Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 01:58 PM

83,540 posts, read 75,390,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I think because there's still a lot of uncertainty about where it bombs out and as such whether we are just getting 1-3" vs. more.....I think once there's more certainty about 3"+ the WWA will come out.

You ever look at this site? They talk a lot about that scenerio.....

Ice Age Now
Yes, great site and a relief from what we normally hear otherwise. He has real live stories from around the globe of cold and snow everyday of the year. Such a pleasure to know the planet is melting everywhere. lol

FYI.... Bridgeport max so far is 20 so they didn't stay below the 16 NWS forecasted for them. Might of been some extra Jumbo jets flying near the station today. LOL!

Look at the big drop! 9pm yesterday at 26°. 1am 17°. 9 degrees in 4 hours. Not bad. So the max is coming this afternoon as opposed to overnight (which I always hate to see for stat wise)

IEM :: Site Meteorograms

Old 02-13-2015, 02:04 PM

11,305 posts, read 18,902,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yes, great site and a relief from what we normally hear otherwise. He has real live stories from around the globe of cold and snow everyday of the year. Such a pleasure to know the planet is melting everywhere. lol

FYI.... Bridgeport max so far is 20 so they didn't stay below the 16 NWS forecasted for them. Might of been some extra Jumbo jets flying near the station today. LOL!

Look at the big drop! 9pm yesterday at 26°. 1am 17°. 9 degrees in 4 hours. Not bad. So the max is coming this afternoon as opposed to overnight (which I always hate to see for stat wise)

IEM :: Site Meteorograms
BDR was 17 at midnight so that would've been the high if it stayed under 17 today....NYC also got to 20.

This may be the problem with Sunday producing a historically low high temperature......the high will probably occur at midnight while it's still snowing and could even still be 25-30.....Monday with the very low start could have a high of only 15 or so, but NWS is now saying with sun it will eventually get to 20 in both NYC and BDR as well....

Cambium, you'd probably know more than anyone, but one thing I've wondered in these global warming debates is did they used to average temperatures differently than they do now? Like in a scenario where say it's 30-degrees from midnight to 2am then drops right to the teens and stays there all day, I know what they usually do is just average the high and low temperature for the day, but maybe in the past they averaged each hour and divided by 24 (which in that case would produce a colder mean)? Just not sure/don't know, but I think if that were the case it could produce a bias not being reported.......

Old 02-13-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:

Cambium, you'd probably know more than anyone, but one thing I've wondered in these global warming debates is did they used to average temperatures differently than they do now? Like in a scenario where say it's 30-degrees from midnight to 2am then drops right to the teens and stays there all day, I know what they usually do is just average the high and low temperature for the day, but maybe in the past they averaged each hour and divided by 24 (which in that case would produce a colder mean)? Just not sure/don't know, but I think if that were the case it could produce a bias not being reported.......
Pretty sure U.S has had the same measuring technique all this time but can't comment for other parts of the world. I still wish U.S recorded sunlight hours like UK or other parts do.

However, temps DID get "adjusted" to show it was a cooler time in the past (which of course then shows a bigger warm up in years & decades later). And NOAA compares mean temps that are pre Satellite when the 30yr Satellite Era shows very little warming..

The more you research the more it's sickening. That's why I (and it) can get heated. General public wont go the extra step to really look into what they're saying.

PM me if you want...

----------------- Back to topic------------

Upton Raises the totals for some. Extends 4-6 into NYC/NJ. 6-8" into New Haven county

Old 02-13-2015, 02:59 PM

6,139 posts, read 5,111,368 times
Quote:
NWS just posted Winter Weather Advisories.....with a Winter Storm Watch for New Haven and the parts of eastern CT and eastern LI that were Winter Storm Watches are now Warnings....they're saying 3-7" now in the WWA areas, with the 3" more likely in/around NYC and the 7" more likely east, like in Nassau and Fairfield counties.
Actually they expanded the WSW west to include Hartford now:

National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary

Old 02-13-2015, 03:33 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Actually they expanded the WSW west to include Hartford now:

National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary
I have this odd feeling this one is gonna surprise a little ...deformation zone setup further west than thought. Its a hunch but this is so difficult to forecast when and where that zone will set up.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:45 PM

Future Radar loop from WRF.

I see a donut hole/dry slot over CT & MA Saturday night until the wrap around gets us.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Future Radar loop from WRF.

I see a donut hole/dry slot over CT & MA Saturday night until the wrap around gets us.
wow dynamic....see that wraparound looks to far east to me.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:04 PM

Anyone going to Maine this weekend?

Old 02-13-2015, 05:50 PM

How's this for those SREF snow plume? Some member clusters showing 30-40" . Poor Maine. Blizzard #2

NCEP SREF Plume Viewer

Old 02-13-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
How's this for those SREF snow plume? Some member clusters showing 30-40" . Poor Maine. Blizzard #2

NCEP SREF Plume Viewer
This on top of a 3 to 4 foot snowpack? INSANE

Record book timeframe doesn't even do this justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut