Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 07:50 AM

369 posts, read 325,111 times

Advertisements

Pueblo, pronounced historically as Pee eb lo. has a reputation of gang violence.
Those considering relocating there should research this activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 09:56 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copymutt View Post
Pueblo, pronounced historically as Pee eb lo. has a reputation of gang violence.
Those considering relocating there should research this activity.
This listing rates Pueblo as the 9th most dangerous city in the USA.

But I've seen other listings where Pueblo doesn't even make the list of top 25 most dangerous.
Here's a listing of the top FIFTY "most dangerous" places and Pueblo didn't make that list either.

People need to do their due diligence before selecting a place to live.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:50 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
New population numbers are out:

Pueblo metro is up 1,103 people last year to a population of 167,529.

Fremont (Canon City), 48,021, plus 414 people.

So the total Pueblo/ Canon City CSA is now 215,550.

The mayor wants to increase the growth rate and I support him as I would like to see the Pueblo metro grow at least 30% by 2030 to a population of 218,000 people.

This is what he said
:

Gradisar has made growth a central focus of his administration. Job and population gains are key to boosting the area’s employment rate, incomes and overall economy along with helping address issues such as the declining enrollment in Pueblo City Schools (D60) and the challenges faced by aged, low-income areas like the East Side, he says.

Gradisar on Thursday said the city is pursuing initiatives to expand on the area’s longtime economic development efforts that include workforce development, primary job incentives through the half-cent sales tax fund for job creation and visitor-and-tourism projects such as the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo.

The link: https://www.chieftain.com/news/20190...loYwBAKJXvnjrE

Old 04-24-2019, 07:54 AM

Talking Land purchased for expansive indoor sports complex in Pueblo West

Big economic news! However i would rather this be by the riverwalk but i will take it in pueblo west. Should have a big economic impact with more hotels and restaurants. Especially when you combine it with everything else going on in the metro.

The group behind Soccer Haus, an indoor sports complex in Colorado Springs, purchased land from the Pueblo West Metropolitan District Tuesday night for about $87,000, to create a similar facility on an approximately 5-acre site in Pueblo West. The Colorado Springs location is 48,000 square-feet in size and Pueblo West Haus will be 65,000 square feet, said John Riding, Soccer Haus co-owner.

The new complex will provide more than 35 jobs and inject an estimated $500,000 of spending into the Pueblo West community in economic developmental growth.

The link: https://www.chieftain.com/news/20190...in-pueblo-west

Old 04-26-2019, 11:10 AM

Talking Data center sets sights on Pueblo

More good economic news for Pueblo. I have a feeling this is just the start....

This is from the Chieftain:

Estimated $100 million complex would employ up to 80 people at an average wage of $50,000, developer says.

Pueblo would become home to a first-of-its-kind data center that would serve multiple clients while demonstrating a more efficient way to power such centers, an executive with the project developer said this week.

The data center would occupy part of a 9-acre site AX2 is under contract to buy in a section of the Minnequa Industrial Park along Interstate 25, south of Pewag Traction Chain, Von Hell said. The center would employ 40 to 80 workers at an annual average wage of $50,000.

AX2 expects to spend $100 million to develop, build and equip the site, using local contractors when feasible.

The company might schedule a public presentation in Pueblo about the project in the near future, she said. A public groundbreaking event also is anticipated, she said.

The link: https://www.chieftain.com/news/20190...ghts-on-pueblo

Old 04-26-2019, 02:52 PM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
More good economic news for Pueblo. I have a feeling this is just the start....
Nice catch for Pueblo. Seems like the combination of cheap land and Black Hills willing to subsidize the power consumption might be a good incentive package for Pueblo.

God knows that other utilities, like Colorado Spring Utilities, could play ball with with this. But they're so antiquated in their thinking....

Old 04-26-2019, 03:06 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Nice catch for Pueblo. Seems like the combination of cheap land and Black Hills willing to subsidize the power consumption might be a good incentive package for Pueblo.

God knows that other utilities, like Colorado Spring Utilities, could play ball with with this. But they're so antiquated in their thinking....
COLO SPGS has had some success attracting data centers. FEDEX moved their data center from Memphis into a campus on Voyager and North Gate exactly because the cool dry climate gave them a massive cost savings for cooling massive arrays of data servers. Not sure if FEDEX has moved 100% of that Memphis operation to COLO SPGS but last I heard (several years ago) was that the move was 2/3 complete. Both the heat and humidity in Memphis drove up cooling costs to major levels.

Wal-Mart also moved a large data center to COLO SPGS in the area of Voyager and Federal, just down the hill from where we used to live up near Pine Creek HS. Same deal, cost savings on cooling all that computing power.

There are other data centers up along Voyager, like at Sybilla and Voyager, but they don't have any signs on the buildings....

Not sure if COLO SPGS took a stab at this one, but the company should've considered it because the climate is better than Pueblo for hosting data centers.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:29 AM

Pueblo does get over 100 in the summer and i post about it as i like it. However even on the hottest days its only for a hour or two usually its less then a hour then back in the 90’s and 80’s with a low in the 50’s and 60’s. So our weather is good for them. Plus i am told rail lines help the needed infrastructure and Pueblo has a few big lines. I would like to see this grow as if Pueblo could get 10-15 data centers by 2030 it would represent over $1 billion invested in the city creating over 1000 primary jobs or 3,000 secondary jobs (3 to 1 ratio).

Old 05-01-2019, 06:22 PM

I thought about making a new thread but decided to post it here instead.

This is, in my opinion, one of if not the most important ballot question facing Pueblo voters in years. Even just as important then the mayor maybe more. This is because of the reputation of our k-12 schools. If Pueblo can pass a moving overhaul of our school system with new high schools built for the 21st century this would show the state and nation Pueblo wants to improve ourselves and will spend the money to reach that goal. I do not have kids and most likely will not have kids yet even I get it. While I am for the 4 school option (4B) mainly because I went to Central and would like to keep it but also I like the idea of 4 schools as I think Pueblo will grow but I would vote for either one.

This is from the Chieftain:

The first, option 2A, is the most costly, requiring a $315 million bond. With the closing of all four existing high schools would come two new 2,000 student-capacity schools, built in the north/east quadrant and the central/south quadrant.

In option 4B, which comes with a $291 million price tag, two new 1,200-student high schools would be built to replace Centennial and East high schools, with Central and South receiving upgrades and repairs.

The link: https://www.chieftain.com/news/20190...bond-proposals

Old 05-05-2019, 11:30 PM

17,987 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Like the idea of keeping four and upgrading Central due to such a cool historic bldg.

Take away East hs and you destroy the whole east side, yet, do they deserve a whole brand new school? Certainly not a 2k one. A decent sized 4a school should do them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado