Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 03:07 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,362,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yes, but it was cloudy that day. Do people still talk about that?
He saw his shadow, 6 more weeks of winter.

Though he only has a 40ish% accuracy rating for CT.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:10 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
This is great because apparently it doesn't looks wintry enough already, nope!

Does anyone knows if the groundhog saw his shadow or not? Anyone??
Does it matter? LOL..gee its cloudy out I cant see my shadow ..

Old 02-11-2015, 03:10 PM

302 posts, read 295,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
It's looking like this is happening much too far north for a typical winter snowstorm from Philly to Maine or Virginia to Boston. It's not one of those because of where its dropping down. Just too late to round the base and blow up. It would need to happen in Virginia/Del Marva area for a Philly to Boston Snowstorm/Blizzard.

So as this entire winter has been, the trend is NYC north. Pretty dam amazing to see that could happen again where it misses Philly and NJ!!! Nuts
As long as the trend of the worst missing SWCT keeps up too.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:27 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecostimpy View Post
As long as the trend of the worst missing SWCT keeps up too.
You mean like tomorrows too? Pretty funny how that's working out lately.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:45 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
This is great because apparently it doesn't looks wintry enough already, nope!

Does anyone knows if the groundhog saw his shadow or not? Anyone??
Punxatawny Phil said 6 more weeks of winter, Staten Island Chuck said early spring....

Old 02-11-2015, 06:37 PM

830 posts, read 684,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Well said. I will say there are other times the planet has warmed though, it has not constantly cooled since it was formed, this is not the first time in history that it warmed, in fact we've been warming since the 1800s so I never said it's strictly pollution that is doing it. There is also some evidence of a period in the early 1000s (about 1000-1400) where it may have been as warm as today (or in some cases, even warmer at least in some spots, read about early colonization of Greenland by the Vikings). The "exaggeration" behind global warming bothers me, but what also bothers me is most of those calling it out on that also think there's no science to it and it doesn't exist at all. I think it falls somewhere in between those two extremes.
I absolutely agree -- I'm just looking at it from a very grand scheme. Anyway, the dinosaurs had it pretty warm too. Going back 200+ million years ago, the Triassic period was, relative to today, very hot globally (for reasons). There's also no evidence of glaciation at either pole during this period. It's all interesting, and there's plenty to learn.

It's fair to note that the past few 1000s of years have been relatively calm, and humans have had the opportunity to build civilization up with no real environmental disruptions.

Re: the "controversy": Everybody has an agenda, but most simply do not understand, or are ignorant and don't care -- that goes for "both sides." Some genuinely don't believe it and are in denial; some don't want to believe it because the fact would affect them personally somehow. Our world is changing with every rain drop, every week of weather, and every 100, 1000, 1000000 years of climatology (with time comes the increase in variability). We (humans) simply are going to have to make changes down the road, and will have to react and adapt to meteorological events and long-term climatological changes.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:10 PM

It's going to be interesting to see the snow ratios this weekend. I might be underestimating the deception of seeing 1/3" precip for us.

This is just so rare again to see fluff snow! And with wind? This is gonna be mountain type snow. Rare for January let alone mid February.

FYI... The coldest max temp at BDR in February is 12°. Nws forecasting 16 Friday and Sunday. Rare not to warm past teens in February at the coast.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:10 AM

All I looked at was the Canadian model and it was enough to wake me up. LOL!

Groton gets hit this weekend more than Danbury but a nice snowstorm for all.

Mid Week storm next week is so damn marginal!

Ptype with weekend is all snow, no issues whatsoever with that one.

Wednesday storm next week is showing rain/ice involved and that means ITS GOING TO BE CLOSE!! Close to a major snowstorm or a mixing/ice event again. UGH

Old 02-12-2015, 05:16 AM

I made this loop... Watch the 3 storms..

First notice the first one, very little moisture but more importantly where the storm blows up. East of Maine! Not where we need it to for a snowstorm. We need that to happen much south more.

Then notice the second storm, clipper comes down much south more this weekend and blows up off NY coast. Lots more moisture and the blue and red lines are well to the south which means its damn cold too.

Then watch the 3rd storm this time coming from the Southwest. Rounds the base of the trough down south and like any other storm coming from the south, always brings in warm air concerns! Lots of moisture too!

The weekend storm is fascinating because its a clipper that is pushing the cold air down while a coastal forms! Unlike a storm coming from the south, that's why this weekend is all snow and mountain type of snow too since arctic air already in place as well!

Old 02-12-2015, 05:26 AM

No warming period in sight still next 2 weeks! And another storm now being shown Monday the 23rd. 4 storms in next 14 days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut