Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 08:47 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

I can't even watch any more of this disgusting fiasco on TV any more, it makes me sick. A bunch of low class losers who have zero respect for themselves or any one else.

Let them burn their own neighborhoods to the ground, but if the Government steps in to help rebuild that area I will be the one out protesting !

Don

Old 11-25-2014, 08:48 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I can't even watch any more of this disgusting fiasco on TV any more, it makes me sick. A bunch of low class losers who have zero respect for themselves or any one else.

Let them burn their own neighborhoods to the ground, but if the Government steps in to help rebuild that area I will be the one out protesting !

Don
Why don't you have a problem when white people do this to white neighborhoods?

Hypocrisy.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:48 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
No, I don't have much experience with guns. That's just not something I have an interest in. However, that doesn't make me some naive little poster on the internet who doesn't know how things work "in the real world." My husband was a sharp shooter in the military and participated in William Tell competitions regularly.

Anyone with decent gun skills could manage not to shoot to kill. Rarely is the intended target so far away that the only thing you can hit is the torso. A good shot to a knee or leg will just as easily get a criminal target down so they can be arrested.

If you can't understand that, then I'm glad you aren't cops.
You are displaying your naivete, they are trained to shot center mass to stop the threat. If the bad guy dies, it's his own fault.
A sharpshooter in the military has lots of time to carefully pick out his target, he doesn't have a wild, crazy thug charging at full speed towards him with the intent to kill.
Now go tell your husband what you said and he will find you quite amusing...
Don't lose any sleep, the world is better off..

Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
he doesn't have a wild, crazy thug charging at full speed towards him with the intent to kill.
No proof that happened.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 PM

4,316 posts, read 4,203,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
it's hard to really judge the mother
Didn't another story break that the mother beat up her Mother-In-Law? Putting your hands on another human being is assault-and-battery, according to Criminal Law. Is it not?

Under this whole LAO chaos and political cluster-****, where you have the despicable and uber-aggressive Civil Division of Justice Dept lurking around, local prosecutor surely ain't touching this case with a ten-foot pole.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:00 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
The Nature Of Destructive Protesting
. . .
When the so-called moral leaders call for justice on behalf of evil doers, and spew blatant lies to instigate rioting and pillaging, it may appear to be irrational. But there is a logic to their action. It is their way of demonstrating their power.

“He who can destroy a thing, controls a thing.”

By their display of destructive power, they mark their territorial boundaries. Thus they can extort special treatment, settlements, benefits and bribes. You didn’t really believe they wanted justice, did you?

Organized rioting is a naked display of power, and those who have no “mob” or organized cooperative force to counter them are the vanquished.

In the coming months, you shall see the innocent punished and the guilty rewarded. For evil commands them, and they know no shame.

- - /// - -

Old 11-25-2014, 09:05 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Didn't another story break that the mother beat up her Mother-In-Law? Putting your hands on another human being is assault-and-battery, according to Criminal Law. Is it not?

Under this whole LAO chaos and political cluster-****, where you have the despicable and uber-aggressive Civil Division of Justice Dept lurking around, local prosecutor surely ain't touching this case with a ten-foot pole.
Why did you cut out the rest of my sentence? You are taking my point out of context. It was clear, that I was speaking about that particular moment and nothing else. Please don't be ignorant here. I don't condone her actions or what she did, but I am not going to act like a mother that just lost her child isn't supposed to be enraged. Like I said before even if you disagree with her, anyone that is in her position would probably be just as angry, whether you agree with her view point or not.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
If I recall right, they found no drugs or alcohol in his system.
I could be recalling wrong though.
Marijuana was found in his system. No other drugs or alcohol.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:08 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I have three adult kids. They were raised to know the difference between right and wrong and to respect authority. They don't act like thugs. They don't rob stores. They don't assault store owners. They don't taunt police. They wouldn't be in this situation. And if they grew up to be thugs despite the way I raised them, I can honestly tell you that no, I would not want all hell to break loose. There would be no rage, only sadness. If my kid did that, I would apologize to the officer. And I'm not just saying that. And I am a hell of a lot better parent than Michael Brown's mother and stepfather.

His body was left on the street for hours because that's what happens when there is a scene where forensics are needed. It's ridiculous for people to say/think the police just left him in the street for no reason. Moving him would have destroyed evidence. THEN people like you would be screaming about the police trying to alter the crime scene. I thought everyone knew that everything had to stay just like it is until the crime scene is processed.
You know what I am sure you did a good job with raising your kids, but let's not be fooled, you know as well as I do, that teaching your kids the right things and raising them right does not always mean they will make good choices. I am in no way suggesting that she is a good mother, because I honestly don't know, but I think it's difficult to say oh well this is her fault. I certainly believe it's possible, but I would blame the men in his life more than anything because they are more likely to have influence over a boy than any woman would.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:17 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Default Will officer Darren Wilson write a book?

In the tradition of those who become media 'sensations,' do you think that officer Darren Wilson will soon write an autobiography to include his version of what happened?

He's already making the television interview circuit, why not right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events