Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 08:13 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times

Advertisements

According to PEDCO another job announcement is coming and I think it will be next week. I will post what it is here when they have the announcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 11:35 AM

The announcment is tomorrow at 4 in Union Depot. I will post what it is after.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:34 PM

Big R is expanding is headquarters in Pueblo.

Big R will add 33 workers and relocate its headquarters and warehouse-and-distribution operations to the former Boeing building at the airport industrial park, aided by economic development incentives from Pueblo, the company announced Monday. Big R’s current smaller complex is at 350 Keeler Parkway at the industrial park.

The link: Big R Stores to expand Pueblo operations, add | The Pueblo Chieftain

Old 11-28-2016, 08:06 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Cool. That Boeing bldg is a huge place, the blue bldg?

Oh, and btw, Pueblo East beat Mead, and will play Discovery Canyon again for the 3A State Championship, again!

La Junta took the 2A Championship this last Saturday.

That's all the football I can stand to talk about at this time.

Carry on...

Old 12-03-2016, 04:47 PM

Three peat for the East Eagles! Plus they did it by beating a Springs team, Discovery Canyon, 35-6.

Congrats East. Today Pueblo is all East.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:12 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Congrats to East.

What's amazing about this three-peat is they did it with three different coaches.

Isn't that weird?

Old 12-12-2016, 05:43 PM

As 2016 comes to a close I wanted to come up with my top 10 stories in Pueblo this year:

1) Anti marijuana ballot failing and city allowing marijuana retail stores and Pueblo becoming the marijuana valley.

2) CSU Pueblo marijuana research institute advancing and they passed the goal of raising $25 million for the university for projects like expanding the student center.

3) Pueblo passing $45 million in improvements including minor league baseball stadium at historic power plant, expanding the Riverwalk and bringing Amtrak back to the historic train depot.

4) Pueblo becoming a hi-tech city for marijuana.

5) Manufacturing like Vesta's and companies like Big R expanding and new companies moving here.

6) Due to the top 5 reasons the already fast economic growth of the metro speeds up including but not limited too the lowest vacancy rate in the state for apartments, lowering unemployment rate, population growth and record growth in Pueblo West.

7) A number of medium size commercial projects either finished or continued this year including but not limited to the apartment complex by Troy Ave (Oakshire Hills Complex), the new rehab center at Parkwest, the shopping center north of town (Pueblo Crossing) and the new Walmart on the southside.

8) Major road projects either finished or continued including widening Highway 50 west and I-25 to 6 lanes and Dillion Flyover.

9) East high school are the three-peat state champions for football.

10) CSU Pueblo winning the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference again for football.

Cant wait to see what 2017 has to offer and will post my wish list for 2017 soon!

Old 12-12-2016, 09:39 PM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
As 2016 comes to a close I wanted to come up with my top 10 stories in Pueblo this year:
All notable accomplishments and it's good to see Pueblo experiencing some positive momentum. That said, this....

Quote:
10) CSU Pueblo winning the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference again for football.
..is totally untrue. Colorado Mesa took the RMAC in 2016. In fact, this is a repeat as Colorado Mesa was recently awarded the 2015 RMAC due to CSU Pueblo being penalized for using academically ineligible players last year. The Thunderwolves were stripped of the RMAC title and their playoff wins.

[quote]Cant wait to see what 2017 has to offer and will post my wish list for 2017 soon!/quote]

We're waiting with bated breath.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
All notable accomplishments and it's good to see Pueblo experiencing some positive momentum.
I agree. A while ago on another site I said how one unforeseen economic event would change the future predictions of how fast Pueblo would grow and was laughed at. Well it looks like Pueblo has it and while I never thought it was going to be marijuana/ hemp AKA the marijuana valley I will take it. From talking to a lot of people around town in the industry and in PEDCO and other offices this is only the start of the growth that will come from this industry as even 60 minutes said we were the main city to benefit from marijuana. What kind of growth does that mean in the next 15-20 years? For the first time when I said could the county reach 500,000 people I was not laughed at. Why marijuana made most of my top 10 list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
All notable accomplishments and it's good to see Pueblo experiencing some positive momentum. That said, this....

..is totally untrue. Colorado Mesa took the RMAC in 2016. In fact, this is a repeat as Colorado Mesa was recently awarded the 2015 RMAC due to CSU Pueblo being penalized for using academically ineligible players last year. The Thunderwolves were stripped of the RMAC title and their playoff wins.

It was a tie this year. I was at the last game when Pueblo was awarded the title.

Here is the link to prove it from KOAA:

The Colorado State University-Pueblo football team finished the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference season 8-2 following a 27-14 victory against Chadron State College at the Neta and Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl Saturday. The record earned the ThunderWolves a share of the 2016 RMAC Championship, the program's sixth title overall and fifth in the last six seasons.

CSU Pueblo earns share of RMAC title - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo

Quote:
Cant wait to see what 2017 has to offer and will post my wish list for 2017 soon!

We're waiting with bated breath.
I am working on it so give me a few days.

Last edited by Josseppie; 12-12-2016 at 10:36 PM..

Old 12-13-2016, 10:56 AM

Now my wish list for Pueblo in 2017

1) Continued major growth in the marijuana/ hemp industries as Pueblo remains the marijuana valley.

2) Convention center and Riverwalk expansion and a new hotel to break ground. Possibly a second hotel by the baseball stadium.

I have been waiting years for this.

3) Parkview Medical Center builds one or two highrises.

They bought a lot of land on Santa Fe Ave in downtown. It would be nice to have highrises with a parking garage there.

4) Continued growth at CSU Pueblo. Especially as it relates to research in the new marijuana institute.

5) Continued success for PEDCO.

6) More medium size commercial projects start and highway widening projects continue (Highway 50 west and I-25 to 6 lanes).

This is what I have hear so far:

5 new major retail store going open next year and still waiting on 6th one to be confirm. Eagleridge estates going be expanding soon. Cdot will build a new office and will help north side grow more. Outlook ridge phase 2 going to start up.

7) Continue seeing all the economic indicators improve and the population grow at a increasing rate.

8) See the housing industry pick up with more houses and apartments. A few condo highrises in downtown would be nice.

9) CSU Pueblo football return to the playoffs and win a second national title.

Im always ready for this!

10) Pueblo's first sky scraper.

I define that as a building over 20 stories. Yes its a long shot but a life long dream of mine.

As I look over the list I mainly want to see the economic success Pueblo has seen in the past 2 years continue and improve.

Last edited by Josseppie; 12-13-2016 at 11:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado