Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 09:32 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,568,295 times

Advertisements

Ruby Ridge, Waco, Elian sent back to communism by Jackboot Janet, cops beating a homeless man to death in Orange County, cops shooting hundreds of rounds into a pickup truck in Torrance mistaking two small hispanic women for a 300 lb black man, cops shooting at a surfer guy a block a way at that same time, CHP beating up a black woman, cop departments all over getting MRAPs. This Ferguson thing is not the only thing but we are watching. Not sure about you but I had enough of statism.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:33 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I don't think so. If that was the case they could have said we will be announcing the verdict at 5pm to let employers let their employees go home at 3pm.

And do you really think people who live in the area feel safe at home right now?

And not everyone works jobs that end at 5pm. How about a restaurant server or a hospital worker getting off a shift and having to drive through or near this mess.

It was done on purpose.

Knowing what the verdict was, knowing at night the troublemakers would be out.

This is like not knowing the end result of a car driving a 100mph into a brick wall.

The troublemakers would be out "protesting" whether the verdict was read at 2pm, 5pm, or midnight. By giving the verdict later in the evening it gives those who want to get home safely the chance to get home safely. People shouldn't have to take vacation time, or sick time from work in order to do so. No, not everyone works 9-5, but plenty of people do. There is a reason why traffic is worst at certain times and not others. A lot of businesses in the area closed early, so those who work retail or at restaurants were also able to get home since a lot of the business closed by 6pm.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:36 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Good going, continued destruction of their own neighborhood many black owned businesses sounds like a good plan. Notice the same pattern as every protest involving race.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:39 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
would have been nice if obama making his speech would have given a shout out to Officer Wilson, he didn't even tell his fans to not do harm to Officer Wilson, he was again empathizing with his fans..
Yep. I just said the same thing on a thread on the Missouri forum. Obama was busy sympathizing with the thug's parents and supporters and ignored the fact that a police officer had to kill a thug in self defense. It's bad enough when half the population is stupid, but our president too?

Also, how dumb ARE these people? I was watching the announcement live and when he said the grand jury found no reason to indict Darren Wilson, they all had no expressions and were still listening to hear the decision, not realizing he'd already said it. I don't think we are dealing with the highest IQ people here.

And what happened to "Violence and destruction of property will not be tolerated"? Seems like it is being tolerated; no one is doing anything. They should give the police authority to arrest, shoot, or do whatever they have to do to stop these people.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:42 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Ruby Ridge, Waco, Elian sent back to communism by Jackboot Janet, cops beating a homeless man to death in Orange County, cops shooting hundreds of rounds into a pickup truck in Torrance mistaking two small hispanic women for a 300 lb black man, cops shooting at a surfer guy a block a way at that same time, CHP beating up a black woman, cop departments all over getting MRAPs. This Ferguson thing is not the only thing but we are watching. Not sure about you but I had enough of statism.
In the time span of events that you describe I wonder how many young black males have been killed by other young black males? That is the question that should be answered.

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
This is sad. Why would I, as a business owner, consider opening up shop in Ferguson if this is what I have to look forward to when a grand jury decides, based on facts/law and not on emotions, not to indict a police officer in a shooting incident? Completely ridiculous.

Yes, I understand that emotions are raw. But, and aside from the fact that much of the anger is based off of misinformation and a failure to reason with the record, that is no reason to destroy your own (or any other) community. We are a nation of laws. By engaging in lawlessness (ironically, in response to your anger over police "lawlessness") you are no better than those you accuse, rightly or wrongly, of violating rights.

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

good, this is what it was supposed to be.

Michael Brown was a criminal, and now the world has one less criminal.

This post is disgusting. He was a KID.

Must be nice inside that B&W world. . . . I'm sure you've never even driven over the spead limit.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:46 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The troublemakers would be out "protesting" whether the verdict was read at 2pm, 5pm, or midnight. By giving the verdict later in the evening it gives those who want to get home safely the chance to get home safely. People shouldn't have to take vacation time, or sick time from work in order to do so. No, not everyone works 9-5, but plenty of people do. There is a reason why traffic is worst at certain times and not others. A lot of businesses in the area closed early, so those who work retail or at restaurants were also able to get home since a lot of the business closed by 6pm.

Not quite. Darkness brings out a certain element.

This was a given that is what the reaction would be if it was released at night, and look what is happening.

The reason the LA riots of 92 were brought under control(I know I was there) was due to a curfew imposed at sundown, that is what got it under control. For many nights Ferguson was under a midnight curfew, which was fruitless. The riots continued. In fact the riots in Ferguson went on longer than the ones in LA did, what's wrong with that equation? It took longer to get a town under control than a major city.

This wasn't handled properly. You don't release the verdict at night, period.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:46 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
This post is disgusting. He was a KID.

Must be nice inside that B&W world. . . . I'm sure you've never even driven over the spead limit.
Heres a great video of the "kid" that you are defending.

Raw Video: Surveillance video believed to show Michael Brown robbing convenience store | FOX2now.com

Old 11-24-2014, 09:47 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
This proves what I said all along. Michael Brown got Micgael Brown killed. Had he simply followed the officers commands, he would still be alive today. Color it any way you wish, he made bad decisions in life which ultimately cost him his life.

Case closed.

This case proves a lot of things. The above post is not one of them.

Case far from closed. . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events