Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 09:19 PM

23,225 posts, read 29,061,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
White people don't riot, they just give in.
In other countries, violent protests are much more tolerated, but Americans will always have a horror of protests that turn violent. Even those protesters in other countries blocking freeways and freeway ramps.

I think of the bus fare increases they passed in Brazil, last year. Scattered protests all over Brazil, just over bus fare increases. And they won!

I was in Argentina, 7 years ago, the farmers had roads blockaded all over Argentina, and I got caught up in them. What a difference, how much more tolerant they were down there! Same with the protests that have gone on in France or Greece!

There's an underlying message to what happened in Ferguson, recently: We always end up paying for the sins of our fathers!

Old 11-25-2014, 09:28 PM

186 posts, read 240,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Michael Brown's mother is on this video shouting profanities and his stepfather telling the crowd "Burn this b*tch down!" after grand jury's decision was announced. I'm not surprised MB grew up to be a thug. The apple down didn't fall far from the tree.

Heartbroken Michael Brown's Mother Reacts To Verdict

More like the manure landed close to the cow...

Old 11-25-2014, 09:28 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,208,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I don't condone her actions or what she did, but I am not going to act like a mother that just lost her child isn't supposed to be enraged. Like I said before even if you disagree with her, anyone that is in her position would probably be just as angry, whether you agree with her view point or not.
Disagree. I have known mothers whose kids got involved in bad things and got killed. These mothers did not get enraged or seek retribution against the police doing their job. They knew their sons.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:41 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,823 times
That's hardly true. Time and again men will admit that their mother's were the primary influence in their lives. In some cases mothers can be particularly controlling and domineering, and therefore a negative influence. God knows that many men go off the rails because of the way their mothers (mis)treated them throughout their childhood. If only we could know the truth of the relationship between MB and his dad and his step-dad -- the latter in particular doesn't inspire much admiration from what I've seen.

Quote:
You know what I am sure you did a good job with raising your kids, but let's not be fooled, you know as well as I do, that teaching your kids the right things and raising them right does not always mean they will make good choices. I am in no way suggesting that she is a good mother, because I honestly don't know, but I think it's difficult to say oh well this is her fault. I certainly believe it's possible, but I would blame the men in his life more than anything because they are more likely to have influence over a boy than any woman would.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:45 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
You know what I am sure you did a good job with raising your kids, but let's not be fooled, you know as well as I do, that teaching your kids the right things and raising them right does not always mean they will make good choices. I am in no way suggesting that she is a good mother, because I honestly don't know, but I think it's difficult to say oh well this is her fault. I certainly believe it's possible, but I would blame the men in his life more than anything because they are more likely to have influence over a boy than any woman would.
You are making excuses for him and them. I already said IF my kids grew up thugs despite what I taught them, and ended up being killed in a confrontation with a cop, I would be sad that they those that life and I would apologize to the cop. I would not be enraged and I would not be inciting riots. It wouldn't happen.

It's pretty obvious to me that Michael Brown grew up watching his mother and stepfather (who WAS the male in his life) modeling this kind of behavior and he grew up to be just like them.

And the stepfather apologizing after the fact. Yeah, that means nothing. That wasn't a moment of rage that made him say that; he has been thinking it all along and it's where his head is. He wants street justice.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:51 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
anyone remember Joe Ferguson who played QB for the Bills?

Old 11-25-2014, 10:05 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,755,733 times
Yes and it should be titled " How that screaming tool Lawerence Odonnell tried to get me indicted".

Old 11-25-2014, 10:07 PM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
I wouldn't doubt it. Although it's not like he needs the cash with his 300k in "donations."

Old 11-25-2014, 10:09 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,585,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
I'm disgusted by some of the things you just said woman, have you lost your damn mind? Nobody body down playing Mike Brown part in this situation but he ran AWAY from the officer. If he had shot once or twice to I could maybe understand. You tell me why he had to shoot all them damn times? That damn cop started with those young men for WALKING IN THE STREET. Shooting him that many times was UNJUSTIFIED and you know it. By the way you're right racist come in all colors but do you know how hard it is for a black person to be a racist being what we've been going thru for over 400years till this day ourselves. Most black would never treat others the way we have been treated for such a LONG time. You need to look up the definition of racism and/or racist and tell what the hell the average black person would get out of being a racist. By the way who started racism? Ask your self that. Also ask your self why is it MOST of the time its black men getting murdered by cops? We hardly ever if ever hear this happening to white kids? You know why because white folks would not tolerate it and somebody would have a price to pay. A black life means nothing in this country and you know it. I'M PISSED
wrong wrong wrong. you were born black, quit blaming it on everything and overcome it. I'm not naive enough to think its not harder being black, but its harder being a woman or being short or being fat. guess what you need to wake up and put you big boy pants on. get over all this race bs and move on. Nobody hasn't treated you bad for 400 years. you haven't been alive that long. quit being a victim, and start being an overcomer. As for the cop unloading his gun, thats training, and its pretty clear u never hunted or killed anything. you keep shooting until its clear you have fatally wounded the target. guess what if Brown kept moving another clip would have been put in, and another 15 shots fired. He attacked the cop. Quit reading propaganda, and read the witness statements and the physical evidence.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,823 times
It's funny how people like you seem to think that whites will inherently rule in favor of the person of the same skin color in these kinds of situations, yet you then imply that blacks would do the same if they were the majority of jury members -- but this would be perfectly fine because in your mind "justice" would be served. When I read ignorant posts such as yours, in a way I wish that DW would have been indicted, then in the ensuing trial all of the evidence would, hopefully, be covered by the national media every day, and all of the "witnesses" would have to take the stand where they would have to publicly air their wildly conflicting accounts and be exposed for what they really are. What might also come to light are the really issues in Ferguson, which up until now the media has conveniently avoided by sticking to their tired old leftist script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Still.................can't help wondering if the "Grand Jury," would have been comprised of 6 whites and 6 blacks, the outcome would have been different. I knew which way it was going when they announced that it took 9 jurors for a verdict.............9 were white. Go figure. The DA said the jury had been picked previous to this crime. O.K.; is that fair? Seems like the deck was stacked, from the beginning. I hope that the people were fair; I have a horrible feeling that their minds were closed and made up before they even began deliberating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events