Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 02:16 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,882,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochester_veteran View Post
I'll be in Colorado Spring on Monday-Wednesday, May 6 through May 8, 2019, searching for a 1 bedroom apartment that will be available on September 1, 2019, when I would like to move in. If anybody here knows of one, either reply here or email me at:

rochester_veteran@yahoo.com

Time flies when you're having fun and I can't believe how quickly this creeped up on me! I'll also be visiting my son, daughter in law and grandsons, including my grandson who I haven't seen yet that was born on March 19, 2019! This is the main reason for the trip, but also doing recon for an apartment!

As I'm sure you're aware, prices have only gone up since you first posted. Not sure if this suggestion was made, but driving around neighborhoods that interest you may yield "for rent" signs for places not rented through management companies. Although you'll see this more on the west side of town and Manitou Springs, so that suggestion may not help you.

Good luck with your search, and keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 06:44 AM

216 posts, read 190,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
As I'm sure you're aware, prices have only gone up since you first posted. Not sure if this suggestion was made, but driving around neighborhoods that interest you may yield "for rent" signs for places not rented through management companies. Although you'll see this more on the west side of town and Manitou Springs, so that suggestion may not help you.

Good luck with your search, and keep us posted.
Thanks for the tip, mtngigi. What I'm initially going to do is search the Zillow website for "Colorado Springs" in the rental range of $750-$900 and then call the places on the east side and inquire if they have a 1 bedroom apartment available September 1 or there about. I will visit those that have apartments available September 1 and in the course of driving to these places, I will watch for places with "For Rent" signs up. I have a hotel room in CS through Wednesday and I hope I can find and secure a place during this time! It's been a long time since I've been apartment hunting and I'm a little nervous about it but am forging ahead in hopes that I can find a decent place in my price range.

Thanks for your suggestions, it's much appreciated!

Old 05-06-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, mtngigi. What I'm initially going to do is search the Zillow website for "Colorado Springs" in the rental range of $750-$900 and then call the places on the east side and inquire if they have a 1 bedroom apartment available September 1 or there about. I will visit those that have apartments available September 1 and in the course of driving to these places, I will watch for places with "For Rent" signs up. I have a hotel room in CS through Wednesday and I hope I can find and secure a place during this time! It's been a long time since I've been apartment hunting and I'm a little nervous about it but am forging ahead in hopes that I can find a decent place in my price range.

Thanks for your suggestions, it's much appreciated!
You're welcome - hope you find some good leads. Only having a few days to look around would make me nervous too!

Don't forget to look at ppar: https://ppar.com/search/specializedSearch.aspx

In search under "Rental", you can use filters to enter parameters to help narrow and specify what you're looking for. Things like min./max budget, number of bedrooms/bathrooms, property type (apt. condo, etc.), square footage, etc.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
You're welcome - hope you find some good leads. Only having a few days to look around would make me nervous too!

Don't forget to look at ppar: https://ppar.com/search/specializedSearch.aspx

In search under "Rental", you can use filters to enter parameters to help narrow and specify what you're looking for. Things like min./max budget, number of bedrooms/bathrooms, property type (apt. condo, etc.), square footage, etc.
Again, thanks for the pointers, mtngigi! As it turns out, none of the places I called had any idea if they would have vacancies on 9/1, too far forward and usually tenants only have to give a 1 month notice to end their leases, so I was told to call them towards the end of July when they'd get the yearly lease agreements returned. One place showed me a couple of vacant units and they were fine for me and within the middle of my price range and they took an application from me and the rental agent is going to contact me and let me know if they have something that suits my preferred move in date. He was a nice and helpful person to show me the vacant apartments and take an application, nobody else was willing to do this so far in advance. Another person I contacted is an agent for a company that owns a lot of other complexes and she was going to put a word in for me in a meeting with her higher-ups this past afternoon. It's been many moons since I last apartment hunted and I learned a lesson today about the CS apartment market. So I'm going to put the breaks on the apartment hunting and just discover Colorado Springs and get a feel for the place.

