Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 12:09 AM

779 posts, read 632,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's not hard to find a job, the problem is the salary is not much better than someone collecting benefits. Soon the large number of immigrants gaining working paper will put even more people out of work and into the life of crime and welfare.
It is hard top find a job depending on the area. Have you missed the lines wrapped around the building when a place like McDonald's had an open house?

Old 11-25-2014, 12:10 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Walgreens, Auto Zone, etc may say "no way" on rebuilding there.
Quick Trip has said they plan to rebuild. I wouldn't be surprised if others did as well depending on how profitable the store was before the protests. Are they going to rebuild tomorrow? Of course not, but when every thing settles down? Probably.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Smart man. The worst happened. The protestors burned the town down and looted everything and the American people look at the black population like a bunch of criminals. What a shame, but that is the real outcome. The cop was right in protecting himself of course, but the reaction tells it all. Remember, this is the 300lb man that was the attacker.
It doesn't tell crap. People are idiots if they see black people as criminals because some people have chosen to loot and destroy things. Look at how many protesters there are as opposed to rioters and looters. Look at how many citizens there are in total compared to the people on the streets acting up.

PS

Black people are apart of The American people so I think you mean a different group is dumb enough to sit back and judge the majority by the actions of the minority. It must be nice to be apart of a group that doesn't have that burden put upon its members.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Guilliani was asked about this interveiw, and he said something along the lines of:

When I took office there were (something near) 1000 black on black homocides per year, I brought that down to below 300 (200 something) saving 700+ black lives per year. Have Dyson get back to me when he starts saving black kids.

Wish I had the exact quote, because it was brilliant IMO.
It dropped just like crime everywhere. He is patting himself on the back for what turns out to be a national trend.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
No one will talk about the 800lb gorilla in the room. Blacks, statistically, commit 8x the crime relative to their population totals in the US. You know, I know it, we all know it and whenever someone has the temerity to SPEAK THE TRUTH, they are attacked as racial profilers and racist.

Why? Because the blacks perpetuate their misery by listening to agitators like Sharpton, Holder, and Jackson instead of well informed and smart black AND white civil and business leaders. Quit making excuses. Start standing up and be real citizens and condemn those that tear the blacks down collectively. there are those that make money off the misery. Jackson and Sharpton don't live in the hood. Never have and never will. But, they sure can make aligning out of telling those not doing as well who to blame for it and who owes you money. Deserved or otherwise. Instead of embracing these fools you should castigate them out of society.

Do that and I'll show you a fast healing process where color doesn't really matter but, civility and knowledge are honored and awarded.

It's that simple
I love these posts. People are not sitting back doing nothing and "the blacks"listen to Jesse and Al about as much as white people blindly follow Romney or Cantor. There message happens to align with how some feel about how they are treated and viewed despite the criminal element being a small portion of the black community.

Everyone knows the statistics. It is not the elephant in the room. What people get mad at is being constantly blamed and punished for the mistakes and crimes of others who happen to be their neighbors and who share their race.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Giulliani said that 75% of crime in "his city" was by blacks in black neighborhoods and that white cops who were the predominate colour on the force had to respond to the crimes. I think this is what is going on in most cities and Giulliani was only pointing out the facts.
There is a real problem in the African American community and it is much like the Middle East where a few bozos can walk into a peaceful market and blow it up. My point is is that people seem to accept this violence and don't do too much about it and many in the black communities almost expect their young men to either not make it due to violence or be sitting in prison. Change needs to happen and that starts at home not on the street corner hanging with homies.
Are you sure that no one does any thing about it? No one calls the cops? No one participated in mentoring programs for going people? No one testifies in criminal cases? No one participate in stop the violence protests, community meetings, rallies, candlelight vigils, etc?

Old 11-25-2014, 12:29 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
These are two completely different events. 52 people died in the LA riots... Thousands more were injured... A billion dollars in damages were done.

How many people died in the August protests? Zero. How many were injured? Maybe 4, but nothing serious. There weren't curfews at sundown because there was no reason for such measures when the protests were mostly peacefully and were only in a very small part of town.

Never mind August, look what is happening now. What is going to be left standing in Ferguson when the morning comes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Quick Trip has said they plan to rebuild. I wouldn't be surprised if others did as well depending on how profitable the store was before the protests. Are they going to rebuild tomorrow? Of course not, but when every thing settles down? Probably.
Don't be so sure. Why don't you let those of us who have experienced riots firsthand weigh in. Who saw the ramifications of this kind of behavior. There were many empty burned out shopping centers that weren't rebuilt in South Central LA. I know I worked there and drove through the area for 3yrs after the riots and it still looked the same.

It has also been reported in addition to the many chains like Auto Zone, Taco Bell, Little Caesar's Pizza, etc that black owned independent businesses have been burned down. You think those people can afford to take a hit like that an rebuild, not likely. That is a damn shame.

One of the many complaints after the LA riots was from those who had to drive much further now to get to a supermarket. Why? Because large chains cut their losses and said no to rebuilding.

And no it won't be tomorrow, so what do you suggest all those who are now out of jobs do in the meantime? Many of these people were working low wage jobs, so while they qualify for UE benefits, it won't be much.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why don't you let those of us who have experienced riots firsthand weigh in.
Why don't you let those of us who live here weigh in. I think it's about time you leave your glory days of rioting in LA behind.

Thankfully this situation has not been anything like the LA riots, and hopefully it won't turn into that.

Quote:
And no it won't be tomorrow, so what do you suggest all those who are now out of jobs do in the meantime? Many of these people were working low wage jobs, so while they qualify for UE benefits, it won't be much.
I'm sure places like Quick Trip, Auto Zone, Taco Bell, Little Caesar's etc. would give their employees the option to work at another location... I know at least Quick Trip did in August.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:54 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,990,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
It doesn't tell crap. People are idiots if they see black people as criminals because some people have chosen to loot and destroy things. Look at how many protesters there are as opposed to rioters and looters. Look at how many citizens there are in total compared to the people on the streets acting up.

PS

Black people are apart of The American people so I think you mean a different group is dumb enough to sit back and judge the majority by the actions of the minority. It must be nice to be apart of a group that doesn't have that burden put upon its members.
And it's a minor number of thugs and gangsters responsible for much of the crime, still this riot has a profound effect on reviving old negative stereotypes. One older black guy the BBC spoke to in an article said he didn't want the world viewing Ferguson as a bunch of wild animals. I'm sure he's disappointed, I am too.

This was incredibly dumb to announce the decision at night. They just set a bunch of cars on fires in a car lot and looted the Walgreens awhile ago. There have been shots fired, I hope no one gets hurt. What will be remembered are not the peaceful protests, but this stuff. Why any business would rebuild, I don't know. They set a hair weave store on fire, the owner will likely be heavily impacted by this loss. Burning your own town down, businesses that were supporting Brown, the place where ya have to live, is ridiculously stupid. This is not how civilized people act. This does not help the young black males or folks in general. It's just sad.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:06 AM

Do people think the rioters are vampires?!

I just can't figure out why so many seem to think these protests wouldn't have happened if the indictment was read a few hours earlier. These people have been preparing for this since August. But for some unknown reason the sun was going to stop them?! Like angry rioters #1 was going to turn to his buddies and say " I just can't rage in the sun. I'll just go home and peacefully prepare for the holidays." Yeah... No.

The time of day isn't the problem. The problem is that Nixon claimed to have 400 Nation guards on standby... Where are they? Isn't that why a state of emergency was declared LAST week, so they could be used when needed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events