Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 08:12 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,450,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ummm, not to interject facts here but it was somewhere closer to 10 feet away per the Grand Jury statements.
But y'all just get back to the riots and have a great time.
I am.... if only we could make this as a first-person shooter game, on PSP or whatever, it would sell millions.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
^^^^^ I'm kind of with you on this. Let the stupid idiots burn their own community to the ground and then let's walk away and let them live in that mess. If they don't have a post office where they can pick up their welfare checks or a bank to cash them, they might wake up and stop doing this stuff.

Absolutely disgusting.

Don

Old 11-25-2014, 08:22 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
^^^^^ I'm kind of with you on this. Let the stupid idiots burn their own community to the ground and then let's walk away and let them live in that mess. If they don't have a post office where they can pick up their welfare checks or a bank to cash them, they might wake up and stop doing this stuff.

Absolutely disgusting.

Don
The gov't will just re-house them elsewhere, at our expense.

2,761 posts, read 2,231,273 times
There should be some famous black celebs out there urging some peace and calm. They don't have to agree with the verdict but at least tell everyone that looting, vandalism, and violent acts is not the way to go. They should get involved to help the masses calm down.

6,706 posts, read 5,939,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
This is simply inaccurate. Crime started dropping under Mayor Dinkins. I know this because I lived in Manhattan during the Koch, Dinkins, Guiliani and Bloomberg administrations. The reasons may be subject to debate but I would proffer that a greatly improved economy under Clinton and funding by Congress for federal funds for local police had greater impact than 5ft 2in Giuliani. That man will take credit for my Aunt's apple pie, for crying aloud.
If you really were in NY during the Clinton Administration, then you know that Clinton was hostile to Giuliani, and constantly harassed the NYPD for their aggressive tactics. This reached a frenzy when Hilary was running for Senator against Giuliani, before Giuliani pulled out of the race thanks to his ex wife.

The Clinton Administration worked hard to discredit Mayor Giuliani, and to this day we still see people bad mouthing him despite his many accomplishments in cleaning up Times Square and other neighborhoods, standing up to the city unions and holding down costs and bringing down crime.

Now you have a far left, anti-business pro-union Mayor who is going to destroy the city, right back to what Mayor Lindsay did to it in the old days when they methodically destroyed safe middle class neighborhoods by inserting welfare families on every block, and methodically destroyed the nation's finest school system through forced integration which resulted in white flight that bankrupted the city. Great job.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:24 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,996,994 times
What is mind boggling is that they are destroying businesses that are owned by or employ black residents.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:25 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Cry me a river. Darren Wilson can get over his trauma and his life can change for the better. All Michael Brown can do is lie there and rot. His life was the only one that changed forever.
He wouldnt have to rot if he wouldnt have robbed a store, rushed a cop, and tried to get the cop's gun, now would he? Its typical for people like you to look past the root cause.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:30 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What you all do not understand,esp Don, is that black kids are 3 times more likely to be punished than white kids,and judged harshly too.

For example..white kid on drugs= sympathy and rehab
black kid on drugs= druggie and jail.

Get it?

They are never judged as individuals,but as a group who all have the same thought and values.

White people are NEVER judged over the actions of 1.

Nobody ever says.. All white women must act like Mama June and date child molesters.
Those ar some good points jerseygal.
The grouping thing.
I've seen it.
It does exist.
Sadly, the rioting and their conscious choice of this mayhem, just put some of the blacks into more grouping.

And your comment about Child Molesters, was just plain weird.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:30 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,906,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
That poor Police Officer, Darren Wilson was just doing his job.

And had to deal with Michael Brown, a criminal and thug.

And that officers life has changed forever.
His job is to protect and serve his community.
Which he was doing
AND
Scientific evidence proved it
ALONG WITH
Witness's retracting their accounts.

Michael Brown came after that Police Officer, who stood alone.
And he did what any of us would of done being a police officer or a just a person in that situation.

I am sick and tired of all this race relation garbage.
[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/eeID5zF6TxMYMH4rR-0vhN*49i0u-maz39J3Sr1b3qbNlnQ6pqp62J6X3Jpy3miqLXA1E4qz8n84GuC eKaoHuydHh0tDJqD6/100troll_gif1_.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-25-2014, 08:31 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Cry me a river. Darren Wilson can get over his trauma and his life can change for the better. All Michael Brown can do is lie there and rot. His life was the only one that changed forever.
Michael Brown was headed for a life in prison. Not much of a life there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events