Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 11:17 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longslim View Post
I understand police officer have a right to protect themself, they must be able to without fear of retribution. But when you shoot someone a 153 feet away five/six times out of fear and not use any discretion smh. But he's still died and that not changing ever and the officeir will be alright I'm sure of that. I feel for those poor dumb blacks who really thought he would be indicted. How utterly naive are they, almost like children in their lack of understanding of the crimnal justice system.
Get your facts straight. I wasn't 153 ft. Read the posts from knowledgable people who have good reading comprehension and understanding. And how patronizing are your words about "these poor dumb blacks......."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
My God the media questions inside the press room are retarded. Most of them aren't even questions, they're activist style statements and baiting rhetoric. They have a preconceived conclusion that this is injustice ... Much like the crowd outside who began protesting before the presenter had even finished summarizing the decision.
Good post. And you surprised at the preconceived conclusions and the retarded media.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
This proves what I said all along. Michael Brown got Micgael Brown killed. Had he simply followed the officers commands, he would still be alive today. Color it any way you wish, he made bad decisions in life which ultimately cost him his life.

Case closed.
I feel bad that a young man is dead but facts are facts. He reaped what he sowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
He was not 153 feet away from Wilson, he was 153 feet away from Wilson's car.

Brown ran, Wilson chased after him, Brown turned around and began moving towards Wilson, one witness even stated that Brown was charging Wilson. People need to stop letting the DailyKOS do their thinking for them. That assumption was that Wilson was standing by his car shooting, which doesn't mesh with what the prosecutor stated.

Wilson was not standing by his vehicle when he began firing, based on what the prosecutor stated, Wilson pursued Brown, didn't fire again until Brown turned back towards him and began moving his way.

It also seems that most of the witnesses that came out in the media early on were basically full of crap and their stories didn't match the physical evidence.
you are not going to changed any mind that was already made up. It is astonishing to me how some people are so biased and close minded. For myself, I would have been perfectly willing to have been proven wrong that Officer Wilson acted outside of the law because, if there was proof, so be it and he should be punished. But, the facts didn't show that.

Quote:
nightcrawler.....old enough to smoke cigars and knock the store owner over....................yeah, a boy.... LOL
And sadly, too young to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Well, so far not much has happened from the protester side, just a little looting which probably would have happened anyway on an ordinary night in that area.

The cops are maneuvering and shooting tear gas for no particular reason, I guess just on general principles.
Sarcasm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Gunshots fired, police car destroyed........other than that, its all good.
Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
They are using tear gas because the thugs are vandalizing police cars, throwing bottles, etc.
Sarcasm

All the sarcasm posts are for those who need the instruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
would have been nice if obama making his speech would have given a shout out to Officer Wilson, he didn't even tell his fans to not do harm to Officer Wilson, he was again empathizing with his fans..
This. Most of all. He just couldn't do it, could he? He couldn't reach out a hand.......I don't know what the 'morrow holds for this country but, I will be glad when this man and his crew are gone, hopefully, into obscurity though I doubt it. He will be out there, wreaking havoc and spreading unrest, never understaanding that he held the whole country in his hands and he was too narrow minded to use it for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yep. I just said the same thing on a thread on the Missouri forum. Obama was busy sympathizing with the thug's parents and supporters and ignored the fact that a police officer had to kill a thug in self defense. It's bad enough when half the population is stupid, but our president too?....snipped...
Careful there, luzianne, or we will calling you Gruber......lol...we ain't all stupid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
In the time span of events that you describe I wonder how many young black males have been killed by other young black males? That is the question that should be answered.
Excellent question. And we should be addressing it. Letting in 20,000 illegals to take what jobs there are is not the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Seen it. So what? He deserves to get killed?

A lot of kids shoplift. He made a poor choice. We all make poor choices at times. This is not even related to the cop killing him anyways.

But now everyone who steals something has to die? I think most Americans would be dead. I stole candy when i was 6 yo. Kill me too?
If you grew up to be a bully, you would probably end up dead. I have a grandson who is as large as this young man was. I watched my grandson start using his size to intimidate people. Thank goodness, we all started to calling him on it and it stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well how is that working out, releasing it at night? Not too good I would say.

As I just posted it is being discussed on CNN right now as to how foolish it was to release it at night.

Maybe you should ask some of the folks who work in the stores like Walgreens and other places what they think about the timing of the verdict. They're out of jobs now.
No matter when the announced it, they were planning to riot. You are very naive if you dont see that. Walgreen's would have been looted whenever, blame the looters not the officials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
When you think about it, that video is the ONLY piece of evidence that we arm chair CD jurors have to make an educated guess as to why MB was shot.
Oh brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The only evidence that we've seen personally, perhaps. But not the only evidence that has been disclosed/explained to us. For instance, the prosecuting attorney spoke of the witness statements made to the grand jury that were inconsistent with the physical evidence as seen by the autopsy. Additionally, we were told of the medical needs of Officer Wilson following the attack. There was other "evidence" as well that is available online.
Don't bother trying to be reasonable and point out facts to some people. They just wouldn't get it. Their minds slammed shut by the first network news story that hit the airways.......

Old 11-24-2014, 11:19 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,089,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I'm guessing they are not being allowed to do anything because that would look RACIST and the nation is watching.
During the LA Riots, we watched the police back away from Florence and Normandy and after that it seemed like they were thin on the ground. They couldn't win for losing at that point.

I pray for all the innocent people in that area. Truly a terrible time.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:31 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
I went through the LA Riots too and remember that curfew and the National Guard. It was a scary few days, but yes, things did quiet down.

That's right. It quieted down once the dusk curfew was put in place.

Yes, it was annoying to have be in your house by sundown for a couple of days, but it got the area back to normal.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:32 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,691,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
So a police officer is allowed to defend himself from being attacked and the protestors don't like that.
They don't care about Michael Brown or the decision not to indict officer Wilson. They believe whatever they want to believe. That's why they looted and rioted right after Brown was shot. They didn't build any of these buildings so they have no respect for the loss and damage of property.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:32 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
There is a much ezr way to handle this... (I just returned from 8 months in Thailand (my first military coup).

Freedom comes at an very expensive cost (lives, attorney fees, and lost 'rights' of all)

There are other alternatives, but they are not Freedom as we (USA) has come to know it.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:43 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,691,740 times
What pisses me off is these lowlifes left a lot of good working people jobless by burning down businesses such as Little Caesars, Walgreens, and who knows what else. It's not easy to find a job nowadays.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:53 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
What pisses me off is these lowlifes left a lot of good working people jobless by burning down businesses such as Little Caesars, Walgreens, and who knows what else. It's not easy to find a job nowadays.
Exactly, and in a town that size how many jobs have now been lost?

Walgreens, Auto Zone, etc may say "no way" on rebuilding there. After the LA riots there were storefronts that just sat empty and burned out for years.

I remember a black man on the news who was called an Uncle Tom by the rioters in 92. His reply was "well even Uncle Tom was smart enough not to burn down his own cabin".

Old 11-24-2014, 11:54 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Is the BB already up??

If so, ummm, sure didn't work too well.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:55 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
It's not hard to find a job, the problem is the salary is not much better than someone collecting benefits. Soon the large number of immigrants gaining working paper will put even more people out of work and into the life of crime and welfare.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:06 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's right. It quieted down once the dusk curfew was put in place.

Yes, it was annoying to have be in your house by sundown for a couple of days, but it got the area back to normal.
These are two completely different events. 52 people died in the LA riots... Thousands more were injured... A billion dollars in damages were done.

How many people died in the August protests? Zero. How many were injured? Maybe 4, but nothing serious. There weren't curfews at sundown because there was no reason for such measures when the protests were mostly peacefully and were only in a very small part of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events