Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 04:32 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times

Advertisements

I think the federal and local authorities knew what they were dealing with. The goal is to keep the public safe and not disrupt their lives (and their incomes) any more than they have to. Holding off the announcement until the evening maximizes this. And, yes, these fools WOULD do this with the sun out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yep. I just said the same thing on a thread on the Missouri forum. Obama was busy sympathizing with the thug's parents and supporters and ignored the fact that a police officer had to kill a thug in self defense. It's bad enough when half the population is stupid, but our president too?
I feel for Michael's family. No matter what happened or who was at fault, it is a tremendous and painful loss for them. But what about Darren Wilson? People think that no indictment means he gets to walk off into the sunset with no consequence. He has a target on his back. He is going to resign from the force (according to reports). He will probably never be able to work as a police officer anywhere, or heck, any job, without looking over his shoulder. And, if he has a conscience, he will have to live with causing this man's death for the rest of his life. His life will never be the same.

Quote:
And what happened to "Violence and destruction of property will not be tolerated"? Seems like it is being tolerated; no one is doing anything. They should give the police authority to arrest, shoot, or do whatever they have to do to stop these people.
As of 3:00 a.m., they arrested 29 people. They are hardly doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
A lot of kids shoplift. He made a poor choice. We all make poor choices at times. This is not even related to the cop killing him anyways.

But now everyone who steals something has to die? I think most Americans would be dead. I stole candy when i was 6 yo. Kill me too?
You said it, he wasn't shot because of the robbery. But it started with the robbery. Had he not robbed that store that day, things may have turned out differently. But, based on the evidence, he was shot because he made another poor choice, to become a threat to an officer. This was the outcome he carved out for himself. It's unfortunate, but he was not a kid. He was too young to die, sure. But he was, in fact, a grown man who made grown decisions that got him killed. His family needs to accept this. I know it's hard. But it would be the best thing for them so they can heal and move on.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:35 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
I think parents need to unite in the world get off the, gaming, boyfriends, booze, drugs, doing their nails and watching TV and start raising their kids. I threatened mine I'd be the first to call the police if they stepped sideways. I battled -but I won. I now have grands ,and I have NOT changed my mind- you must teach lawfulness, just as respect, etc. The economy is partly to blame. You have moms working 2/3 jobs to feed the kids - not around to raise them. It does take a village to raise a kid -- the village has turned their backs.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:11 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Angry That poor Police Officer was just doing his job in Ferguson

That poor Police Officer, Darren Wilson was just doing his job.

And had to deal with Michael Brown, a criminal and thug.

And that officers life has changed forever.
His job is to protect and serve his community.
Which he was doing
AND
Scientific evidence proved it
ALONG WITH
Witness's retracting their accounts.

Michael Brown came after that Police Officer, who stood alone.
And he did what any of us would of done being a police officer or a just a person in that situation.

I am sick and tired of all this race relation garbage.

Last edited by Atalanta; 11-25-2014 at 05:26 AM..

Old 11-25-2014, 05:15 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
"'This is a defense mechanism of white supremacy at work in your mind, sir,' Dyson replied."

And this seems to be a defense mechanism of inferiority speaking. Pot. Kettle. Black. No pun intended.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:16 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,448,074 times
Al Sharpton will see to it that people continue to be sick of it.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:23 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Agreed

Old 11-25-2014, 05:37 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,129,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
That poor Police Officer, Darren Wilson was just doing his job.

And had to deal with Michael Brown, a criminal and thug.

And that officers life has changed forever.
His job is to protect and serve his community.
Which he was doing
AND
Scientific evidence proved it
ALONG WITH
Witness's retracting their accounts.

Michael Brown came after that Police Officer, who stood alone.
And he did what any of us would of done being a police officer or a just a person in that situation.

Why is it when a black person is killed by the police they riot and call it race related and then the blacks all riot and loot and burn things. But when a black person kills a white police officer it's ok we're are the riots when this happens, why don't the whites riot and loot. I'll tell you why because we are civilized and we do not use a killing as an excuse to steal things.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:40 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,739,320 times
I wish this officer peace and to be able to get on with his life.

I wish the town of Ferguson a major winter event of snow as it will get the thugs off the streets

Old 11-25-2014, 05:41 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
They've smashed windows and vandalized the McDonalds?! That wasn't very thoughtful of them - how are they going to eat now? They'll be starving within a day or two.

Maybe there's one of those chicken/waffle places to keep them energized.

It would have made a big difference if they had made the announcement very early in the morning. Nobody feels like rioting at 3-5am on a cold night. Seriously. It's a circadian rhythm thing.
Yep, the town needs a blizzard they all will be running inside

Old 11-25-2014, 05:44 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,006,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Yup. There are people that make their living off of it, not going away any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events