Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 07:49 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,615,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruizer View Post
Why are still assuming so much about me? Actually I respect your opinion because it's your opinion and everybody has a right to their opinion. My issue is that it is the manner in which you disagree. I'm all for you disagreeing and stating it, but not at the cost of trying to make another person sound ignorant for their opinion when it holds just as much truth as your own.

I try to teach my students civil discourse because it is a lost art in our society. It is the ability to have your own opinion but respect that of others. And then be able to mutually disagree and have spirited debate without demeaning the other person's thoughts or ideas, or the person themselves.

As far as my background I grew up very conservative. These days I hold in the middle. I am neither conservative or liberal. I cast my views based on issues rather than a blanket stance.

My question was in sincerity. I truly wanted to know.

You assumed I was part of the mob and had a mob mentality.

I could assume just as easily that you were here just to stir trouble and put down USC because you are upset that USC has been on the upswing in certain areas where Clemson has traditionally dominated.

But rather than make that assumption I asked you a genuine question about your motives. And I still would like to know. I did not want to make an assumption about your purpose/motives because often times making assumptions are the result of a degree of ignorance and naivety.
Don't try logic with this guy, he brands everyone how he wants and then pretends he "wins" the argument, it is best to ignore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 08:12 PM

800 posts, read 1,464,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
This may have been posted already but that's ok, it has been a great week..........Women's BB wins the SEC (24-2), softball beats #3 ASU in Tempe, equestrian remains #1 in the country after beating #2 Auburn, Baseball clinches the series v Clemson in dominating fashion and men's basketball beats UK. I will take weeks like this anytime, especially after our football season. Recent bowls wins over Michigan, Nebraska & Wisconsin go great with recent wins over Florida, Alabama, Georgia and others.......the entire athletic department is doing very well.
It is, indeed, a great time to be a Gamecock!

Old 03-01-2014, 08:17 PM

12,933 posts, read 18,787,237 times
The USC men beat Kentucky tonight at Colonial Life Arena. YES!

Old 03-01-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aosmith View Post
ah the insecure liberal is back. You jsut can't be labeled, you so hard to figure out. You rant about Haley and conservatives all the timem but just don't call you an Obama fan boy. that's not fair. lol

You still bragging about how you run businesses except you don't? You jsut work for other people

You are beating up on some politician b/c his private business failed but you never even run one and you voted for this failure of a president twice who can't run a business or a country. But Darla Moore gave you one of her dumb degrees so you can stand in judgement of others. lol you such a clown.
Remind me again, do you have a job?

Old 03-01-2014, 08:29 PM

14 posts, read 17,957 times
Quote:
save your lectures for your captive audience . those poor kids in the classroom.

I've been civil on here, you uptight douchebag. I'm "stirring up trouble" because you dont' agreee with me because you are an angry leftwing control freak. NObody nominated you to be the Civility Police on here and I think you are quite a nasty guy. Your whole tone is hostile and as though you have some kind of elevated standing in relation to me. Who are you to be talking down to me?

You think you are the man becauase you are a high school teacher. lol geez. I bet you are in the middle but I notice every damn liberal says that these days because you dont' have an courage of your convictions. You are shifty and smarmy. You probably preach your Obama ideology in the classroom too, on taxpayer dime.

Who have I demeaned on here. Give one example. Again, Lorne Micheaels of Saturday Night Live says liberals have no sense of humor, and that is coming from a liberal. You and GSP are case in point. Get the stick out of your butt.
Well you were talking about getting out of jail and setting "this bird" free earlier. So then what we are saying here is someone may have let the nut out of the nut house? Do they know you are out wondering around Jack Nicholson?

And you have some improper english/grammer throughout many of your posts. My Clemson alumni friends would be ashamed of you man. Get that stuff together.

And you stated you never made an A at Clemson which out of everyone I have met who has graduated from there has at least made one A. So then what that really translates to is you probably made it to Tri-County to do the bridge program and didn't ever cross that bridge to Clemson.

By the way, I voted McCain the first go around and didn't vote for Romney or Obama the second because I wasn't going to be forced to choose between two candidates that I felt were neither qualified for the job.

And with your infatuation with Obama I can tell you are on the Hillary Clinton train. He's a double agent men!!!

Hahahahahahahaha! This is fun! But to respect everyone else I'll stop here since I am now doing the very thing I tried to stop. Oh no! I have become...Aosmith! Dum dum dum.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:33 PM

I sincerely apologize to everyone for that post. Just a little humor to lighten the mood that may have gone overboard.

In other news it is great to be a Gamecock! It's going to be real interesting to see how the rest of this year progresses.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
well i get paid, it isn't really a job. I'm get paid for some research trials on epilepsy. My brain intrigues neurologists.

