Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 12:30 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times

Advertisements

^ I saw 5 points today, I was going to take a picture of it but my phone was dead.

My favorite part of the article was:
"With the goal to create a community-friendly place along with a comfortable image, the use of the public space will increase property values, which will benefit and revitalize the economy with an easy accessibility where different activities engage at a social place.

Five Points Plaza is expected to significantly enhance Uptown Greenville, improving the economy and providing more social benefits, as well as promoting the community's health, happiness and well-being."

That's some good stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 08:52 PM

107 posts, read 175,804 times
A former employee of Home Depot, said that Pitt Community College has purchased the property and will be moving their home construction to this location. Has anyone else heard anything concerning this? I noticed that all of the orange has been painted white or beige to remove all signs of this being a closed Home Depot location.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:49 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
A former employee of Home Depot, said that Pitt Community College has purchased the property and will be moving their home construction to this location. Has anyone else heard anything concerning this? I noticed that all of the orange has been painted white or beige to remove all signs of this being a closed Home Depot location.
That would be a good purchase, I believe. But as of right now, the "former" owners still own it. Maybe PCC is leasing the land/building?

Is their Home construction major large? Or maybe it will be after this.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 AM

451 posts, read 1,914,803 times
A large wharehouse style building would be good to simulate modular home building. I hope this rumor is true...it's better than a vacant big-box store!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 PM

232 posts, read 475,262 times
Just thought i'd take an updated picture of the new cheddars steakhouse.
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-part_1301329882977.jpg  

Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 PM

38 posts, read 96,509 times
Thumbs down in front of theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
I can't believe there aren't more restaurants in front on the movie theater complex...East Coast Wings is good but I wouldn't mind some more selection out there. An ice cream shop would be a good idea as well.
i talked to the people that opened peppermints yogurt and they said they wanted to open a store in front of the new movie theater but they wanted way to much money for rent .

Old 03-31-2011, 08:57 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millina2009 View Post
i talked to the people that opened peppermints yogurt and they said they wanted to open a store in front of the new movie theater but they wanted way to much money for rent .
Hopefully that corridor/Allen Road will explode soon with development. It goes from nice to sketchy to nice.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 PM

thank you for your reply.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Oh yes to both. It is not nearly extensive as some cities, they are finally coming around to putting this as something people want.

Currently, we have the South Tar River Greenway (Phase 1). It goes from the Town Commons to the Dog park near Tar River Estates. Asphalted with many benches etc. As the name indicates, it follows the Tar River on the south side.

We also currently have Green Mill Run Greenway. It starts at the Greensprings park, across the street from St. Peters on 5th. It follows along Green Mill Run, across 10th St, through Elm St park and ends at the big parking lot on College Hill.

River Park North is a ~300acre nature park located directly north of the Tar River. It has fishing, boating (small/pedal), camping and walking/biking trails.

In the construction/design stage:

South Tar River Greenway (Phase 2). This will pick up Phase 1 at the Dog park and follow Tar River along until it picks up where Green Mill Run dumps into the Tar. It will then follow Green Mill Run to Greensprings Park. If you've been on 5th St and saw the trees being cleared on the opposite side of Greensprings, this is what is being put in. There will be a boardwalk (more elevated walkway, less beach boardwalk) to traverse the wetlands located out there. Last I saw March 2011 is the complete date. But obviously that is VERY fluid.

The Town Commons is getting redesigned. Part of this will connect River Park North to the existing South Tar River Greenway.

The next one is the Green Mill Run Phase 2 Section 2 & 3. It will extend Green Mill Run from its current endpoint on ECU to Evans Park. I've heard the new Province at East Carolina (the new apartment complex going in at the old Kings Arms) is "helping" with this. Basically Green Mill Run cuts off a chunk of usable land. That land can (basically) only be used for a greenway. So they would follow the creek, up beside Pirates Place all the way to Evans Park. This is currently a second half of 2011/first bit of 2012 project.

Lastly, they are looking at putting a greenway on Parkers Creek. It will go from River Park North to the Greenville Aquatics and Fitness Center. But it is way in the future to set anything in stone.

Greenville is in the process of updating their Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan. They are, I believe, still looking for public input. A website was set up, Greenways Inc (http://www.greenways.com/greenvillenc - broken link) for the public to let them know what they want.

Hopefully that helped/put you in the right direction.
very helpful,thank you

Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
A.C Moore, Michael's and Hancock's have a new competitor in town Joann's will be opening in the spring of this year in the former Goody's building.

Peppermint's frozen yogurt is coming to Greenville as well. They will be located near the ASAP on Charles Blvd near Walgreens. Arby's on firetower will have a neighbor in the near future a cookout restaurant is looking in that area, this will be a eat in cookout restaurant.
there is also another peppermints on 10 st somewhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina