Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 01:41 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times

Advertisements

More good news for the marijuana valley!

This is from the Chieftain

The Pueblo area's unemployment rate dipped to 3.5 percent and Colorado continued to add jobs at a faster rate than the U.S. average, according to preliminary September data released Friday by the state Department of Labor.

The number of full- and part-time workers in the county was 72,646, up about 2,500 from the 70,141 of a year ago.

The link: Jobs picture stays bright in Pueblo, rest of state | Pueblo Chieftain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 08:49 AM

Something I noticed in the latest job report for Pueblo.

Over 2,500 jobs was added is one year. If Pueblo keeps that rate the county aka metro would be over 300,000 people in 20 years. Odds are it will increase as the population increases as that is typical so the population will be closer to 500,000 by then.

This is why I am so excited about Pueblo becoming the marijuana valley!

Old 11-07-2017, 07:59 AM

Living in Pueblo with a CSA population of 212,569 I can agree with this:

Midsize Cities More Business-Friendly than Large Cities, New Study Finds

On most factors relating to business satisfaction, midsize cities dominated large city in nationwide poll of business leaders.

Owners and leaders of businesses in midsize cities (defined as cities between 100,000 and 500,000 in population) were substantially more satisfied than their large-city counterparts. Whether it was quality of life, cost of living, access to universities and research centers, or the general promise of the business environment, midsize cities ranked considerably higher in terms of business owner and leader satisfaction.

The link: https://www.inc.com/amarillo/midsize...campaign=28527

Last edited by Josseppie; 11-07-2017 at 08:17 AM..

Old 11-07-2017, 10:20 PM

In my opinion the big vote tonight in Pueblo is to change the system from a city mananger to a mayor form of government. It looks to be passing and I think it will pass. It will give us a mayor with a 4 year term at a pay of $150,000 a year. Honestly I think it is good for the entire metro and something I want to run for in the 2020’s. Something that should not come as a surprise for people here!

Old 11-07-2017, 11:15 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Idiots did not vote for the new jail nor the drug treatment.

Enjoy your heroin breakfasts and your meth nights.

Idiots.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Idiots.
Ya I voted for it.....

Old 11-15-2017, 10:01 AM

Pueblo's good economic news continues and I think this is all related to Pueblo being the marjuana valley and why I am highly optimistic Pueblo will see significant growth in the next 10-20 years and the county could be 250,000 to 500,000 people in the 2030's.

Pueblo's housing market stayed hot in October

The 242 single-family homes sold last month was down only slightly from September and an increase of 6 percent from a year earlier, according to Colorado Realtors Association data. For the first 10 months of the year, sales were up 13.5 percent to 2,526 from the same period last year. At that pace, home sales would finish near 3,000 for the year, a level last reached in 2006, during the height of the area's pre-recession housing rush. Additionally, 88 townhomes and condos have sold this year, about the same as last year.

Home values also continue to rise.

The average price for a single-family home in October rose to $190,110, up from $184,600 in September and an increase of 17 percent from a year earlier, according to the group's data. The average price for the year is $179,800, up 8 percent from the same 10-month period in 2016. The median selling price in October was $178,000, up 10.6 percent from a year earlier. The median selling price is the midpoint where half of the homes sell for more and half sell for less.

The link: Home home sales not cooling down yet | Pueblo Chieftain

Also:

A surge in retail spending and another strong month for equipment purchases and construction pushed the city of Pueblo's sales activity higher in September.

Overall, sales activity for the month was up 7.3 percent compared to September 2016, based on sales tax collection data released this week by the city. The sales report for October is due early next month.

It was the second straight month of strong growth. August spending was up 8.6 percent from prior year.

The link: Pueblo city manager: Spending increase a good sign ahead of holidays | Pueblo Chieftain

Old 11-15-2017, 01:16 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Idiots.
There's a whole lot of head stomping going on at Pueblo County Jail.

News 5 Investigates: Video of brutal fight between inmates at Pu - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo

Old 11-19-2017, 09:49 AM

289 posts, read 775,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Pueblo's good economic news continues and I think this is all related to Pueblo being the marjuana valley and why I am highly optimistic Pueblo will see significant growth in the next 10-20 years and the county could be 250,000 to 500,000 people in the 2030's.

Pueblo's housing market stayed hot in October

The 242 single-family homes sold last month was down only slightly from September and an increase of 6 percent from a year earlier, according to Colorado Realtors Association data. For the first 10 months of the year, sales were up 13.5 percent to 2,526 from the same period last year. At that pace, home sales would finish near 3,000 for the year, a level last reached in 2006, during the height of the area's pre-recession housing rush. Additionally, 88 townhomes and condos have sold this year, about the same as last year.

Home values also continue to rise.

The average price for a single-family home in October rose to $190,110, up from $184,600 in September and an increase of 17 percent from a year earlier, according to the group's data. The average price for the year is $179,800, up 8 percent from the same 10-month period in 2016. The median selling price in October was $178,000, up 10.6 percent from a year earlier. The median selling price is the midpoint where half of the homes sell for more and half sell for less.

The link: Home home sales not cooling down yet | Pueblo Chieftain

Also:

A surge in retail spending and another strong month for equipment purchases and construction pushed the city of Pueblo's sales activity higher in September.

Overall, sales activity for the month was up 7.3 percent compared to September 2016, based on sales tax collection data released this week by the city. The sales report for October is due early next month.

It was the second straight month of strong growth. August spending was up 8.6 percent from prior year.

The link: Pueblo city manager: Spending increase a good sign ahead of holidays | Pueblo Chieftain
Enough of the delusion, Josseppie. Until the city’s leadership realizes that they need to focus on job creation instead of tourism and the Riverwalk, Pueblo’s growth will be non-existent.

Explain to me how 40 miles up the road, the economy is booming, while Pueblo continues to lack the good-paying jobs and opportunities that the rest of the front range has a a plethora of. My dad’s employer recently transferred him and several other workers to Colorado Springs because that’s where all of the business is, and they don’t have the volume to support more than a handful of employees in Pueblo.

There’s a reason why Pueblo is where it is today. You’re reaping what your leadership sowed.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Go Here View Post
Enough of the delusion, Josseppie. Until the city’s leadership realizes that they need to focus on job creation instead of tourism and the Riverwalk, Pueblo’s growth will be non-existent.

Explain to me how 40 miles up the road, the economy is booming, while Pueblo continues to lack the good-paying jobs and opportunities that the rest of the front range has a a plethora of. My dad’s employer recently transferred him and several other workers to Colorado Springs because that’s where all of the business is, and they don’t have the volume to support more than a handful of employees in Pueblo.

There’s a reason why Pueblo is where it is today. You’re reaping what your leadership sowed.
Pueblo’s economy is booming as we are the marijuana valley and now will become the hub for green energy manufacturing. Why I am optimistic on the county’s growth in the next 20 years.

This is what the Denver Post reported:

Once it is up and running, the facility will employ 705 full-time workers earning an average annual wage of $52,794. That would help Pueblo, home to a tower manufacturing plant for Danish wind turbine maker Vestas, cement its reputation as a green energy manufacturing hub and draw suppliers to the region, said Michelle Hadwiger, deputy director of the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade.

The link: Southern Colorado in running for two large manufacturing plants, including a solar-panel fab
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado