Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 10:17 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
WHy do non-Europeans have to FOLLOW YOUR way?

Who says your WAY is the right way?
So the black way is to not get educated, not get married, and not be a contributor to society

Your words not mine......

Old 11-25-2014, 10:19 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Terrific amount of destruction in Ferguson. 25 businesses destroyed. Looting and vandalism - what a shame for the law abiding people in the community.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:20 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
He will just tell you his statistics are better then your statistics and continue to believe what he wants.

When people brag about the numbers of black people committing crimes and being sent to prison as if their favorite team won a game, it lets me know all I really need to know about that person.

They will never understand that these are just the results of a system that was created to produce these types of results. "Hey! Let's take all the money, jobs, education and opportunities out of certain communities and let them fall prey to drugs, despair and turmoil and then act surprised when the people living there are caught up in a vicious cycle of broken families, crime, and unemployment."

Old 11-25-2014, 10:21 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It was originally being reported that the rioters would target other parts of the county. They practically barricaded the county police headquarters, a lot of businesses closed early, schools we're called off today, and they blocked some of the streets ahead of Bob McCullah reading the indictment. I've read that the National Guard wasn't immediately in Ferguson because they were expecting riots elsewhere.

But then for whatever reason they decided to burn down their own neighborhood and steal from their neighbors. It's still horrible what they did, but I am glad it didn't end up being the businesses in my neighborhood that got looted or burned down.

LOL, which goes to show you the mentality of these people.

Who does this?

Old 11-25-2014, 10:23 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
The reality is lynch mobs attempted to influence grand Jury before and domestic terror attacks occurred after the grand jury reported. Government has failed to prepare enough or do what is required to enforce laws like always. Ferguson burned while they made speeches and fiddled is reality. There were no surprises.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:24 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Why do you all keep repeating this false concept that no one talks about? What do you think people who live in the cities where this violence is happening are seeing on tv every day? What do you think our discussions are about at night? What do you think that all of the things that people do in regards to the murders are simply inaction? The question is why do you think that no one talks about it?

You think that inner city crime is why people have guns? Most people with guns don't live in inner cities and are in little to no danger of running into people running around with illegal weapons from the inner city.

Get to grips with it's inner demons? Ok, when white people come to grips with their part of the homicide rate and how it is exponentially hirer than say Asians then we can talk but we don't. We don't talk about the fact that with little to no white slaves, no Anti-white Jim Crow, not as much of an impact from crack abuse on the white community as a whole, and the multitude of other things that are factual and did impact the possible growth of blacks in America they still fall behind Asians in every category used to judge blacks and often hispanics. The same tactics that one would use to combat the growing meth and heroine problem, rape stats for white men as well as homicides committed by white people are the same things needed in the black community. If you're really so convinced that a difference can be made, how about we address the criminal element as whole? Th eproblem in the black community is discussed ad nauseum.

My skin color makes me no less a respectable member of society than a white meth head's makes him respectable. Is his community being chastised for his irresponsible part in society? Hell no.

Also, dark skinned President? Bwhaha If he is dark skinned then I must blend in with chalkboards (side note: I don't but Barack is barely cafe au lait so your description is false as well). Barack has come out time and time again against (or for depending on how you view his comments) the black community in the name of "truth".
This is a rambling kind of comment and it's hard to see what your main point is. It sounds as though you believe that society, including the black citizenry, fully recognize the socio-economic problems that plague the lower income black communities. Further you feel we need to talk about all crime and not isolate it to black crime (despite disproportionate involvement of blacks in crimes). Finally you feel Obama is not black enough (?) and says stuff... not sure what you mean.

In fact, people do NOT talk about crime, at least publicly, because it would be politically incorrect, and insensitive to our friends of color, etc. etc. etc.

Here's an article in American Thinker a few months ago that outlines the reluctance of mainstream society to discuss race and crime in the U.S. Baltimore has a huge crime rate that is downplayed by the municipal authorities so as not to offend or alarm the masses.

In fact Baltimore according to news reports in recent days now has the 5th highest crime rates in the country. Why Baltimore? What is it about that beautiful, cultural and historical city that causes so much trouble? It's peopled with professionals and federal bureaucrats. Plus a large neighborhood of low income black people, which is where much of the violent crime originates.

It will take courageous municipal and national leadership to expose these problems to the light of day, and begin to solve them. I favor a two pronged approach: first, enforce the laws and throw the crooks in jail, and secondly focus on economic development to give the youth population an alternative to street life.

Unlike what the cowardly mayor of Baltimore has done in actually looking the other way and pretending the problems don't exist, we have to talk about our problems which is the first step toward solving them.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:24 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
That "poor police officer" should NEVER have been a PUBLIC PEACE OFFICER if he was unable to subdue an unarmed man without shooting him 12 times and murdering him, leaving his body out on the street in sweltering heat for hours and hours.

That is a disgrace, and I have no sympathy for someone with such a blatant disregard for human life. I would call him something distasteful, as so many have done to protesters, but that won't get us anywhere.

Mr. Wilson deserves his new painful life and I honestly feel bad for those people indoctrinated to support him for whatever odd reasons.

I think you're misguided about the job. This kid was huge and very powerful. Not everyone we come in contact with is our physical match. Police officers are allowed by law to use force as needed to do their job. That thug was about to over power him and take his gun. At that point it's up to the police officer to utilize what ever tool is in his or her possession to do his or her job. You can try to spin this anyway you want but the facts are the facts. It's a tragic end to a very stupid decision on Michael Brown's choice. The facts are the facts whether the haters want to accept it or not. Again, why aren't they rioting every time some gang banger thug kills one of their own or an innocent child in the hood? The fact that it becomes a black and white issue because the white police officer did what he had to do to survive is pathetic and a huge reflection on the intelligence level of some of these hater protestors. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:26 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
That "poor police officer" should NEVER have been a PUBLIC PEACE OFFICER if he was unable to subdue an unarmed man without shooting him 12 times and murdering him, leaving his body out on the street in sweltering heat for hours and hours.

That is a disgrace, and I have no sympathy for someone with such a blatant disregard for human life. I would call him something distasteful, as so many have done to protesters, but that won't get us anywhere.

Mr. Wilson deserves his new painful life and I honestly feel bad for those people indoctrinated to support him for whatever odd reasons.
First off, he wasnt shot 12 times. Where do you get your news, the National Inquirer? lol

Secondly, the victim had just robbed a store. Why defend a robber?

Thirdly, he ignored warnings. Big time no-no.

And lastly, he rushed the cop and tried to grab his guns. Evidence shows this.

So why in the heck would you side with a theiving, lawless criminal and blame the cop for acting in self defense? Why?

And leaving his body in the street for hours might sound inhumane, but when theres a shooting, it can take hours for CSI and evidence technicians to complete their work before the body can be removed. It wasnt done as an act of disrespect, or whatever it is you think.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:28 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
I was very disappointed that when Pres Obama came on TV asking for peaceful demonstrations he did not say' The Grand Jury has spoken". The way he was talking I expected him to appoint a Federal Prosecutor right then.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:29 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
They will never understand that these are just the results of a system that was created to produce these types of results. "Hey! Let's take all the money, jobs, education and opportunities out of certain communities and let them fall prey to drugs, despair and turmoil and then act surprised when the people living there are caught up in a vicious cycle of broken families, crime, and unemployment."

While I won't argue that this has indeed happened, I think it's been "reversed" by now, hasn't it?

I would think that now there are many more opportunities and resources for these certain communities and has been for at least 20 years or so.

At what point does the cycle start to change?

Not being snarky but this is really the only way I see there being "racial equality" (or at least as close as we're likely to get).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events