Remini has real courage.

As for the missing wife, Shelly, they said police spoke to her and closed the missing persons case. But under what circumstances she's living or whether she is free to leave, they didn't say.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:13 PM

620 posts, read 640,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

As for the missing wife, Shelly, they said police spoke to her and closed the missing persons case. But under what circumstances she's living or whether she is free to leave, they didn't say.
The LAPD lieutenant who led the missing persons investigation was later a featured speaker at a Scientology event. Seems verrrrry fishy to me.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:30 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,503,325 times
I wanted to through something at the TV screen when they showed the picture of Krsite Alley and put up the quote that Remni was her "enemy" for speaking out against Scientology. I don't think that put Alley in a very favorable light. Isn't her career washed up anyway?

It would be interesting if Nicole Kidman would come forward. I think now we know why she left Tom Cruise. But she was probably afraid for her children to speak out at the time and maybe still is.

Religion by intimidation, that's just what Scientology is.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:31 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,302,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandex View Post
The LAPD lieutenant who led the missing persons investigation was later a featured speaker at a Scientology event. Seems verrrrry fishy to me.
Sure is. Could this be challenged as a conflict of interest?

Old 10-31-2015, 04:33 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,106,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

She was probably living in a trailer. There is more than that. If interested, I highly recommend watch the HBO documentary about Scientology. There is also a lot from former members on Youtube. Some of the stuff they reveal is crazy and extremely inhumane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events