2009-2012 I really worked like 6 years in terms of earnings because I worked a ton of paid overtime and i was paid per diem for inconvenience factor so i had no daily expenses. I live in a differnent world than you do and i don't play by your conventional mindset for work. i'd kill myself i i was trudging in to downtown charlotte everday to work in some bland vertical cubicle nightmare.

You keep bragging about yourself and I think it is fair to point out your degree from USC doesnt mean you can could run a successful business. Many successful business owners dont' have a degree. You keep trashing other colleges like bob jones as tough USC has a great rep and that is a joke. Darla Moore paid to get them a high rating in the business school rankings but business school isn't rocket science. you can learn the basics of business at any school including a francism marion. SC has a decent medical school and pharmacy school simply b/c there isn't much competition for those but it is run of the mill in everything else.
Lets set the record..........1, you have absolutely no idea how I am politically so quit the name calling. 2. I like what I do and where I am, nothing else matters. 3. If ANY politician is bragging about being a fiscal conservative, back it up and not with a bankrupt business. 4. I have a number of degrees but yes, Carolina has a great business school. It was great before Darla and has been elevated since her historic contributions.

As far as schools go, no, Bob Jones is not a good school. If folks want to go there, great. But, it is not on the same academic level as most schools in SC.

Now back on topic, Carolina's athletic department as a whole is doing very very well. Coach Tanner should elevate it to higher levels.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
lol yeah dude, you uptight and a humorous guy at the same time. You are Jerry Seinfield , you just go up to your local comedy club and just go off on the open mic and people will be in stitchs. that just how you roll, high school teacher.

Go to a pyschatrist and ask them to prescribe you a benzo like Klonopin. should help you relax some.

you can't even handle 1 conservative on a website without losing your cool.
You really think I'm that funny?! Thanks man! You're a pretty nice guy after all!

Old 03-01-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
if you say so. i think SC is a cake school and Bob Jones can't be any easier. Every dumb redneck I knew in Florence went to SC. ALl the doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect kids went to Clemson.

I haven' called you a "name". I called you a liberal which isn't a perjorative by default. Anymore than you calling me a conservative. It is just accurately labeling your political philosophy.

You haven't run a business. Obama has bankrupted our country with staggering debt and deficit and you worship this man. You voted this ignorant buffoon twice and then you want to talk about some local politicians private business failing. What about the country dude? Look at all these people unemployed? You don't care about them as long as you have your dumb job at the bank? You want to talk about some dude's private business when he isn't even in business anymore? Lol you are a clown man
LOL, a cake school. Funny, a lot of the doctors, lawyers, and business leaders (did not know engineers and architects were considered community leaders) I know send their kids to Carolina. Guess, your perspective is Florence, and that makes perfect sense considering your posts.

As for the economy, it is too much for you to understand, you are a mechanical engineer (unemployed) after all.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
lol, i think engineers and architects more respsected than most lawyers and smarmy business guys like you. You might have a job but you aren't contributing to society.

SOmebody who grew up in Greer is beating up on Florence? lol I dont' see much difference b/t Florence and Columbia other than a few more companies, the government stuff and USC downtown. Cola isn't some kind of big metro

My dad worked for Progress Energy at the nuclear power plant near Florence as an electrical engineer. I'm pretty sure that is more impressive than what your daddy was doing in Greer. lol

My dad went to SC, by the way. lol He told me to go to Clemson.

You are obviously the master of the economy, you voted for Obama. You got handle on it. Teach me about economics, kind sir. Tell me again how taxing the crap out of people and government spending a ton of money really helps the economy because that doesn't make much sense and the stimulus surely did not do annything.

Channel your Darla Moore (who has no impressive business background, just grew up in rich and then married rich) and teach me business.
Just curious Mr. Engineer...........when you have a large project, maybe a nuclear project, how are you going to finance it? Are you going to the local Florence bank to get a 30 year note? Is it that simple? Or, will you issue bonds, if so, what rates and how will that impact the life of the plant financially? Will the bonds be issued with a premium or discount and how will that impact your cash for the project and ongoing operations. Or maybe private equity is the answer, what are the returns and what assumptions are you using? Are the assumptions realistic or pie in the sky? At what confidence level are your assumptions? Will you accept a 95% level or want something more? Or perhaps you will issue more equity in the markets....if so, how will that affect your cash flow, how will that affect the financial ratios, do you have any covenants that will be violated? Who will make sure the NYSE, FINRA, SEC, and other regulatory filings are complete and accurate so that investors have a realistic view of if they should invest or not? And, these questions are just the beginning. So, in short, you don't have a job if these exercises are not conducted. Are engineers and architects more respected, doubt it.

As for Carolina, we can all play that game, I was told by many not to go to Clemson. Bottom line, Carolina has about 30% more applications for admission than Clemson, someone wants to go there. I don't think Clemson is a bad school but you are full of crap if you think USC is cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area