Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 10:05 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well it is being discussed right now on CNN on how dumb it was to release the verdict at night.
I don't know. From my perspective, its better to release the verdict at night, when most reasonable people are at home as opposed to during the day when more of the public would be at the mercy of the mob. Seems like a pretty smart decision to me. These rioters have already shown that they have no regard for basic decency. Why should the decision have been release at a time when more people would be at risk?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:05 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Seen it. So what? He deserves to get killed?

A lot of kids shoplift. He made a poor choice. We all make poor choices at times. This is not even related to the cop killing him anyways.

But now everyone who steals something has to die? I think most Americans would be dead. I stole candy when i was 6 yo. Kill me too?
If all he had done was shoplift I would give him some benefit. Did you watch the entire tape? He did not JUST shoplift. He put his hands around the store owners neck and pushed him back. Then charged him. He behaved like a 300 lb. thug.

I don't think he deserved to die from his actions but I do believe he put himself in the situation that got him killed. I think he likely behaved with the officer the same way he behaved with the store owner and that got him killed. Obviously, the grand jury agrees.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:07 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,691,740 times
O'Reilly Auto Parts on fire. They stole dey rims and now they've torched the place.

See a pattern here to the places they are entering: liquor, rims, weaves, cell phones, greasy fast food, and so on.

I don't think they are likely to break into the library tonight, do you?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:07 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
This video speaks volumes as to what occurred between MB and DW. MB is no kid and yes he got exactly what he deserved.

That video has nothing to do w the shooting. Its merely an excuse to justify killing a 19yo. A teenager is still a "kid"

Old 11-24-2014, 10:10 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well how is that working out, releasing it at night? Not too good I would say.

As I just posted it is being discussed on CNN right now as to how foolish it was to release it at night.

Maybe you should ask some of the folks who work in the stores like Walgreens and other places what they think about the timing of the verdict. They're out of jobs now.
You really think that their would have been no protests or riots if the indictment had been released at 3pm instead of 8pm? That people would have been like... "Oh, he's not being charged? Well... the sun is out, guess I'll have to wait another few hours to start raging... guess I'll just go home and watch some Judge Judy."

Uh, no. They would have still burned the police cars, the Little Caesars, the storage units, the Walgreens, the meat market, the beauty store.... Except at 3pm there would have been more then just the protesters and police out on the streets. There would have been kids going home from school, people trying to get home from work safely... And whoever else is just out and about at 3pm a few days before Thanksgiving.

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
If all he had done was shoplift I would give him some benefit. Did you watch the entire tape? He did not JUST shoplift. He put his hands around the store owners neck and pushed him back. Then charged him. He behaved like a 300 lb. thug.

I don't think he deserved to die from his actions but I do believe he put himself in the situation that got him killed. I think he likely behaved with the officer the same way he behaved with the store owner and that got him killed. Obviously, the grand jury agrees.
Right. He didn't just shoplift. He committed strong arm robbery. He was not the "gentle giant" his family tried to portray him as.

After deliberating for 25 days and listening to witness testimony that was inconsistent with the physical evidence (and with an understanding of the self defense laws and police use of force laws of Missouri), the grand jury decided not to indict. End of story.

By the way, the fact that he committed strong arm robbery is relevant to the conversation for one big reason. No, the police officer didn't initially stop Brown on suspicion of the robbery. The officer did, however, notice the stolen cigars in Brown's pocket during the initial stop, which was for walking down the middle of the street. Given that, Wilson knew he had stopped a dangerous individual (he was aware from police scanners of what occurred to the shop owner). That's why the robbery is relevant.

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I don't know. From my perspective, its better to release the verdict at night, when most reasonable people are at home as opposed to during the day when more of the public would be at the mercy of the mob. Seems like a pretty smart decision to me. These rioters have already shown that they have no regard for basic decency. Why should the decision have been release at a time when more people would be at risk?

Sorry disagree, I understand what you're saying, but it always gets worse at night.

This could have been handled much better. An announcement is made that the verdict is going to be read at a certain time(while it is still daylight) and giving people options to close businesses early or leave work early. So they would be home early.

Many of these "protestors" wouldn't be doing all this with the sun out.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:12 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Smart man. The worst happened. The protestors burned the town down and looted everything and the American people look at the black population like a bunch of criminals. What a shame, but that is the real outcome. The cop was right in protecting himself of course, but the reaction tells it all. Remember, this is the 300lb man that was the attacker.

1,384 posts, read 2,691,740 times
Take careful note of how worthless police are. They stand around doing nothing. Refusing to engage with looters or arsonists. Refusing to protect private property.

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post

Yes, i agree that he was acting like i thug. I in no way condone that behavior.

However, how one acts around an unarmed petite store owner is not indicative of how s/he would react around an armed police officer.

If the grand jury based their decision off this tape then their thought process is obviously flawed. I really hope there was more evidence than what was told to the media. . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events