Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 08:55 AM

216 posts, read 191,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
It sounds like you are having a happy adjustment to life here, congratulations and welcome!
Thanks brightdoglover! Colorado Springs, especially where I live near the Garden of the Gods/Red Rock Canyon/Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs! I'm close to all of these places and also shopping, the VA Clinic and close to where my friends live who helped me find my place, who are only minutes away and it's a beautiful drive! There's so much to do here in Cos and even driving to the store offers beautiful views of Pikes Peak, the Front Range and sandstone rock formations! Yes, life is good here in Cos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 07:30 AM

For the Veterans here on city-data.com, here's a link to an article about places where you can get a free or discounted entree, meal, dessert from. It lists national chains:

146 Food Freebies and Discounts for Veterans Day 2019

My daughter in law found free french toast for Veterans at Kneaders and I'm meeting her and my grandsons there for breakfast this morning. BTW, my son and I took my daughter in law to the Kneaders in Castle Rock the day before Mothers Day this past year and their french toast is to die for!

Old 11-14-2019, 10:12 AM

I popped up to Historic Manitou Springs this past Tuesday as it was a nice day, sunny with temperatures in the 50s. Being that it's November, the crowds were absent, but there were some people out enjoying the weather and scene, but it wasn't crowded at all. I just walked up Manitou Ave and cut over a few times to the walks along Fountain Creek. It's nice there and I had a good afternoon wandering around there. I had some nice interactions with folks as well and it's nice that people are so friendly here! While walking the loop back, I decided to stop into the Keg Lounge and have a couple of beers. It's a great dive bar with a full size shuffleboard and pool table and a good atmosphere in the 119 year old building. I didn't get his name, but the bartender (shaved head and full beard) was friendly and gave good service and I enjoyed looking at the patches from fire, rescue departments and law enforcement organizations that are displayed around the bar. This is my type of place and I will be back!

Old 11-16-2019, 05:12 PM

My son and daughter in law invited me to join them and my grandsons today at the VFW Ham and Turkey Luncheon in the Elbert Women's Club Mercantile Bldg and it was a really nice event and we met some really nice people and fellow veterans and some very nice kids from the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts that were refilling everyone's beverages! Ham, turkey and all the fixings and it was such a good meal served up by very nice people! I've met some fine and friendly folks in Elbert!

Old 11-16-2019, 05:42 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,184,017 times
I really love reading your updates & am so happy you are enjoying it here!

I was born in Japan in 1967 while Dad was stationed at Fuchu AS with Pacom Elint but this has been home since 1971.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I really love reading your updates & am so happy you are enjoying it here!

I was born in Japan in 1967 while Dad was stationed at Fuchu AS with Pacom Elint but this has been home since 1971.
Thanks, coschristi! I'm posting these updates to share my experience with moving to Cos and things have been good so far! I'm glad I moved here and it's a great place to live!

Very interesting you being born in Japan! Do you remember living there? You've lived here in Cos for a long time and have seen the changes. I lived in Denver and Aurora in the early 1980s and don't recognize a lot of that area anymore. Being drawn back to Colorado this past year, I'm glad I settled here in Cos and love that it's so close to the Front Range!

Old 11-16-2019, 07:50 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,184,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochester_veteran View Post
Thanks, coschristi! I'm posting these updates to share my experience with moving to Cos and things have been good so far! I'm glad I moved here and it's a great place to live!

Very interesting you being born in Japan! Do you remember living there? You've lived here in Cos for a long time and have seen the changes. I lived in Denver and Aurora in the early 1980s and don't recognize a lot of that area anymore. Being drawn back to Colorado this past year, I'm glad I settled here in Cos and love that it's so close to the Front Range!
I DO remember quite a bit of Japan! My dad took took tons of pictures & I share them on a FB page for veterans of Fuchu AS in Japan & their families. Also on a FB page for Tachikawa AFB, as my sister & I were born in Tachi hospital.

My dad was a native of Boulder CO but when my parents returned; they found Boulder to be at the heart of Vietnam protests & riots & the hippie/beatnick culture with the drugs was rampant, so they very carefully selected Colorado Springs as the place to raise their children; for which I am eternally grateful.

This is the biggest small town ever, for those of us who grew up here. The population boom during the 70s & 80s was extraordinary but the heart of the city remains the same.

Sounds like you are a great fit for Colorado Springs!

Old 11-17-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
This is the biggest small town ever, for those of us who grew up here. The population boom during the 70s & 80s was extraordinary but the heart of the city remains the same.

Sounds like you are a great fit for Colorado Springs!
Yes, I've told people similar that Cos has the feel of a smaller city than what it really is!

Old 11-17-2019, 10:43 AM

7,251 posts, read 9,447,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochester_veteran View Post
Yes, I've told people similar that Cos has the feel of a smaller city than what it really is!
Hey RV, Shhhh.

Keep this up and you'll let the secret out. We have so many people moving here already.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:17 AM

3,962 posts, read 4,440,629 times
Too late. 1970 was 135k, 2020 projected at 500k. That's a huge increase for a 50 year period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs