Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 06:30 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Fail,

that was brought up before, go back a few pages and actually read.
Just went back to page 161 and didn't see any mention of it. And it has not been disproven.

Have you read the court documents?

Edit: One of the witnesses, witness 30, said that DW was firing at MB while he was running away. So that leaves a single witness corroborating all of Wilson's story. And that witness can not answer if Wilson was firing at MB when he was running.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:30 AM

227 posts, read 258,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I'd say calling the looters "scumbags" is a tad harsh. These people were jerked around by the media regarding this case almost from day one. I'd call then naive and easily swayed masses, who were too easily influenced.

The original story which came out in August, when it first broke, was that an unarmed young boy was shot in the back while he had his arms up pleading "don't shoot".

The case turned out to be a lot more complicated than that, and the original story was shown to be in error fairly quickly. Instead of dropping the issue as a national concern, the media just ramped it up for months, promising riots, and using the whole thing to gin up their ratings. The must see TV last Monday were a gold mine for CNN, Fox and MSNBC, rioting is interesting.

The rioters were just part of the unpaid entertainment, agitated to do something they wouldn't have ordinarily.

You hit the nail in the head. Our media has crossed over into socially irresponsible. They feed misinformation in the name of ratings and headlines. They've had multiple opportunities to actually present the facts, yet they continue to only present Michael Brown as an innocent victim.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:31 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Witness summaries here in chart format

What do the newly released witness statements tell us about the Michael Brown shooting? | PBS NewsHour

Old 12-02-2014, 06:32 AM

There's also no evidence that Michael Brown ever grabbed officer's Wilson's gun. There are no finger prints and the gun was never tested for prints despite Wilson stating that Brown grabbed his weapon.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:38 AM

Ferguson shooting grand jury documents

Above are the court docs. Very lengthy. The witness chart posted by Felix is great for helping to narrow down which witnesses you want to research.

I'd suggest starting off by reading forensics. Then DW's testimony.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:48 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I believe Wilson much more post-GJ than I did before.
I've never been happy with cops. In fact I've downright disliked them but this event has really made me feel sympathetic for one. The culture and mentality of the community he has to police is just despicable.

I'm so torn by this and anxious that I need an emotional support pig to cuddle with.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:31 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, I said you fight fire with fire. You don't KILL someone because they punched you in the face. Its a ridiculous, backwards and violent way to view the world.
Given that Mr Brown was charging the officer shortly before taking a bullet in the top of the head, if the gun had not been fired, the officer would probably be dead.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:37 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
He wasn't killed because he was punched in the face.

He was killed because he attacked again.
He (Michael Brown) should not have been killed. I am still trying to figure out why Wilson ever became a police officer in the first place; if he was so AFRAID of people?

Old 12-02-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Given that Mr Brown was charging the officer shortly before taking a bullet in the top of the head, if the gun had not been fired, the officer would probably be dead.
You still believe that story?

You know how many witnesses out of ALL of them said Mike Brown did NOT have his hands up when fired upon?

I'll cheat. 2.

And out of those 2, one said that Wilson was firing at Brown as he was running away.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Of course they do. I pay them, and I want them to be tough, strong with the criminals. Police don't have a magical power over us, until you break the law. That's how it should be. Otherwise it would be anarchy. As a New Yorker I have experienced both -- strong and weak police. I would never want to live or my family live in a community with your version of policing.
They should have the power to arrest you on true suspicion of a crime.

They should not have the power to shoot you due to some ill perceived threat which is exactly what happened in this case (Brown).

My "version" of policing is the model that was used for decades until the police became militarized. Nothing wrong with the old way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events