It was a gorgeous day today, 70 and sunny and Pikes Peak was shining over the city! The forecast has the weather being inclement Wednesday and snow possible on Thursday, although tomorrow it will be only be in the 50s, the sun is supposed to be out and at this altitude, it's more intense and feels warmer! I'm meeting a high school classmate and her husband that live in the area at a barbeque place on Wednesday. I'm going Mexican this evening at a place within walking distance of my hotel, so that means I can drink a few Margaritas!

Old 05-07-2019, 10:41 AM

Not a great day weather wise today (5/7) so I'm going to explore Old Colorado City. I just downloaded the historic tour app that's on the Welcome Center website. Once I'm done with the tour and a visit to the Ghost Town Museum, I'll probably grab linner at one of the brew pubs.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:00 AM

It's a dismal day, isn't it?

Too bad so many rentals are units you can't know about until close to your move date ... but I'm sure something will come through. I bet you'll decide "the west side is the best side" after spending the day over here and you'll broaden your rental search.

This brewery is only a block or two south of OCC: Colorado Mountain Brewery

Old 05-07-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
It's a dismal day, isn't it?

Too bad so many rentals are units you can't know about until close to your move date ... but I'm sure something will come through. I bet you'll decide "the west side is the best side" after spending the day over here and you'll broaden your rental search.

This brewery is only a block or two south of OCC: Colorado Mountain Brewery
mtngigi, when I came out of the Ghost Town Museum, it was drizzling pretty hard, so I had no choice but to seek refuge from the elements at the Colorado Mountain Brewery! their IPA is so good and brewed right next to the bar and I had their Mac-n-Cheese for linner and that was excellent. Love the restored stone building and the big windows in back of the bar letting in lots of nature sunlight, even on a gloomy day like today! Old Colorado City is nice! It would be cool if I could find an apartment in my price range there. I walked by one complex of attached bungalows on the corner of S 21st Street and W Cucharras St that pulled at me, there's some cool old neighborhoods there!

Last edited by rochester_veteran; 05-07-2019 at 05:34 PM..

Old 05-07-2019, 06:25 PM

6,832 posts, read 10,575,410 times
Quote:
mtngigi, when I came out of the Ghost Town Museum, it was drizzling pretty hard, so I had no choice but to seek refuge from the elements at the Colorado Mountain Brewery! their IPA is so good and brewed right next to the bar and I had their Mac-n-Cheese for linner and that was excellent. Love the restored stone building and the big windows in back of the bar letting in lots of nature sunlight, even on a gloomy day like today! Old Colorado City is nice! It would be cool if I could find an apartment in my price range there. I walked by one complex of attached bungalows on the corner of S 21st Street and W Cucharras St that pulled at me, there's some cool old neighborhoods there!
The building where the Colorado Mountain Brewery is an old roundhouse for Midland railway. There's another one on Pikes Peak Ave. east of downtown. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midlan...oad_Roundhouse

Old 05-08-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
The building where the Colorado Mountain Brewery is an old roundhouse for Midland railway. There's another one on Pikes Peak Ave. east of downtown. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midlan...oad_Roundhouse
Way cool history factoid to know, otowi! The Colorado Mountain Brewery is so pleasing to the eye, good vibes there too!

Old 05-08-2019, 07:12 AM

I checked out the www.visitcos.com website and one of the Cos attractions that I found is Glen Eyrie. I think I'm going to check it out today. Even though things didn't meet my expectations finding an apartment, at least I got to see a few places and know what I'll get for what's in my rent budget. Yesterday spending the late morning and afternoon exploring Old Colorado City was a fun adventure and linner at the Colorado Mountain Brewery topped the day off! Also, I really liked the feel in Old Colorado City and would consider finding an apartment there. Today at Glen Eyrie will be good too! For dinner, I'll be meeting a friend who goes way back to high school and her husband, it will be good to see them again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs