Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2019, 09:54 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,782 times

Advertisements

does this mean that Pueblo will soon become unaffordable to average person like Colorado Springs is becoming ? is there no place left on the front range where a person can buy a house for around 120-150 K that is decent ? where can a person with a middle management salary and 401K who has not a partner to help with the mortgage live ? Aguilar ? Good for Pueblo ! glad to see it is becoming a 21 st century City .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 04:44 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
does this mean that Pueblo will soon become unaffordable to average person like Colorado Springs is becoming ? is there no place left on the front range where a person can buy a house for around 120-150 K that is decent ? where can a person with a middle management salary and 401K who has not a partner to help with the mortgage live ? Aguilar ? Good for Pueblo ! glad to see it is becoming a 21 st century City .
Are you arguing Pueblo should not grow?

Old 11-23-2019, 03:44 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Go Here View Post
Enough of the delusion, Josseppie. Until the city’s leadership realizes that they need to focus on job creation instead of tourism and the Riverwalk, Pueblo’s growth will be non-existent.

Explain to me how 40 miles up the road, the economy is booming, while Pueblo continues to lack the good-paying jobs and opportunities that the rest of the front range has a a plethora of. My dad’s employer recently transferred him and several other workers to Colorado Springs because that’s where all of the business is, and they don’t have the volume to support more than a handful of employees in Pueblo.

There’s a reason why Pueblo is where it is today. You’re reaping what your leadership sowed.
The Pueblo South Colts, Pueblo's second best High School football team this season, just beat the "Let's Go Here" Durangos 21-14 to advance in the 3A state football tournament!

Pueblo West Cyclones just beat the Montrose Rock Candies 31-19! Go P-Dub!

Oh, CSU Pueblo beat the South Dakota Augustana team 17-0, on to Mankato! So there is that too.

Old 11-29-2019, 05:57 PM

363 posts, read 442,757 times
My house in P Dub was 300K. Moving out here to what I consider the country..... I did not expect this high of prices.....

Old 11-30-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolish1 View Post
My house in P Dub was 300K. Moving out here to what I consider the country..... I did not expect this high of prices.....
My house in Pueblo is $250,000 to $500,000. In Denver it would be $2 to $3 million easy.

Old 11-30-2019, 09:46 AM

363 posts, read 442,757 times
And in El Paso, TX it would be 180K....

Old 11-30-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolish1 View Post
And in El Paso, TX it would be 180K....
I looked it up and El Paso is cheaper then Pueblo.

Pueblo average home price is $178,000.

El Paso average home price is $130,000

Both markets are considered hot and a sellers market.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
It's six stories and stucco according the the rendering.... not sure why the hell they went with a completely different city. Probably because the architect had no stock footage of Pueblo.

Looks like a variance between the rendering and the article. Article is probably wrong as the purported cost of $18M is fairly low and six stories is right in the range of what you can get away with a stick frame and can avoid some crane costs. Still a nice little win for Pueblo and this building will go a ways towards tying the the convention center with the Riverwalk.

Hotel on Flickr
Its not 9 stories but its not 6 either. It will be 8 according to the Pueblo planning and zoning. i hope they go with Hilton as that would be cool to have in Pueblo.....

From planning and zoning:

Pueblo TX Hotels proposes to “construct and operate an upscale hotel in the downtown area of Pueblo, Colorado that will outperform the competition.” They are working with Marriott International and Hilton Worldwide and will select the best fit for the Pueblo market. Pueblo TX Hotels is planning to construct an eight-story, 110-130 room hotel that will include a restaurant, lounge, outdoor patio/balcony, indoor pool/jacuzzi and other amenities.

https://www.pueblo.us/DocumentCenter...ct0LoMvhzeoO8U

Old 12-08-2019, 10:03 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The Pueblo South Colts, Pueblo's second best High School football team this season, just beat the "Let's Go Here" Durangos 21-14 to advance in the 3A state football tournament!

Pueblo West Cyclones just beat the Montrose Rock Candies 31-19! Go P-Dub!

Oh, CSU Pueblo beat the South Dakota Augustana team 17-0, on to Mankato! So there is that too.
Choke choke choke, how bout them Broncos?

Old 09-16-2020, 10:22 PM

The Pueblo chieftain has reported this week that the next season of undercover billionaire will take place in Pueblo.

This sums up what undercover billionaire is doing in Pueblo. This has a potential to have a huge impact on the area:

Paul Cook It’s my understanding that he was given a challenge to be dropped off in Pueblo with no resources and out of this challenge, a company under Matt Smitt, was created. It's called Wake Up. The company is focused on marketing development. The Discovery Channel will hopefully be showing Pueblo in a more positive light than in the past. Not to mention, if Cardone were to make the mention that this is a community that is literally dying to grow, perhaps companies will take notice. We have to consider his personal contacts and influence has well. There is A LOT of opportunities here.

From the Chieftain:

He is a real estate mogul, best-selling author and celebrity business coach whose pre-pandemic net worth was estimated at $1 billion.

For four months this year, he has been in Pueblo, covertly establishing a marketing business he vows will introduce the Steel City and all its charms to the world.

And this clandestine “building a business from scratch” venture was captured by Discovery Channel cameras for the second season of “Undercover Billionaire,” a reality show.

The link: https://www.chieftain.com/news/20200...y9fLtDTLf5MYJk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado